You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

News from FlyingDagg

FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
edited July 2015 in The Rail
As some of you know I have been rather ill lately. The cause turned out to be jaundice and I have been released from hospital today after 3 weeks. I feel a lot better but I'm very tired and get out of breath very easily. The jaundice has cleared up almost but the reason for the jaundice is a lot more serious. After various minor ops and scans I have been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas. The cancer has already spread to my liver and I'm afraid is terminal. If I can build my strength up after the jaundice there may be a chance I would be strong enough for chemo but I'm afraid this is the only option open to me now. If I can have the chemo the best I can hope for is that it gives me more time.

I don't really know what else to say apart from thank you for the good wishes I've already received and my poker career isn't quite over yet.

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,744
    edited May 2015
    Dale, I am so very sorry to hear this, it is very upsetting when a really nice chap like you has this news. I really hope you can be strong and get all the help, medical and otherwise to get as well as possible.

When I first came onto this site, you were the very first person to listen to me and reply in the chat box, when I was down you helped me see sense and not wallow in my sometimes fragile mental downers , I have a lot to thank you for and only wish I could be of any help to you.

I hope you have a good support system around you, as you know my family have helped me enormously and I couldn't do it without them, you have a lot of friends on here and I am sure there will be lots of messages of support.

Please message me if there is anything I can do.
    Best regards. 
    Tom.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,080
    edited May 2015
    Hi Dale
    Just like to echo what Tom has said and send you my best wishes.
    Take care mate
    Mick
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,168
    edited May 2015
    In Response to News from FlyingDagg:
    As some of you know I have been rather ill lately. The cause turned out to be jaundice and I have been released from hospital today after 3 weeks. I feel a lot better but I'm very tired and get out of breath very easily. The jaundice has cleared up almost but the reason for the jaundice is a lot more serious. After various minor ops and scans I have been diagnosed with cancer of the pancreas. The cancer has already spread to my liver and I'm afraid is terminal. If I can build my strength up after the jaundice there may be a chance I would be strong enough for chemo but I'm afraid this is the only option open to me now. If I can have the chemo the best I can hope for is that it gives me more time .   I don't really know what else to say apart from thank you for the good wishes I've already received and my poker career isn't quite over yet.
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    Dale,
    I am never sure what to say in these situations, but I would like you to know that I am thinking of you.
    When I first started showing an interest in the community here you and Trev welcomed me into TPT and I had a great time.
    You have always been a great contributor and member of not only TPT but the wider Sky community. 
    It was really nice to meet you in Newcastle and I really hope things go as well as they can.

Neil
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,213
    edited May 2015
    So sorry to hear this sad news Dale, my thoughts are with you at this terribly difficult time.

I very much hope you respond positively to the chemo. My uncle found MacMillan to be a great help whilst undergoing treatment.

Best wishes James
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,486
    edited May 2015
    I'm so sorry to hear this Dale. My thoughts are with you.
  • Options
    TASHALTASHAL Member Posts: 213
    edited May 2015
    I'm so sorry to hear this Dagg. Not so good with words in these situations but want to let you know that my thoughts are with you xx
  • Options
    jjjachjjjach Member Posts: 3,393
    edited May 2015
    Hi Dale my thoughts are with you mate.Martin.
  • Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited May 2015

Really sorry to hear this news m8, honestly thought you were gonna be diagnosed with something trivial, like Hepaititis C,

I am sure you can build yourself up to be fit enough to have some treatment (plenty of pies).

All the best m8.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,222
    edited May 2015
    So sorry to hear this very sad news Dale. I know you will fight this for as long as you are able. 
    It is only because of your's, Trev's and jj's kindness that I became part of the TPT team, which has been such a great help to me, and anything any of us can do, please don't hesitate to ask. I agree with James that the Macmillan Trust is an incredible organisation that it is well worth using to help you as much as possible through your difficult times.

I look forward to seeing you again soon, when you feel up to having a joust at the tables, and may all your ACES be WINNING ones.

BEST WISHES 

JEZ    (MISTY4ME)
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,701
    edited May 2015
    ffs,hey man im so so sorry,im sitting thinking what to say 10 minutes now,hard.
    saw tashes thread 1st then saw this.
    Dale,words cannot describe how i feel now so god knows how you feel
    take care brother

• Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited May 2015
    +1 to misty, james and everyone else's posts so far. Thanks you for helping me and welcoming me into Tpt. Sending you all the strength you need to get through this. Thinking not only of you but of your family too. You sir are a true gent. Always in my thoughts. Not often am I stuck for words........but this is one of them. Lol Get as much rest as you can and build that strength up. Never give up, never surrender! Will always be there for you and everyone else too. Anything you need just shout.

Donna x 
  • Options
    mrsduckmrsduck Member Posts: 1,901
    edited May 2015
    Really sad to hear this Dale, I'm sending you all my thoughts and best wishes xx
  • Options
    POKERTREVPOKERTREV Member Posts: 9,607
    edited May 2015
    Hi Dale.
    I know we have been in touch, but its nice to finally see you are back home from the hospital.

This will be terrible news ,not just for you, but, for all your Family & Friends, but get yourself strong m8 & fight this for as long as you can.

I am sure many in the community will send you their best wishes, you are an asset to the Team & a fantastic community member.

My Best Wishes
    Trev
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    edited May 2015
    Hi Dale

Another one here who is glad you're out of the hospital (even if the nurses were very pretty!).

I for once have absolutely no words - just that you are in my thoughts and I really hope you will find some strength to fight this.  Please take all help that is offered to you - from whoever and wherever.  Another vote here for the McMillan nurses - they help with practical things too not just nursing care.

Take care and when you're up to it we'll have a catch up xxx
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,043
    edited May 2015
    This is shocking news Dale. I'm not really good at knowing what to say in situations like this. Just as long as you know that we are all thinking of you mate.

Really hoping the chemo goes well Dale.
  • Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited May 2015
    vul Dale

just two things come into mind

1. as my dad used to tell me life isn't fair
    2. in poker we're used to getting dealt a bad hand and only having a couple of outs on the river. and what do we need in those situations - yep "just one time"
    so here's to your one time Dale 

gl gl gl

• Options
    GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,202
    edited May 2015
    PS I'm looking forward to a future post in the BBV section. While you've got chips you can never give up. 
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited May 2015
    Really sorry to hear this man.

One step at a time, get yourself strong for the chemo.

Bests wishes to you man.
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850
    edited May 2015
    Very sad to hear this Dale, hope you regain your strength and respond to the treatment.

Best Wishes m8.

• Options
    dumb_blonddumb_blond Member Posts: 308
    edited May 2015
    very sorry to hear of your sad news dale one of the forums gents always willing to offer advise to improve other peoples games .