You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tell us one interesting thing about you

Comments

• Options
    OnlyOneCTOnlyOneCT Member Posts: 1,181
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you:
    I appeared on the Wide Awake Club in 1987 with my impressive collection of Corgi/Matchbox cars.  Yes, I have a WAC Pack.  And yes, a VHS tape does exist...
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Did you get to play Mallet's Mallet?!!
  • Options
    DingdellDingdell Member Posts: 166
    edited December 2009
    i pulled a young girl out of the pool at broxbourne lido many years ago and the paramedics revived her and her life was saved.proudest moment of my life.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    Missing a trick here - find her - remind her you saved her life, get her to pay all your buy ins from now on!

Seriously - wonderful story - helping a human being like this is unbeatable imo. 
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    I was runner-up in the 1980 UK pool championships. I've also played John Parrot, Alex Higgins and the late John Spencer at snooker.
  • Options
    COCASIRFCOCASIRF Member Posts: 439
    edited December 2009
    I played 20 mins in the FA cup 1st round ....not very exciting but its one of the greatest football competitions in the world
  • Options
    J-HartiganJ-Hartigan Member Posts: 2,756
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you : Missing a trick here - find her - remind her you saved her life, get her to pay all your buy ins from now on! Seriously - wonderful story - helping a human being like this is unbeatable imo. 
    Posted by Dingdell
    Surely appearing on the Wide Awake Club comes a pretty close second?  Even if I didn't get to play Mallett's Mallet :-(

• Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2009
    AS A YOUNGSTER I PLAYED FOOTBALL , BADLY . MY VERY FIRST GAME WE LOST 16 - 0 . I SCORED 2 OWN GOALS . IN THE SECOND HALF , I HAD TO REPLACE OUR INJURED GOALIE , I NEVER TOUCHED THE BALL ONCE IN 20 MINUTES , EXCEPT TO PICK IT OUT OF THE BACK OF THE NET . THIS WAS PLAYING FOR OUR 2ND TEAM .

THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND , OUR 1ST TEAM PLAYED AGAINST THE SAME TEAM WE HAD LOST TO AND BEAT THEM 16 - 0 AWAY FROM HOME !!!! 
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited December 2009
    Im an electrician and was once attacted by a totally naked mad old lady in nursing home
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Ahh, the old "I was attacked" story.......

• Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited December 2009
    I came 3rd in an IQ competition run by Mensa and the Manchester Evening News................ a 9 year old boy won it :(
  • Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited December 2009
    Played Tim Henman at tennis when both in our youth
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited December 2009
    I came 3rd in an IQ competition run by Mensa and the Manchester Evening News................ a 9 year old boy won it :(
    Posted by elsadog
    I hope you punched the little know-it-all?!
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited December 2009
    I was born dead but then revived...obviously.
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2009
     I have spent over 10 years doing am-dram with starring roles in many shows. But my biggest highlight was appearing in Hornblower. Where in a 2 minute scene i die 7 times.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I was born dead but then revived...obviously.
    Posted by namesb0nd
    There is a nurse somewhere looking for you trying to get you to fund all her buy ins.....
  • Options
    HORRISHORRIS Member Posts: 76
    edited December 2009
    Man thats a hard question, or maybe iv just led an uneventfull life lol I bench pressed 240lbs at the gym yesterday, not very interesting i know but i was well chuffed as i only weigh 149:)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you : Surely appearing on the Wide Awake Club comes a pretty close second?  Even if I didn't get to play Mallett's Mallet :-(
    Posted by J-Hartigan
    Is that the one where he has a budgie on his shoulder? In which case...definitely not second, third or anywhere close. Any life saving stories..?
  • Options
    PILLOWMANPILLOWMAN Member Posts: 1,165
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you : There is a nurse somewhere looking for you trying to get you to fund all her buy ins.....
    Posted by Dingdell
    LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2009
     I have spent over 10 years doing am-dram with starring roles in many shows. But my biggest highlight was appearing in Hornblower. Where in a 2 minute scene i die 7 times.
    Posted by Talon
    Filmed in Menorca? I was probably there if so - I used to do some work for the diving company used for all the underwater scenes. Small world!
  • Options
    TalonTalon Member Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Tell us one interesting thing about you : Filmed in Menorca? I was probably there if so - I used to do some work for the diving company used for all the underwater scenes. Small world!
    Posted by Dingdell
     No unfortunately it was the scenes they filmed on the Devon coastline but was still great fun
  • Options
    ness4ness4 Member Posts: 388
    edited December 2009

I'm a member of St Johns Ambulance and want to be a firefighter =] Any fire fighters on the forums?
    Finally after 2 years of waiting, they are finally recruiting! Sent the app of nearly 2 weeks ago!

• Options
    razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited December 2009
    i cross dress x