You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

News from FlyingDagg

Comments

• Options
    FLASHJONNYFLASHJONNY Member Posts: 2,537
    edited May 2015
    best wishes dale so glad your home will speak soon all the best johnny
  • Options
    Chris_McChris_Mc Member Posts: 1,340
    edited May 2015
    Cant think of much to say here, such sad news,

everyone is here for you dale, you are a massive part of the forum and welcomed me almost instantly when i started posting and welcomed me imidiatley too tpt and the facebook groups.

i hope u stay strong and pray that the medications and treatment works as much as possible.

ill defo be playing for team dagg on monday, 

best wishes.  gl.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,472
    edited May 2015

As so many others, said, I don't know what to say.

Fight on though, sometimes these things turn out better than we dare hope.  
  • Options
    paige55paige55 Member Posts: 2,953
    edited May 2015
    dale i wish you all the best,i will be thinking about you and and everyone who is fighting cancer,may the poker gods be with you love paige xxxx i have whinged on to pokertrev about the noise at the back of my house for the past year, your post has made me realise there is more important things in life
  • Options
    67Bhoys67Bhoys Member Posts: 2,553
    edited May 2015
     Hi Dale, sorry to hear this mate.  I pray that your treatment works out better than you hope.  I wish you loads of run good.

Craig
  • Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited May 2015
    I'm lost for words by the response from all of you. It means so much to me that it can only inspire me to get as well as possible and have that chemo. I'm definately not giving up yet.
  • Options
    TENTENTENTENTENTEN Member Posts: 481
    edited May 2015
    none of us ever thought you would dale best wishes & good thoughts from all
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    edited May 2015
    So sorry to hear this news - via the Tash post in Poker Chat.

Very best of wishes for your fight ahead.

As well as the chemo are there any drugs available that help with your particular cancer? A friend of our family fought to get some drugs that were initially deemed too expensive by the authorities but they bought her a lot of precious time.

Flying the flag for Team Dagg!

• Options
    samantha25samantha25 Member Posts: 1,445
    edited May 2015
    Blackpool/Newcastle... all good memories.

Hoping VERY much you make it to MK my lovely, would be ace to steal all yr chips as per ;)

Seriously tho, wishing you all the best and a million plus 1's to what everyone is saying... lot's of love xxxxx
  • Options
    SlipwaterSlipwater Member Posts: 3,587
    edited May 2015
    The greatest of respect to you for posting this, sir - it would have been very simple to walk away from the forum and sit in a corner for a while.

You're right - you're not giving up, because nobody that loves you and cares about you is going to let you do that, and you've also got an army of supporters here who are throwing positive thoughts in your direction. You take it one day at a time and you take every ounce of strength you have and take the course of chemo. Doctors are wrong every single day, so you just do everything you can, as I know you will, and you just never know your luck on the river.

Good luck, Dale. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Brian.
  • Options
    bignoise10bignoise10 Member Posts: 567
    edited June 2015
    Cant really add to all thats been said man.Youre never alone with this forum.
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    edited June 2015
    Thoughts are with you Dale.  I fancy myself as a pretty handy punter and I'm backing you to beat this!
  • Options
    edited June 2015

How are you coping now, Dale?

Honestly, I've no idea how I would cope in your spot.

Not sure how I'd cope with people moaning & groaning about poker matters, that's for sure. 

Bear up mate, you can beat this.  

• Options
    FlyingDaggFlyingDagg Member Posts: 4,146
    edited June 2015
    I thought it was about time I updated you all on my progress.

I came out of hospital on Friday and on Friday night i had my first serious bout of pain from the tumour. By the time the Locum doctor arrived the pain had eased. Luckily I've been pain free since then.
    Sunday sees the start of 2 days of nausea and vomiting so another Doctor was called out. He gave me a prescription for an anti vomiting drug and it seems to have done the trick. Duncan Howarth (benalman) was visiting me at the time and the Doc asked if he was my son. God I must have aged badly! Feel pretty good today so I hope it continues although my energy levels are non existent.

Credit to my daughter and her partner nothing has been too much trouble for them and I know I would never manage without them.

Just to add well done to Tomgoodun in taking down DTD. A fitting result under the circumstances.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,744
    edited June 2015
    Sorry to hear you are not feeling to well at present Dale, hope things improve gradually and you get all the medication you need.Have you got any dates for your chemo yet? Don't worry if you would rather not post on here, I think folk would like to keep in touch with your progress, I know it has helped me to put things on my story thread, folk are different though and I would respect your decision either way.
    Thanks for the mention re Dtd, I am running quite well on the felt lately,don't mention my name to FlashJonny though, I just luck boxed and knocked him out the £3 b/h this aft( I fin 2nd) 

I wish you all the best Dale, keep in touch. Take care, and it is so nice to hear your family is there for you.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Hi Daggy,

Hope you are bearing up.

Like everyone else, I don't really know what to say, but I do think it important that you know we are thinking of you, & you are in our minds.
  • Options
    MilitantGMilitantG Member Posts: 204
    edited June 2015
    Prayers are with you Dagg, stay strong!
  • Options
    Darkangel7Darkangel7 Member Posts: 2,585
    edited June 2015
    Dale, hope you are doing ok and you've got some strength, thinking of you always, and sending all the positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Does anyone have any news on how Dale is? I don't have Facebook, so I don't get to see what is posted there.

Thanks.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,080
    edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: News from FlyingDagg:
    Does anyone have any news on how Dale is? I don't have Facebook, so I don't get to see what is posted there. Thanks.
    Posted by Tikay10
    He popped on a PLO8 table last night to rail a friend.
    Been sick a lot due to medication, but now on different sickness pills and was chatting well.