You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

yes i am back, but for how long?

Comments

• Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long?:
    guys, what you have to remember is that we have strict guidelines that are put in place by Sky (keeping with the Sky brand values). Posted by Sky_Rich
    Surely if sky were to stick to "sky brand values" then some obscenities which are not allowed in the forum should also apply to its TV Programs and these would also have to be censored?

We are not allowed to say H e l l in the forum but sky are allowed to air much worse swear words in its programs, how can this be the same values?

I think some words could be used to directly insult and abuse people and this is just not acceptable, but come on guys get with it. Thats why tv programs have warnings "this program may contain strong language which some viewers may find offensive" Put a warning on the top of the page, its for over 18s, we all have a choice right?

Ps. "This Post May Contain Strong Language" but all insults have been edited by the mods.

Pps. How come sky members such as Tikay & Mr Orford can submit a post with a word such as "****" in it, but when other forum members reply to their post or submit their own post with this kind of word in it, we have to edit it out before it will submit. Is this the "Sky Brand Values" at work.
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : That appears to be an issue on which we differ. I deem it crucial that we think about what we write; you deem it unacceptable.
    Posted by MereNovice
    i totally get what ur saying,but,no one has to read anything that is posted,the same way no one has to take the family out for lunch in a pub on a saturday afternoon.what offends or provokes me may not offend or provoke you.i think it is where you draw the line that matters.
  • Options
    philmenowphilmenow Member Posts: 617
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : Surely if sky were to stick to "sky brand values" then some obscenities which are not allowed in the forum should also apply to its TV Programs and these would also have to be censored? We are not allowed to say H e l l  in the forum but sky are allowed to air much worse swear words in its programs, how can this be the same values? I think some words could be used to directly insult and abuse people and this is just not acceptable, but come on guys get with it. Thats why tv programs have warnings "this program may contain strong language which some viewers may find offensive" Put a warning on the top of the page, its for over 18s, we all have a choice right? Ps. "This Post May Contain Strong Language" but all insults have been edited by the mods. Pps. How come sky members such as Tikay & Mr Orford can submit a post with a word such as "****" in it, but when other forum members reply to their post or submit their own post with this kind of word in it, we have to edit it out before it will submit. Is this the "Sky Brand Values" at work.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    SKYs line has been drawn,but is a little wobbly
  • Options
    oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,772
    edited January 2010
    YEH !!---BRING BACK H ELL !!
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited January 2010
    YEH !!---BRING BACK H ELL !!
    Posted by oynutter
    Good game last night by the way Nutter, your one H ell of a player.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    THANKS TREV!--I love that deepie--always a great game--well played to you too, was hard luck running into A-K at that stage, carlybun is really coming up fast too! I was impressed with her/his game (not sure), I did play them aces good though, for a change--lol--- well done on a nice cash mate
  • Options
    BADBOY985BADBOY985 Member Posts: 1,957
    edited January 2010
    THIS THREAD IS RUBBISH YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN TO PUT IN A POLL SO WE CAN VOTE!

ALTHOUGH IF THE SNOW COMES BACK SKY RICH COULD PUT IT UP AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO GOALS GOALS GOALS.

SERIOUSLY M8 MISSED WHAT YOU GO BANNED FOR BUT WELCOME BACK, I ALWAYS FIND YOUR OPINIONS INTERESTING EVEN THOUGH THEY CAN BE A LITTLE LEFT FIELD.

BUT IMO THATS WHAT THE FORUMS ABOUT.

