You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

whats going on with the 7 30 deepie

Comments

• Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited January 2010
    6 minutes 2 go want another 10
  • Options
    SolarCarroSolarCarro Member Posts: 2,273
    edited January 2010
    I would love to play but my bankroll doesn't quite support it, I love the deepstack format and I like to play the better players on Sky as you can play your game without too much worry any outdraws are genuine plays!

I will try and support this soon, possibly next week when I have recovered properly from last weekend, brain still hurts!

Dave
  • Options
    SoLackSoLack Member Posts: 2,736
    edited January 2010
    I have posted about the prize structure in a post on the tournement thread.  I am usually in.
  • Options
    anjie1970anjie1970 Member Posts: 410
    edited January 2010
    well done guys lot better than lastnites 7 thank you anjie
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,286
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whats going on with the 7 30 deepie:
    well done guys lot better than lastnites 7 thank you anjie
    Posted by anjie1970
    Our pleasure, Dear.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Well we got 20 runners, & WHAT a Comp we had.

There was no value, it must be had - everyone could play - but it was a right ding-dong, with Doh being ultra tight & ultra laggy in turn.

I was a bit wary of him - he had position on me all night - so only played KK & up against him.

I exited 7th when I made what I felt was a Raise with K-J he could not Call, but he snapped me with A-8, & he was spot on.

He ended up Heads-Up with Solack, who won it for what must be the 30th time.

Great fun.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Really enjoyed it, and yes I did say that when I was the shortstack on the bubble.

A few hands that really stood out through the night, But I know the crack with them, couple of races, one read I was extremely proud of, although the result didnt go my way It was the right play....

Heads Up I got hammered by Solack, good cards, good, play, abit of both, Ill never know.

But going deep in a tourny the "wrong way round" for me is a learning curve, normally Im up chip daddy all the way then fall down, the cards hurt me this time and had to do it the other way round. Disappointed to not make more of a fight of it HU, but it is by FAR the weakest part of my game, and the guy I played against was relentless!

GG guys, DOHH

• Options
    phil12ukphil12uk Member Posts: 2,856
    edited January 2010
    Id like to ALSO congratulate penguin and charlie for being other TPers who made the final table in this great tourney.

Final payout looked like this :

SoLack1000001£120 + 30 League PointsDOHHHHHHH02£90 + 26 League Pointspenguin703£70 + 18 League Pointsanjie197004£50 + 12 League PointsFlashFlush05£40 + 6 League Pointsphil12uk06£30tikay107

• Options
    FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited January 2010
    Cheers phil, well played by yourself and everyone, 20 runner tourney and from 5 TP's that entered 4 made the final table... not a bad record
  • Options
    spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2010
    Really enjoyed this game tonight,couldnt win a race but i was behind each time so best hands stood up so thats fair enough, felt a bit 4 dollie though, i think he had decent pocket pairs each time he shoved but the raiser or caller had a better pocket pair, a prayer to the poker gods may be required.Good luck to all those in TP will watch with interest. Gl at the tables.
  • Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited January 2010

Madmoo, top set aces, in2 2nd nut flush! Ugh!
  • Options
    MADMOOMADMOO Member Posts: 1,687
    edited January 2010
    Madmoo, top set aces, in2 2nd nut flush! Ugh!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Should of folded, just couldnt lol. Well done all who cashed, good comeback Dohh.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Id like to ALSO congratulate penguin and charlie for being other TPers who made the final table in this great tourney. Final payout looked like this : SoLack 100000 1 £120 + 30 League Points DOHHHHHHH 0 2 £90 + 26 League Points penguin7 0 3 £70 + 18 League Points anjie1970 0 4 £50 + 12 League Points FlashFlush 0 5 £40 + 6 League Points phil12uk 0 6 £30 tikay1 0 7
    Posted by phil12uk
    Groan, thanks for reminding me I Bubbled due to making a shocker of a play.

Actually, it was a good play I made, but the Call by Mr Doh was both spectacular, & correct.

