You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tell us one interesting thing about you

DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
I am fairly new on the forum and don't know that much about the other posters. I thought it might be fun to do a 'getting to know you' type thread.

So tell us 1 thing about you that we probably don't know about you. In other words if you are Tikay you cannot say "I am old and the captain of the loosing TKO team" as we already know that!

So I'll start the ball rolling....

When I was 5 I was kissed by Basil Brush.

Comments

• Options
    35suited35suited Member Posts: 2,332
    edited December 2009
    ummmmmmm not so sure its interesting but im a registered childminder (certianly not many men do this in our area)

Lead a pretty dull life sonothing really "interesting" to put
  • Options
    EDKENT123EDKENT123 Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2009
    i appeared on a old quiz show on channel 5, it was called whittle hosted by tim vine
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    i like this thread, good work Dingdell.

everyone likes talking about themselves right?

to duly oblige...

a few years ago i worked and lived in the USA managing a junior boys 'soccer' from Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited December 2009

I once hit 2 180's in a row, tried the 9 dart finish with the third set and scored 3 points in 3 darts.

Hadn't hit a 180 previous and havent't hit one since !

DOHH
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited December 2009
    As a child the Queen once visited our home town and my school stood lining the road outside as she drove past. My friend thought it would be funny to pretend to shove me into the road as she passed. He pushed to hard, i shot out and bounced off the bonnet of the queens car.

Long story Short - The Queen Ran Me Over :)
  • Options
    Sky_DaveSky_Dave Member Posts: 3,288
    edited December 2009
    Each and every job I have ever held has been due to either drinking or gambling. :)
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited December 2009
    I have been on radio and TV, media star me ;)
  • Options
    LMLLML Member Posts: 1,708
    edited December 2009

Good thread.. Tracey!!

Ooh.. Um OK, I've done 8 solo Skydives.. And I'm still not sure if I really enjoyed them or was just SO excited by the prospect of still being alive when I hit the gound, that I just thought I really enjoyed them.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,375
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you:
    Good thread.. DOHx7 Ooh.. Um OK, I've done 8 solo Skydives.. And I'm still not sure if I really enjoyed them or was just SO excited by the prospect of still being alive when I hit the gound, that I just thought I really enjoyed them.
    Posted by LML
    [  ] Dingdell is pleased you said that.
  • Options
    igeige Member Posts: 121
    edited December 2009

played on stage in the 1994 bells doubles darts final against eric bristow, quallified through all the public houses in london, got beat 3-1 but  i got their lol.

• Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited December 2009
    Good thread.. DOHx7 Ooh.. Um OK, I've done 8 solo Skydives.. And I'm still not sure if I really enjoyed them or was just SO excited by the prospect of still being alive when I hit the gound, that I just thought I really enjoyed them.
    Posted by LML
    good company lol, in my younger days i did loads of HALO, HAHO, my best one were from an American Chinook over the mohavi desert 3000 ft out of the tailgate and the pilot was female lol (scary 20 years ago)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you : [  ] Dingdell is pleased you said that.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Stop trying to get me into trouble by changing my words Boss!!

Ps.. Sorry Tracey :(
  • Options
    Taller_GuyTaller_Guy Member Posts: 289
    edited December 2009
    In my spare time I write short stories and I'm also joint writer, editor and publisher of a (very) small circulation magazine called The Inconsequential.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you : good company lol, in my younger days i did loads of HALO, HAHO, my best one were from an American Chinook over the mohavi desert 3000 ft out of the tailgate and the pilot was female lol (scary 20 years ago)
    Posted by loonytoons
    Wow! Sounds like you've had quite the life!!

Any moment where you're about to be thrown out of a perfectly serviceable airplane entirely of your own accord..Is one worth questioning.. But that sounds AWESOME!! Terrifying until you hit the ground in one piece..but then AWESOME!! Not much room for error on a 3000ft Drop n pop!

Eek.
  • Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited December 2009
    i was chess champion at 13 of my school and  played the essex county champion and beat him and the champion of leeds university the same year sad but true
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited December 2009
    i pulled a young girl out of the pool at broxbourne lido many years ago and the paramedics revived her and her life was saved.proudest moment of my life.dav
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited December 2009
    i pulled a young girl out of the pool at broxbourne lido many years ago and the paramedics revived her and her life was saved.proudest moment of my life.dav
    Posted by dav1964

wow that's a great one
  • Options
    mr_mbromr_mbro Member Posts: 1,152
    edited December 2009
    Hi
    This not very spectacular im afraid but here goes lol
    I used to play county standard squash(20 years ago) and entered the Doncaster open, one year.
    I won my first match against a local player and then in the next round played a bloke called Christy Willstrop, who at the time was 13th in the world.
    Anyhow, my brothers small company was sponsoring me for the weekend and after the second game joked that if i gave in he wouldnt pay me.
    I was very fit then, and at my level i could play for up to 2 hours, BUT in 25 mins this guy ran me around the court so much that i could hardly breath after the game and i couldnt hold my pint for about an hour later.

The tale of this story is, how good is poker that you can sit down with best in the world with at least a chance of winning and not looking like you need oxygen.

col
    PS I aslo spent a day dress up as Spot the Dog at my kids school.
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited December 2009

Im an electrician and was once attacted by a totally naked mad old lady in nursing home

• Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited December 2009
    I appeared on the Wide Awake Club in 1987 with my impressive collection of Corgi/Matchbox cars.  Yes, I have a WAC Pack.  And yes, a VHS tape does exist...