You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

whats going on with the 7 30 deepie

sim75sim75 Member Posts: 282
edited February 2010 in Poker Chat
has anybody else noticed that they have dropped two things to do with this deepie the guaranteed places and dropped it from £300 for £ 22 now its £200 for £22 whats going on is this a error or have i missed a anoucement its losing its appeal just like the 7 pms

Comments

• Options
    mabsuemabsue Member Posts: 382
    edited January 2010
    I think that there has been a big increase in players playing this game that realise that deepstck poker bores the life out of them i have found that people had started to play this like the open it ruined it for me hence my absence
  • Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    **Sigh** from 500 to 300 to 200... I think dropping it to 200 is silly. I heard the other night it only had 7 players, I imagine they have seen this and changed it, but what about when it was getting 30+ regually? Why not boost the GTD and make it go from strength to strength... come on lets get behind this tourney and try get sky to boost it back up to the 500 it used to be. If it doesn't get moved from 200 it will just die, simple

Also need help from Sky on this. if the numbers increase please slowly move the GTD up, it will encourage more players to play rather than doing the opposite and kicking a tourney while its down
  • Options
    ybyb Member Posts: 1,471
    edited January 2010
    You can't really expect sky to do much else though if they are constantly losing money on it due to lack of interest. I think sky will have to change the structure if they want to make it more popular because as it is it takes too long to complete, and the amount of money you win isn't really worth the time imo. I love the structures of some of the other tournies on here such as primo and the double stacks but the 7 30 deepstack I just find boring. I think if people want to keep it as it is the only option to guarantee a larger prize pool would be to increase the buy-in, maybe that will encourage a lot more of the bigger players on here to get involved.
  • Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited January 2010
    come on tk and rich play this game we need more players in this tourny as it is imo the best tourny on sky poker as its not a donk fest . come on tallboy phil flash , keep this game alive b4 it dies. thanks anj x
  • Options
    KnackersYaKnackersYa Member Posts: 468
    edited January 2010
    I'd love to play this but my bankroll doesn't stretch to it :o(

Maybe some sort of way to satellite would boost the entries?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,967
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whats going on with the 7 30 deepie:
    come on tk and rich play this game we need more players in this tourny as it is imo the best tourny on sky poker as its not a donk fest . come on tallboy phil flash , keep this game alive b4 it dies. thanks anj x
    Posted by anjie1970
    I'll try & give it a spin on Friday & Sunday, maybe Thursday, too, Anjie. Only because I care. Dear. ;)

I'm not fussed about the Guarantee, personally. Sky Poker have thrown enough money at this over the months, & they have to try & spread the "guarantee Fund" around fairly. I want this Comp to have 50, 60, 70+ runners, & I'd play it nightly then, but with 15 & 20 Runners, it's less attractive. Unlike Anjie, who is gorgeoussssssssssssssssssss

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    I played it the other day and there were only 7 players with 6 getting paid (no answers given on who came 7th lol).

Seriously though, it's a hard tourney and needs some players. I dont care about the guarantee - just the competition - and thats not gonna happen with such small numbers. I would love to play it and will register tomorrow night as I'm too late tonight.  

Let's all sign up and have a great game!
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited January 2010
    I played it the other day and there were only 7 players with 6 getting paid (no answers given on who came 7th lol). Seriously though, it's a hard tourney and needs some players. I dont care about the guarantee - just the competition - and thats not gonna happen with such small numbers. I would love to play it and will register tomorrow night as I'm too late tonight.   Let's all sign up and have a great game!
    Posted by phil12uk
    seen the same tonight but 8 players, 6 paid but you need 3rd to be in profit
  • Options
    Ads2kukAds2kuk Member Posts: 582
    edited January 2010
    I'll also join the fun people...

Missed it now but definately next week!
  • Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whats going on with the 7 30 deepie : I'll try & give it a spin on Friday & Sunday, maybe Thursday, too, Anjie. Only because I care. Dear. ;) I'm not fussed about the Guarantee, personally. Sky Poker have thrown enough money at this over the months, & they have to try & spread the "guarantee Fund" around fairly. I want this Comp to have 50, 60, 70+ runners, & I'd play it nightly then, but with 15 & 20 Runners, it's less attractive. Unlike Anjie, who is gorgeoussssssssssssssssssss  
    Posted by Tikay10
    i  love you to dear  and thamks for playing its not the same when your not there, your dearest anjie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    DELTADELTA Member Posts: 639
    edited January 2010
    ok i will play 2moz so lets see how many we can get in from now b4 it gets in the lobby. come on ppl names in now .del
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whats going on with the 7 30 deepie : seen the same tonight but 8 players, 6 paid but you need 3rd to be in profit
    Posted by loonytoons
    Yeh 7 tonight, had to get top 4 for profit... I managed to win and got less than 3x my buyin back..??? ... As its the regular ds players on this thread do you think we should ask for the top 6 paid to be scrapped for now? Not sure if the top 6 is an attraction or a repellant... If you agree ill start a poll get more feedback on it.
  • Options
    hurst05hurst05 Member Posts: 1,567
    edited January 2010
    there was 1 registered til the last minute last night i think, then another 11 joined within a minute, me included, with 12 players the guarantee was met and the game still took around 3 and a half hours
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Walk don't talk.

I've entered it for tonight.

Have you?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whats going on with the 7 30 deepie : Yeh 7 tonight, had to get top 4 for profit... I managed to win and got less than 3x my buyin back..??? ... As its the regular ds players on this thread do you think we should ask for the top 6 paid to be scrapped for now? Not sure if the top 6 is an attraction or a repellant... If you agree ill start a poll get more feedback on it.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    No, not another Poll, please! What will that achieve?

Attack the root of the problem - lack of runners. That solves the Payout structure problem!

It's better to attack the cause of the problem, not the symptoms.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010
    Tonights bounty hunter night in the main event right? - Probably the least attractive main event format for the 'better players' which this event is said to attract...So maybe theyll focus on this one instead?

And with TP over for this week, Dan/Penguin etc who had started playing it recently might be back. 

With Tk playing it too, theres a good chance of a big field, right?

Will play this myself if that's the case, started enjoying tournys more lately rather than hating em! (bounty hunter is still the exception !) - One end of the spectrum to the other!

DOHH

• Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,094
    edited January 2010
    IM IN FOR TONIGHT ! Lets get it going guys
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Only ONE Entry still - me.

You SCARED of me, or what? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Only ONE Entry still - me. You SCARED of me, or what? ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Whats your name? BigBluster? ;)

In now.. lets try get BIG numbers tonight!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tonights bounty hunter night in the main event right? - Probably the least attractive main event format for the 'better players' which this event is said to attract...So maybe theyll focus on this one instead? And with TP over for this week, Dan/Penguin etc who had started playing it recently might be back.  With Tk playing it too, theres a good chance of a big field, right? Will play this myself if that's the case, started enjoying tournys more lately rather than hating em! (bounty hunter is still the exception !) - One end of the spectrum to the other! DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Another great Post by Dear Doh.

You are starting to worry me. You after my job, or what?