ps sky rich if you do run the comp can i have 6 minutes and 12 seconds or possibly some cash or tourny entry
    you know like that fruitloop who thought of the 1 chip tourniment
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    THIS THREAD IS RUBBISH YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN TO PUT IN A POLL SO WE CAN VOTE! ALTHOUGH IF THE SNOW COMES BACK SKY RICH COULD PUT IT UP AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO GOALS GOALS GOALS. SERIOUSLY M8 MISSED WHAT YOU GO BANNED FOR BUT WELCOME BACK, I ALWAYS FIND YOUR OPINIONS INTERESTING EVEN THOUGH THEY CAN BE A LITTLE LEFT FIELD. BUT IMO THATS WHAT THE FORUMS ABOUT. ps sky rich if you do run the comp can i have 6 minutes and 12 seconds or possibly some cash or tourny entry you know like that fruitloop who thought of the 1 chip tourniment
    Posted by BADBOY985
    OYYY!!!!---That "friutloop" won 50 floppin quid mate!!---ner ner na ner ner!!!!!!!---lololololol-----now go to area 51 and vote to get rid of it---lol
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited January 2010
    In Response to yes i am back, but for how long?:
    hey guys thats right i am back finally after my 2 weeks sabbatical lol, and seen a few nice posts wishing me good luck and wanting me back then seen a few from others that want me gone!! well they may get their wish very shortly, i love the forum here at sky poker but i'm not gonna change who i am so that i dont get told off by sky_rich. i'm not an hard person to get along with, infact i get along with all walks of life but just seems on here some people struggle to take a joke and read way too much into peoples post than they really need to, i dont intend to offend anyone, most of my posts are made tongue in cheek, maybe some smilies would make it more easier on here? anyhow the point i am trying to make is i wont be treated like a kid or singled out just so i can survive here on sky poker, i will continue to be myself and hopefully have a great time and from time to time have a argument with people but thats not a bad thing, it keeps things fresh and real, people should be allowed to voice their opinions! i have been warned that my next ban will be permanent so future not looking good for me on here but lets be honest the whole forum at some time or another is gonna be banned, rules are too strict for my liking and dont like seeing my friends on here treated like kids, lets try treat each other as we expect to be treated..............ADULTS!!!
    Posted by webby234
    welcome back m8y,

nice to have a outspoken poster back,

yep i agree with you on rules been to tight on forum,

i find over the last few weeks they are enforcing the rules more,

in my opinion,

while it keeps it cleaner,

it hampers the fun banter on here,

i noted a few post of late from one of the suits ,

moaning about the mannerism  of some posters,

i recall in one,

he told the mods this should not be tolerated,

so i think our great m8y skyrich is under pressure from his paymasters,

to clean this forum  up a bit ,

put like this post i have wrote,

we still have freedom of speech,

a bit lol.

over and out roboover

• Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    To be fair to the mods, I noticed that the tightening up and arbitrary enforcement of the rules was happening over the Christmas/New Year period.

Maybe they had the Work Experience kids doing the moderating? ;o)

• Options
    edited January 2010
    Watch it rover!--freedom comes at a price--- 56p I'm led to understand
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited January 2010
    Having been away from the forum since pre-christmas it was absolutley no surprise at all when I saw who had posted this thread title.

Can't stop bleeting on about himself.
  • Options
    xFALLENxxFALLENx Member Posts: 826
    edited January 2010
    Having been away from the forum since pre-christmas it was absolutley no surprise at all when I saw who had posted this thread title. Can't stop bleeting on about himself.
    Posted by daveydavey
    TY havent had a laugh like that 4 ages :)
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    In Response to yes i am back, but for how long? : welcome back m8y, nice to have a outspoken poster back, yep i agree with you on rules been to tight on forum, i find over the last few weeks they are enforcing the rules more, in my opinion, while it keeps it cleaner, it hampers the fun banter on here, i noted a few post of late from one of the suits , moaning about the mannerism  of some posters, i recall in one, he told the mods this should not be tolerated, so i think our great m8y skyrich is under pressure from his paymasters, to clean this forum  up a bit , put like this post i have wrote, we still have freedom of speech,   a bit lol. over and out roboover
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Ay up RoboRover v1.4

Not having a go just messin' with ya, but all your posts end up formatted like you're writing song lyrics or a poem! ;-) lol

• Options
    Grimstar30Grimstar30 Member Posts: 1,400
    edited January 2010
    Welcome back Webster
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,171
    edited January 2010
    Welcome back Webster
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Welcome back Kevin
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited January 2010
    who gives a h ell,all you have to do is put space in the middle of the words anyway.Personally i think a site that is for 18+,should have a forum where you are able to speak your mind.I think if this was the case swear words would be few and far between anyway.I just dont understand why an adult site cant allow words like h ell.
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2010
    Having been away from the forum since pre-christmas it was absolutley no surprise at all when I saw who had posted this thread title.Can't stop bleeting on about himself.
    Posted by daveydavey
    that will be the person who started the thread i'm guessing?
  • Options
    daveydaveydaveydavey Member Posts: 217
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: yes i am back, but for how long? : that will be the person who started the thread i'm guessing?
    Posted by webby234
    That doesn't work given you can see the thread title on the community page before seeing the posters name in the forum.

If my sentence didn't make sense then having a pop at it would be fair game, as it is...
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited January 2010
    you can see both davey, its right next to the title of the thread ;-)