You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Leaving Poker

Comments

• Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited January 2010
    yo spike my m8s mum seems to be similiar to yours... he wins at poker but she disapproves because she thinks its just luck and he will end up losing it all. People that dont play poker dont understand how much skill it is and that it is not just gambling... maybe try explaining it to her? For example why do the same players always win etc... good luck with it dude.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    whats that then?
  • Options
    NeildownNeildown Member Posts: 1,635
    edited January 2010
    Guess
  • Options
    Spike2120Spike2120 Member Posts: 112
    edited January 2010
    Alright guys calm down lol and will see some of you probably in the 1000 gtd velocity just came third in the satellite tournament went out with AK suited lol just typical but oh well thats poker lol.

Might see some of you later
  • Options
    leapylee57leapylee57 Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2010
    IGet back in and just play Richard Orford heads up you will soon be back!!!n Response to Leaving Poker:
    I am sorry to tell everyone who has got to know me and have helped me improve my game that I am leaving poker. I have total support from some and just moans off others its just the moans are off my mum cause I am having a bad week, which I know is just part of poker, I felt I weren't playing wrong or badly but, from someone who doesnt know how to play is telling me its only my fault i am losing so frankly i dont have much choice but to leave. I have enjoyed every moment playing poker and playing on sky and I am going to miss the experience the fun and the people I just wish everyone the best for the future. Spike2120
    Posted by Spike2120
  • Options
    dav1964dav1964 Member Posts: 2,526
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Leaving Poker:
    In Response to Leaving Poker : Later's mummy's boy.......
    Posted by mrsmarley
    Thought you might have better things to do than post your nonsense on this thread.You know like keep posting your waffle in AREA 51
  • Options
    scotty77scotty77 Member Posts: 4,970
    edited January 2010
    lol if anyone has a problem with a post i make then just tell me, rather than using terms like 'one exception'.

but yeah srs advice about the poker spike...don't play satellites, don't play MTTs.  if you wanna build a roll, which is crucial to poker as once you hvae a roll then losing a BI doesn't matter, then stick to Double your Money SnGs or cash games.
  • Options
    Dudeskin8Dudeskin8 Member Posts: 6,228
    edited January 2010
    If you want to build a roll avoid DYM like the plague, just get on a 2/4p cash table and play tight, raise big hands etc and you'll be good.
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited January 2010
    lol if anyone has a problem with a post i make then just tell me, rather than using terms like 'one exception'. but yeah srs advice about the poker spike...don't play satellites, don't play MTTs.  if you wanna build a roll, which is crucial to poker as once you hvae a roll then losing a BI doesn't matter, then stick to Double your Money SnGs or cash games.
    Posted by scotty77
    It wasn't your post Scotty.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    yeah it wasnt yours scotty I aint mentioning names and this is an exception MTT other than perhaps a bounty hunter and my bankroll isnt that low tbf its just taken a little knock due to 'speculative' calls which normally u want but it seems every one of them lately against me hit on the river lol but nevermind it will play out in the end just gotta play this spell out, away from cash as its what costs the most when your on a bad run lol.

As for this MTT its just my little release from cash for a night and a cheap little game as it was only a pound lol just so I can have a relaxation tonight before thinking about raising my bankroll a bit more perhaps tomorrow perhaps not even til sunday or monday.

Oh as for your post again it made me laugh lol it was a lighter touch on a what can was a more darker discussion lol
  • Options
    tikay1tikay1 Member Posts: 741
    edited January 2010
    lol if anyone has a problem with a post i make then just tell me, rather than using terms like 'one exception'. but yeah srs advice about the poker spike...don't play satellites, don't play MTTs.  if you wanna build a roll, which is crucial to poker as once you hvae a roll then losing a BI doesn't matter, then stick to Double your Money SnGs or cash games.
    Posted by scotty77
    In your case Ryan, don't worry, I will, you know that!

To clarify - it was not yours.
  • Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited January 2010
    Posted by scotty77

I  love  your  posts  'scotty'  ..  however  I havent a clue what this thread is all about ... and after 3  large malt whisky's  I dont care  either !!  :))    Top Man scotty  luvvvvvv ya  man  
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Don't worry benny it turned into a nothing post in the end lol as it was me leaving but ended up staying lol so no worries lol one of them things where heat of moment said to do one thing then after discussion and deliberation and clear thinking another option approached itself lol.

And after that much whiskey I doubt many of us would care lol although I am a proven lightweight these days, practically stopped drinking like 8/9 months ago and now I can't handle it at all, never been a real drinker anyways lol.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Guess
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    dude whats your problem? i posted 'lol who listens to their mum' as a joke and i get insulted by some random guy ive never played and then you start... ?!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Leaving Poker : dude whats your problem? i posted 'lol who listens to their mum' as a joke and i get insulted by some random guy ive never played and then you start... ?!
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Thats hardly starting "dude"
    I highlighted your post that i thought was harsh on your part imo
    Is there anyone in the forum that you don't want to have an argument with? (apart from Deadluck)

• Options
    bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited January 2010
    Don't worry benny it turned into a nothing post in the end lol as it was me leaving but ended up staying lol so no worries lol one of them things where heat of moment said to do one thing then after discussion and deliberation and clear thinking another option approached itself lol. And after that much whiskey I doubt many of us would care lol although I am a proven lightweight these days, practically stopped drinking like 8/9 months ago and now I can't handle it at all, never been a real drinker anyways lol.
    Posted by Spike2120

Top Man spike ....   well all have our  down  moments at  this game .. when I get  bad - beats  or walk into AA  .. I just say   nh wp  gg  glk al  and pour another drink  .. it numbs the pain   ..  then there's no need to abuse anyone  .. you can just go peacefully off to bed  knowing  in  my dreams the wsop will be there with all the TV and microphone stuck in my face and some
      lady in suspenders will be beckoning me .....then  I'll wake up  and go .. uggghhhhhhhh   :))  glk m8 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    your another 1 then that just gets involved... this is like a never ending cycle... i post... i get insulted... i retaliate... people like you get involved for no reason. Ive found its the good players that support me and i end up arguing with the rest... hmm!
    so whats your problem with me eh? come on just tell me straight. you not see what that muppet charly sumin wrote on the 1st page of this thread??
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    your another 1 then that just gets involved... this is like a never ending cycle... i post... i get insulted... i retaliate... people like you get involved for no reason. Ive found its the good players that support me and i end up arguing with the rest... hmm! so whats your problem with me eh? come on just tell me straight. you not see what that muppet charly sumin wrote on the 1st page of this thread??
    Posted by BlackFish3
    lol

This is a very good point and as a result i shall support you fully in the future and one day hope to be a good player
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Actually with my one exception it was not pointing at you blackfish, like I said I still aint naming names lol but it is obvious just read through and I will give you all a clue, which perhaps aint too nice but its still not name calling

its in big writing and only about 6 words long ends with ........ if i remember rightly lol but didn't take much notice lol as for yours though blackfish I don't know why everyone is pointing yours out it was just a saying not so much an insulting post and as it turned out was only sarcasm, which I must say I didn't notice first time round but I didn't see it as insulting or the 'one exception' at all.

anyways been nice to catch up on the forums today might still be on for a little bit yet anyone wants to chat well I will keep checking this or just pm me lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    spike you seem like a really nice guy... sorry to get involved in an argument on your thread... just dont understand why someone randomly insults me lol. I think you should try and explain to your mum how much skill is involved but also just play tiny stakes and say to her if you are losing its just paying for entertainment.
    all the best buddy x