You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

yes i am back, but for how long?

webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
hey guys thats right i am back finally after my 2 weeks sabbatical lol, and seen a few nice posts wishing me good luck and wanting me back then seen a few from others that want me gone!! well they may get their wish very shortly, i love the forum here at sky poker but i'm not gonna change who i am so that i dont get told off by sky_rich. i'm not an hard person to get along with, infact i get along with all walks of life but just seems on here some people struggle to take a joke and read way too much into peoples post than they really need to, i dont intend to offend anyone, most of my posts are made tongue in cheek, maybe some smilies would make it more easier on here? anyhow the point i am trying to make is i wont be treated like a kid or singled out just so i can survive here on sky poker, i will continue to be myself and hopefully have a great time and from time to time have a argument with people but thats not a bad thing, it keeps things fresh and real, people should be allowed to voice their opinions! i have been warned that my next ban will be permanent so future not looking good for me on here but lets be honest the whole forum at some time or another is gonna be banned, rules are too strict for my liking and dont like seeing my friends on here treated like kids, lets try treat each other as we expect to be treated..............ADULTS!!!

Comments

• Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited January 2010
    Hey welcome back webby.

I heard a lot about you but was starting to think you were just a myth.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    thankyou mr Miyagi, just a myth lol
  • Options
    elsadogelsadog Member Posts: 5,677
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long?:
    Hey welcome back webby. I heard a lot about you but was starting to think you were just a myth.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    He's not a myth .... definitely a mythster. Hope that's uthful to you.

ps. Welcome back Webby.
  • Options
    Mr_MiyagiMr_Miyagi Member Posts: 2,031
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : He's not a myth .... definitely a mythster. Hope that's uthful to you. ps. Welcome back Webby.
    Posted by elsadog
    What is the matter with you? Cat got your tongue?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : He's not a myth .... definitely a mythster. Hope that's uthful to you. ps. Welcome back Webby.
    Posted by elsadog
    thanks elsa, good to be back i must say
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited January 2010
    Nice to see you back Webby - I'm wondering if SKYBET will put odds up or a sweep stake maybe on the amount of time your back here for lol

For what it's worth i think the forum could do with relaxing the rules slightly, Lets face it this is a poker site and thats reserved for 18 and overs only so a bit of livley debate and language should be nothing that anyone hasn't seen before.

I agree that out & out abuse and therefore very specific swear words etc should be banned as i don't think anyone should be bullied or abused in any walk of life but the some of the words that banned on the filter is just daft.

there's a guy on here with a very CHOICE name but i can't put H E L L into the text box cos it throws it out???? Whats that about!

Anyway back to topic..... Nice to see you back mate!
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2010
    In Response to yes i am back, but for how long?:
    hey guys thats right i am back finally after my 2 weeks sabbatical lol, and seen a few nice posts wishing me good luck and wanting me back then seen a few from others that want me gone!! well they may get their wish very shortly, i love the forum here at sky poker but i'm not gonna change who i am so that i dont get told off by sky_rich. i'm not an hard person to get along with, infact i get along with all walks of life but just seems on here some people struggle to take a joke and read way too much into peoples post than they really need to, i dont intend to offend anyone, most of my posts are made tongue in cheek, maybe some smilies would make it more easier on here? anyhow the point i am trying to make is i wont be treated like a kid or singled out just so i can survive here on sky poker, i will continue to be myself and hopefully have a great time and from time to time have a argument with people but thats not a bad thing, it keeps things fresh and real, people should be allowed to voice their opinions! i have been warned that my next ban will be permanent so future not looking good for me on here but lets be honest the whole forum at some time or another is gonna be banned, rules are too strict for my liking and dont like seeing my friends on here treated like kids, lets try treat each other as we expect to be treated..............ADULTS!!!
    Posted by webby234
    Right on fella,any1 who's gone down the pub and got into a heated discussion about 'anything' hears exactly where ur coming from(and they can end up alot worse than abit of name calling).But online u cant even put the caps lock on without getting a slap on the wrist,or a 'ban for life' threat.On the whole here its a bit of friendly banter,the odd wind up,differences of opinions,pretty much the same as the real world,so WHY is it that its not allowed 2 run its course,are 'they' fearful sum1s gonna drive the length of the country 2 'sawt sum1 out' coz they got called a donkey.lol.fs.Will be a sad day when ur not allowed 2 argue about footy in the pub with ur m8s.welcome back...
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    guys, what you have to remember is that we have strict guidelines that are put in place by Sky (keeping with the Sky brand values).

