You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!

Comments

• Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited December 2009
    dont mean to be pushy,but would like to see a post from one of the suits on here.
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!:
    dont mean to be pushy,but would like to see a post from one of the suits on here.
    Posted by namesb0nd
    its the weekend you have no chance lol
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    monday!--we want a suit ! we want a suit !--ee aye adio we want a suit  !!!!!

Come on sky des, or sky rich whats the floppin story!
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    Hi guys,

i have had a quick chat with the poker team and and the download release will be coming in the new year. the rough date they have given me is March so hopefully you haven't got too much more to wait.

thank you.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited December 2009
    The man from Sky Poker he say "A download product is scheduled for release in February while further developments wil be released shortly to further improve our service to you."
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    "i stand corrected"

[man wearing orthopedic shoes]

;)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited December 2009
    LOL! Good one ;)
  • Options
    ajs4385ajs4385 Member Posts: 455
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW!:
    you can play 16 games with a download version --with no problems at all----here you can play one--if you're lucky!
    Posted by oynutter
    I have played more than 16 tables on sky with no problems. I think the problem is with your computer not sky.
  • Options
    OldhandLukOldhandLuk Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : Erm, where did I say I was afraid to download please?, even if we do get a downloadable version, I am happy with this.
    Posted by acebarry10

Yeah, buddy, everything's hunky dorey for you, so why should you care, huh?

We heard you loud and clear, Ta...

Meanwhile people with problems spend hours looking for info on what's goin' on, only to run into... you!

• Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : I have played more than 16 tables on sky with no problems. I think the problem is with your computer not sky.
    Posted by ajs4385
    lol i think you just cut n paste this on every post about ppls speed problems.  the world and their dog know that uve played 16 tables with no problem.  It doesnt mean there isnt 1
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited December 2009
    yeh--dur
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : lol i think you just cut n paste this on every post about ppls speed problems.  the world and their dog know that uve played 16 tables with no problem.  It doesnt mean there isnt 1
    Posted by OMahonyO

I post it to make people realise there is nothing wrong with skys software the problem is with their ancient computer.
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : I post it to make people realise there is nothing wrong with skys software the problem is with their ancient computer.
    Posted by ajs4385
    My computers 9 days Old, It's top of the line with a ton of ram, quick processor, great graphics capability etc etc etc, yet problems still occur. Perhaps AJS you have just been very lucky
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : I post it to make people realise there is nothing wrong with skys software the problem is with their ancient computer.
    Posted by ajs4385
    Just because you can control Russian satellites with your set up, most others are not as fortunate.  You are in a small minority of ppl who do not have problems multitabling as much as they would like to.

Maybe this is a good time to advertise your services to custom build a computer for someone that costs £1M so they can grind NL4 and make it back in no time lol
  • Options
    edited December 2009

I play on sky on a range of computers as I have a few pupils who are learning the game. They all multi table to some extent, the problems occur when the computer is not good enough. A low spec computer can run a couple of tables fine but has problems with any more. e.g. any with less than a core 2 duo processor. Most core 2 duo can run 6 no probs. Any more need a high performance set up. But if anybody is that serious to play a load of tables they should be willing to invest in a good pc.  The main thing is the processor and is expensive to improve as you might as well start from scratch with a new pc. Ram is not too problematic to a certain extent as its cheap enough. Problems come with limitations of windows as it has physical memory limitations with certain versions. Graphics cards should not be a problem unless you want to run multiple monitors with a good resolution.

Sky needs a higher spec system than most but that because it is browser based. This has been a great decision for Sky as I dont think they would have experienced the growth they have as no download has attracted lots of casual players without casual players there is no poker site.

By the way OmayonyO I offered to do you a perfect poker pc I wasnt even going to charge you anything for my time as I enjoy messing with computers and the fact that you had moaned about not being able to multi table loads of times.

So everyone theres a bit of info for you so make your decision either blame sky for having a browser based site which takes up more computing power OR do somethin yourself about it and invest in a good pc OR wait till download is available which I am sure is going to be full of bugs and not work properly anyway for first couple of months. (not a dig at skys tech guys just its bound to happen unless they purchase a tried and tested poker software.)

• Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited December 2009
    I play on sky on a range of computers as I have a few pupils who are learning the game. They all multi table to some extent, the problems occur when the computer is not good enough. A low spec computer can run a couple of tables fine but has problems with any more. e.g. any with less than a core 2 duo processor. Most core 2 duo can run 6 no probs. Any more need a high performance set up. But if anybody is that serious to play a load of tables they should be willing to invest in a good pc.  The main thing is the processor and is expensive to improve as you might as well start from scratch with a new pc. Ram is not too problematic to a certain extent as its cheap enough. Problems come with limitations of windows as it has physical memory limitations with certain versions. Graphics cards should not be a problem unless you want to run multiple monitors with a good resolution. Sky needs a higher spec system than most but that because it is browser based. This has been a great decision for Sky as I dont think they would have experienced the growth they have as no download has attracted lots of casual players without casual players there is no poker site. By the way OmayonyO I offered to do you a perfect poker pc I wasnt even going to charge you anything for my time as I enjoy messing with computers and the fact that you had moaned about not being able to multi table loads of times. So everyone theres a bit of info for you so make your decision either blame sky for having a browser based site which takes up more computing power OR do somethin yourself about it and invest in a good pc OR wait till download is available which I am sure is going to be full of bugs and not work properly anyway for first couple of months. (not a dig at skys tech guys just its bound to happen unless they purchase a tried and tested poker software.)
    Posted by ajs4385
    i bet those pupils of yours ,

take a lot of headache tablets,

having to put up with your ego all day.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I play on sky on a range of computers as I have a few pupils who are learning the game. They all multi table to some extent, the problems occur when the computer is not good enough. A low spec computer can run a couple of tables fine but has problems with any more. e.g. any with less than a core 2 duo processor. Most core 2 duo can run 6 no probs. Any more need a high performance set up. But if anybody is that serious to play a load of tables they should be willing to invest in a good pc.  The main thing is the processor and is expensive to improve as you might as well start from scratch with a new pc. Ram is not too problematic to a certain extent as its cheap enough. Problems come with limitations of windows as it has physical memory limitations with certain versions. Graphics cards should not be a problem unless you want to run multiple monitors with a good resolution. Sky needs a higher spec system than most but that because it is browser based. This has been a great decision for Sky as I dont think they would have experienced the growth they have as no download has attracted lots of casual players without casual players there is no poker site. By the way OmayonyO I offered to do you a perfect poker pc I wasnt even going to charge you anything for my time as I enjoy messing with computers and the fact that you had moaned about not being able to multi table loads of times. So everyone theres a bit of info for you so make your decision either blame sky for having a browser based site which takes up more computing power OR do somethin yourself about it and invest in a good pc OR wait till download is available which I am sure is going to be full of bugs and not work properly anyway for first couple of months. (not a dig at skys tech guys just its bound to happen unless they purchase a tried and tested poker software.)
    Posted by ajs4385
    Informative post AJS

If you were willing to set me up a pc for free that is very generous of you and please accept my apologies for my misjudgement of character.  Still a bit out of my price range though ;-)

The thing is I only use my pc for poker and surfing the net.  If Sky were to say there would never be a download, then it would be worth my while spending £1k on a pc.

tbh, I`m not sure I even want the download version now.  Since Sky introduced the tiling function, I am able to 6 table most of the time quite easily and I`m happy with that at the mo.

The only reason I wouldnt want the download is because it is the next step to allow pt/hem etc, which WILL happen eventually imo.

For everyone else in this thread, forgive me if im stating the obvious, but have you tried different browsers?

I think I have tried nearly every browser going but found firefox to be the quickest and have stuck with that.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I have tried most browsers never thought they made much difference. Your internet connection does make a difference and thats not been mentioned yet. I have two connections with different ISP just in case one is down. This comes in handy as if something stops working you can rule out your isp being the problem if whatever your trying to do does not work on either connection.
  • Options
    OldhandLukOldhandLuk Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: WE WANT SOME FLOPPIN NEWS ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD RELEASE DATE---NOW! : i bet those pupils of yours , take a lot of headache tablets, having to put up with your ego all day.
    Posted by IRISHROVER

Well said, Irishrover!

There are plenty ppl here that play with high spec comps and have problems. I had no problem with a decent spec tooter for about a month. Then the probs started. I NEVER multi-table. The fault lies with Sky but obviously they can't figure it out.

Casual players would never be deterred by a download either. Instead Sky think their epilepsy inducing Flash is a USP, but it's more like a Uniquely Depressing Point to me...

A guy from tech support offered me compensation (that was kind) and told me to clear temp files and cookies (talk about lame tech advice ;-)

So did my tooter degrade so much in a month that in played perfect before and now like a nightmare?

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited December 2009

I have just come across this thread and as I know didley squat about computers, 99% of this has gone over my head. However, if it is any help to anybody out there, when my Commodore 64 pc is playing up and running slowly, I just plug it into my sinclair C5 and everything seems to go smoother.

I hope this is of some assistance to some people.