It's not like I ever make moves, I don't, I'm Mr Rockity-Nit, but he got me bang to rights that time, & it was even more impressive because the reason I did it was that I knew he desperately wanted to win it, & any Call by him would be for his Tourney life. (We had near identical stacks). It was terrific meta-game stuff. Calling for your Tourney life is not easy. Kudos.
  • Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2010
    Id like to ALSO congratulate penguin and charlie for being other TPers who made the final table in this great tourney. Final payout looked like this : SoLack 100000 1 £120 + 30 League Points DOHHHHHHH 0 2 £90 + 26 League Points penguin7 0 3 £70 + 18 League Points anjie1970 0 4 £50 + 12 League Points FlashFlush 0 5 £40 + 6 League Points phil12uk 0 6 £30 tikay1 0 7
    Posted by phil12uk
    This tourny does attract players i enjoy battling against ! Yes its great to see the TPs up there, but I think its important to recognise SoLack as a worthy winner,his record in this type of event is immense, also Anjie who in my view is now also a top player. In fact I think that out of the field of 20 probably more than half had a good case for TP selection.
    So come on guys, this tourny is a great test , please do support it, we need fields of this size or bigger every night.
    Tony
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All the talk we do about how this is a great tourney and a great standard of play may be the reason why alot of players don't play in it. Would you want to pay £22 and be put on a table of really good players? Isn't the idea of poker to avoid the good players.

But for those who are thinking that, look at it from the other side, you pretty much knowwhat your getting, the players that play this game know what to call and what to fold, so the chances of you getting herendous bad beats are almost non existant. Its a great way to challenge your game vs some top players where there will be little variance. You start with 5,000 chips and after 1 hour the blinds are at 40/80 I think... Can you get any more play than that? Hands per hour/ chip - blind ratio, thats got to be better structure than the world series of poker main event surely..??

The chat is great as well, alot of banter come and give it a go, its not as boring as some of you think (ask DOHHH he thought it was a boring trny b4 he played it)... Lets try and beat 20 tonight... Lets face it if you went out on a Friday night your probably going to spend more than £22 in a night!!!

See you at 7.30
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All the talk we do about how this is a great tourney and a great standard of play may be the reason why alot of players don't play in it. Would you want to pay £22 and be put on a table of really good players? Isn't the idea of poker to avoid the good players. But for those who are thinking that, look at it from the other side, you pretty much knowwhat your getting, the players that play this game know what to call and what to fold, so the chances of you getting herendous bad beats are almost non existant. Its a great way to challenge your game vs some top players where there will be little variance. You start with 5,000 chips and after 1 hour the blinds are at 40/80 I think... Can you get any more play than that? Hands per hour/ chip - blind ratio, thats got to be better structure than the world series of poker main event surely..?? The chat is great as well, alot of banter come and give it a go, its not as boring as some of you think (ask DOHHH he thought it was a boring trny b4 he played it)... Lets try and beat 20 tonight... Lets face it if you went out on a Friday night your probably going to spend more than £22 in a night!!! See you at 7.30
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Enter it NOW then!

Entries so far - 2! (TommyD & an old geezer).
  • Options
    spitfire10spitfire10 Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2010
    I am not in tonight because I am out, but tomorrow i shall be in because I am not out see u then gl.
    Actually just remenbered I am out tomorrow as well, so I wont be in looks like Sunday when I will be in because I am not out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whats going on with the 7 30 deepie : Enter it NOW then! Entries so far - 2! (TommyD & an old geezer).
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sir yes Sir.

Now TommyD, some old geezer and some young wipper snapper
  • Options
    penguin7penguin7 Member Posts: 1,095
    edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: whats going on with the 7 30 deepie : Sir yes Sir. Now TommyD, some old geezer and some young wipper snapper
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I gotta go and collect my pension before I can afford to play.
  • Options
    TommyDTommyD Member Posts: 4,389
    edited January 2010
    Let's make this a big one tonight lads.  I don't want to be bluffed by just Tikay and Flash tonight, no, no, no, I want much more than Tikay screaming "Wiiiiiii" after pushing me off top pair with 32o and Flash re-bluffing me with 53o while probably fathering another child.

Come and make a mug of me.  :)