other forums/ communities may allow slightly more colourful behaviour/ language but that isn't what we are trying to achieve here.

we work hard and want to keep this a friendly, welcoming place that everyone can feel part of and i feel encouraging positive interaction is a great way to do this.

of course we're open to feedback and i always love to hear what you guys have to say but hopefully you can all understand our stance on this.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    guys, what you have to remember is that we have strict guidelines that are put in by Sky (keeping with the Sky brand values). other forums/ communities may allow slightly more colourful behaviour/ language but that isn't what we are trying to achieve here. we work hard and want to keep this a friendly, welcoming place that everyone can feel part of and i feel encouraging positive interaction is a great way to do this. of course we're open to feedback and i always love to hear what you guys have to say but hopefully you can all understand our stance on this.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    cant imagine any1s blaming yourself or any other sky mods(job to do etc)..but i think u'll agree that on the whole its just a bit of chatter....abit of name-calling never hurt no1...death threats by PM is a different matter,but dont ever imagine that will happen...guess its part of this ever evolving 'nanny state' we live in.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    guys, what you have to remember is that we have strict guidelines that are put in by Sky (keeping with the Sky brand values). other forums/ communities may allow slightly more colourful behaviour/ language but that isn't what we are trying to achieve here. we work hard and want to keep this a friendly, welcoming place that everyone can feel part of and i feel encouraging positive interaction is a great way to do this. of course we're open to feedback and i always love to hear what you guys have to say but hopefully you can all understand our stance on this.
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Understood Rich and don't take my comments the wrong way, i don't want free reign to go around insulting and abusing at will, it just seems that for an over 18's site the rules are very very stringent so much that words like H E L L are deemed too offensive for the text filter to print.

Now in context this is a perfectly acceptable word, and even out of context i think it's hard to be deemed as offensive to adults (unless of course you were subjected to some sort of strict Amish upbringing)

I'm all for moderation and respect for others but when things are just TOOOOOOO clean & nice then there is a danger that debates turn into sterile agreement threads where everybody is very nice and nobody dare vere from the accepted opinon

I like the forum that's why i post on it, but sometimes the things that people take offence to bewilder me
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In Response to yes i am back, but for how long? : Right on fella,any1 who's gone down the pub and got into a heated discussion about 'anything' hears exactly where ur coming from(and they can end up alot worse than abit of name calling).But online u cant even put the caps lock on without getting a slap on the wrist,or a 'ban for life' threat.On the whole here its a bit of friendly banter,the odd wind up,differences of opinions,pretty much the same as the real world,so WHY is it that its not allowed 2 run its course,are 'they' fearful sum1s gonna drive the length of the country 2 'sawt sum1 out' coz they got called a donkey.lol.fs.Will be a sad day when ur not allowed 2 argue about footy in the pub with ur m8s.welcome back...
    Posted by philmenow
    There is a world of difference between what is acceptable when said, in "the heat of the moment" in the pub after a few drinks and what is written in a public forum.
    Things said in the pub are transitory and generally private; things that are written on this forum endure and are public.

We all have a chance to consider our thoughts before posting on this forum. We should be more careful before writing things that are designed to be hurtful or provocative. It takes just a moment to write something that will have an impact for many years.
  • Options
    acebarry10acebarry10 Member Posts: 7,556
    edited January 2010
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Er language?, sigh, ban please mods ;), welcome back webby :)
  • Options
    Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited January 2010
    when things are just TOOOOOOO clean & nice then there is a danger that debates turn into sterile agreement threads where everybody is very nice and nobody dare vere from the accepted opinon
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

i'm sure you'll agree this isn't the case in this community! ;)
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    Hi Webby.
    Welcome Back Mate!

