You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Looking at joining a team

SilentChivSilentChiv Member Posts: 81
edited October 2014 in Team Talk
I've recently got back into online poker and looking to take it more seriously whilst having fun at the same time.

I'm looking at joining a team but not sure which one as there's so many. Help would be appreciated

Paul

Comments

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited October 2014
    Check your PM's Paul, my fellow Yorkshire flat cap wearing, pit working chap.
  • Options
    SilentChivSilentChiv Member Posts: 81
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team:
    Check your PM's Paul, my fellow Yorkshire flat cap wearing, pit working chap.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Hello there, I don't appear to have any messages in my inbox, unless I'm been a tool and looking in the wrong place
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    No you're not being a tool, I haven't sent one yet ;)

We have a small but perfectly formed team in the Outlaws. Interested? We're more fun than all the other teams, guaranteed.
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited October 2014
    Mr Chiv welcome back I knew I recognised the name. You were in TPT and although your no longer listed (we have an audit every now and again) your welcome to come back in. Harrys team may be more fun (debatable)  but we still have the best rail. The choice is yours Chiv
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2014
    Hi Mr Chive
    Welcome Back

As they say in the Nike advert.............TPT.......Just Do It !!!!!!!

We cannot offer you a "more fun than all the other teams"guarantee as "Harry Hellmuth" has suggested above, but if TPT was Carling, we would probably be the best team in the world :)

TITANS RULE!!!!! (subject to Terms & Conditions - calls from a mobile may cost you considerably more than a payphone, but they are more likely to be in working order. Please ask Bill Payer, Pokertrev or FlyingDagg for permission :)
  • Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    edited October 2014
    trev im sure its Carlsberg......

its good but its not quite carling.... is thiers.

TPT all the way though.... the choice is yours!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Chiv my fellow Yorkshire guy.

You can join TPT again if you really want (warning, average age about 104), or you can join the new, young, exciting, fun Outlaws. Our captain is undoubtedly better looking than Pokertrev. We have some very good players in our ranks, plus Jac35.

Trev can't even get his beer slogans right! Borderline criminal.

You know what to do.
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited October 2014
    trev im sure its Carlsberg...... its good but its not quite carling.... is thiers. TPT all the way though.... the choice is yours!
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I Hate Carlsberg m8

If it ain't Carling.....it just ain't Conkers :)

I deffo got me beer right.....or more technically known as Lager
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team : if you are looking for some ritual humiliation, slander and unpleasant attempts at humour do feel free to join harry and his merry men. in fact if that's what turns you on then TPT probably isn't for you. they do take all sorts though - like jac who is a great forum contributor but a sh*te team player. however if your sense of humour is of a more friendly bent then TPT might just be more suitable. you pays your money and takes you choice.
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah what Geldy said. If you want to join a humourless bunch then I suppose TPT is your best option :)
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited October 2014
    Geldy and Harry - no need to bring personal spats into this thread.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Not guilty sir, nothing brought in from my end. Geldy has beef with me so it seems. I can take it :)

Over to you Chiv.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I much prefer  a Tennants Pint Tops or a TPT for short....

What do u like civ :)
  • Options
    Matt237Matt237 Member Posts: 1,785
    edited October 2014
    Chiv my fellow Yorkshire guy. You can join TPT again if you really want (warning, average age about 104), or you can join the new, young, exciting, fun Outlaws. Our captain is undoubtedly better looking than Pokertrev. We have some very good players in our ranks, plus Jac35. Trev can't even get his beer slogans right! Borderline criminal. You know what to do.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I think I bring that down to about 12
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited October 2014
    Geldy and Harry - no need to bring personal spats into this thread.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    quite right vicey
    my comments were about Harry not about the team. post deleted. Apologies outlaws (& jac).
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,523
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Looking at joining a team:
    I've recently got back into online poker and looking to take it more seriously whilst having fun at the same time. I'm looking at joining a team but not sure which one as there's so many. Help would be appreciated Paul
    Posted by SilentChiv
    Hi Mr Chiv,

Whilst all the Teams are vying for your signature, I'd just like to congratulate you on your success in the Super Roller on Sunday - 5th for around £1,600 was it?

I only know because I did the Final Table commentary on last night's Show.

If you invest any of that in UKOPS, good luck.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    In Response to Re: Looking at joining a team : quite right vicey my comments were about Harry not about the team. post deleted. Apologies outlaws (& jac).
    Posted by GELDY
    I and the Outlaws accept your apology.
  • Options
    HITMAN_RVHITMAN_RV Member Posts: 8,688
    edited October 2014
    Chiv!!!!

I would Like to throw The HitSquad Hat into the ring in This debate...

Nothing to do with Fact that you beat me into 6th in The Super Roller, VWP Sir!!

Prob fact we have had few Sporting Battles latley, we got on well,  & I think you would fit in nicley
     & Enjoy our Fun Succesful HitSquad!!

Will pm you later, we have many from Yorkshire in Tha Squad too!!

Regards

Dave 'Hitman' Harvey

HitSquad Founder & Capo
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I have a bone to pick with TPT and THS. Just wanna make it clear that I'm not bothered who Chiv picks, it's his call.

Both your teams are full of people who, possibly at a guess but an educated guess, do absolutely nothing. No contribution. Barely play any poker. Basically just sit in the team to swell the numbers.

Would it not be in your best interests to get your house in order first before trying to tempt new members in? Whats the point of having a large team when x% (30/40?) are just silent/pointless members?
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Mabye there like me and dont have much money too deposit.  Or busy......very busy. Or they have a virus or there mouse is broke..... or.... welll......

Sigh i suppose alot are quiet :(

But hey, there are still the usual members from all teams who contribute plenty and post numerous cashes daily and get involved in the forum and most team games.

Trev and dagg do sort out the team list quite regulary for the team.  
  • Options
    samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    edited October 2014
    Chiv my fellow Yorkshire guy. You can join TPT again if you really want (warning, average age about 104), or you can join the new, young, exciting, fun Outlaws. Our captain is undoubtedly better looking than Pokertrev. We have some very good players in our ranks, plus Jac35. Trev can't even get his beer slogans right! Borderline criminal. You know what to do.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Hi Chiv, ignore Harry he is our team moaner/bother causer! It's because the power in our team is with the females so he come's on the forum venting/annoying people and taking it out on them that he has to deal with us lot 24/7.

You're very welcome to join him, and suffer the daily abuse he does :)