Don't think my "Bring Back Webby - Petition" in the forum got you back any quicker, but it was supported very well mate. Can't say I didnt try, anyway, best of luck mate.

Regards
    Pokertrev (The Suite) 
  • Options
    Ms_ChipsMs_Chips Member Posts: 256
    edited January 2010
    guys, what you have to remember is that we have strict guidelines that are put in by Sky (keeping with the Sky brand values).Posted by Sky_Rich
    Does that mean we can dropkick spectators though. J/k CSYTAL CLEAR MR. RICH.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : There is a world of difference between what is acceptable when said, in "the heat of the moment" in the pub after a few drinks and what is written in a public forum. Things said in the pub are transitory and generally private; things that are written on this forum endure and are public. We all have a chance to consider our thoughts before posting on this forum. We should be more careful before writing things that are designed to be hurtful or provocative. It takes just a moment to write something that will have an impact for many years.
    Posted by MereNovice
    Agreed Vince but i like to exercise respect rather than have it enforced (i guess not all are capable but nanny states in general really get my goat).

A slightly less tightened grip on language and what is considered appropriate comment is not a call to people to post abusive comments, i have no need to write a 200 word torrent of swear words but some of the banned words as expressed above just make me laugh. But i can understand SKY Rich saying the rules are designed within SKYs brand values so there will be no change
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : There is a world of difference between what is acceptable when said, in "the heat of the moment" in the pub after a few drinks and what is written in a public forum. Things said in the pub are transitory and generally private; things that are written on this forum endure and are public. We all have a chance to consider our thoughts before posting on this forum. We should be more careful before writing things that are designed to be hurtful or provocative. It takes just a moment to write something that will have an impact for many years.
    Posted by MereNovice
    tell that to the family over there having a meal on a saturday afternoon in the local..there'll always be sum1, sumwhere who is 'deeply offended' by something ,that u or I wouldnt bat an eyelid at..and 2 have 2 think about everything and anything we write is beyond acceptable.i wear my cross and dont for 1 second ever think, ooo i might bump into sum1 who'll be 'deeply offended' by it,better not wear it...i mght have thought ur remark was having a 'pop' at my remark,and i might be 'deeply offended' by that...but being an adult i'll accept what u have 2 say..(bet hes havin a 'pop')
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    Can we have a quick breakdown of "sky's brand values"?
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : tell that to the family over there having a meal on a saturday afternoon in the local..there'll always be sum1, sumwhere who is 'deeply offended' by something ,that u or I wouldnt bat an eyelid at..and 2 have 2 think about everything and anything we write is beyond acceptable.i wear my cross and dont for 1 second ever think, ooo i might bump into sum1 who'll be 'deeply offended' by it,better not wear it...i mght have thought ur remark was having a 'pop' at my remark,and i might be 'deeply offended' by that...but being an adult i'll accept what u have 2 say..(bet hes havin a 'pop')
    Posted by philmenow
    That appears to be an issue on which we differ.
    I deem it crucial that we think about what we write; you deem it unacceptable.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    edited January 2010

I love sky elf

Hope this helps this thread to keep things 'chilled'.

But I do agree with a few posters on here about this being an 'adult environment' and sometimes the strict rules enforced does quell some of the 'free' speech which should be allowed but maybe not accepted by everyone. A 'nanny' state sometimes takes things to an extreme which is not needed but implemented anyway. If in this day and age a person can be charged with assault on a burglar, then not being allowed to use everyday minor 'swear' words on a forum, is no more than we can expect.

I have said welcome back Mr Webby on that other thread but i will say it again just in case you missed it!

WELCOME BACK MR.WEBBY!