You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *OPT IN REQUIRED* >>> chiggypig wins week 17 <<<

Comments

• pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* New Format (7:15pm game weekly league) 9:15pm game moved to 8:30pm:
    Pommy, Sent you a PM. Neil
    Posted by HENDRIK62

Seen it Neil, no worries m8.
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* New Format (7:15pm game weekly league) 9:15pm game moved to 8:30pm:
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *Weekly prizes to be won* New Format (7:15pm game weekly league) 9:15pm game moved to 8:30pm :    Seen it Neil, no worries m8.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    I haven't made an error with something have I?

Feel free to inbox me if there is anything of concern with the league stuff :)
    edited June 2017
    We have a tie for 1st at the end of week 5 between drumbeat99 and Redmeat2, well played both!

I went to look back through the results to see who had collected the most cash in bounties to help decide the tie but the older lobby pages are blank.

From the ones I could see it looked like drumbeat99 would take a lot of catching. It is entirely possible his total was caught but I can only go with what I see and will therefore declare drumbeat99 the week 5 winner. This is provisional purely in the off chance someone can clarify who took the most cash in boutny prizes between both players over the course of week 5. If nobody can provide clarity in the next 48 hours then the result will have to stand.

Will need to come up with an alternate tie breaker method for future.

If drumbead99 can let me know which £33 they would like to play as their prize.

Weekly PLO8 BH League Standings

Week 5 – June 5th – 11th

Position

Player

drumbeat99

Redmeat2

Theodore47

STUPENDOUS

strube

HENDRIK62

ronny707

safc71

ASIF711

jascham

sidsquid

Essexphil

Catsnap

tiggertoo

pomfrittes

coo1-um

mathpath

bigbob57

oldgolf

birty964

markycash

willenhall

Spartan3

Bigfella22

Omen69

GREGGOR01

PlanB2Z

sjb10000

t5wwj

andrico

Redmeat2

alexis74

billyboots

chiggypig

DONN001

w4rlock

SkootaT

smartca627

Updated after game 7 from 11th June 2017

edited June 2017
    I am going to pause the league from tonight for 1 week for a couple of reasons...

Since Chris left we have had to make a few changes and I am not sure that the league stuff is overly supporting the games or engaging everyone at the moment. If players are not engaged with it then there is little point in Sky supporting it or me spending time doing it.

I do not have the experience Chris does with spreadsheets and such and only have so much time available.

With that said from Monday week (starting Monday 19th June) I would happy to track the number of bounties that every single player collects between BOTH £5.50 PLO8 BH games over the entire week and create a table for this. The weekly winner would obviously be the person amassing the most heads taken over the entire week. There are pros and cons to this but it is one of the few ways I could do this by myself. 

This would be rather time consuming but I would be happy to do it if people would be happy to see it. I couldn't work out who took the most between certain games etc, especially as all the old data disappears after a couple of days which creates a couple of issues.

Feedback welcome but what I can do due to spreadsheet skills and time available will be limited. If there is no appetite for it then we can call it a day, at least the games have established themselves quite well!
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated:
    I am going to pause the league from tonight for 1 week for a couple of reasons... Since Chris left we have had to make a few changes and I am not sure that the league stuff is overly supporting the games or engaging everyone at the moment. If players are not engaged with it then there is little point in Sky supporting it or me spending time doing it. I do not have the experience Chris does with spreadsheets and such and only have so much time available. With that said from Monday week (starting Monday 19th June) I would happy to track the number of bounties that every single player collects between BOTH £5.50 PLO8 BH games over the entire week and create a table for this. The weekly winner would obviously be the person amassing the most heads taken over the entire week. There are pros and cons to this but it is one of the few ways I could do this by myself.  This would be rather time consuming but I would be happy to do it if people would be happy to see it. I couldn't work out who took the most between certain games etc, especially as all the old data disappears after a couple of days which creates a couple of issues. Feedback welcome but what I can do due to spreadsheet skills and time available will be limited. If there is no appetite for it then we can call it a day, at least the games have established themselves quite well!
    Posted by markycash
    Marky can i just say your work is much appreciated and i for one always look out for the league updates even though you keep missing my name off it :-} 
    If you feel that the league needs a overhaul go for it any league is better than none and if it keeps players like me and others interested in playing the mtt then surely its working. 

edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated:
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : Marky can i just say your work is much appreciated and i for one always look out for the league updates even though you keep missing my name off it :-}  If you feel that the league needs a overhaul go for it any league is better than none and if it keeps players like me and others interested in playing the mtt then surely its working. 
    Posted by safc71
    Thanks safc, very much appreciated.

The proposed new system of calculating every single players total heads for the week between both games would definitely be more work for me. However it seemed from my perspective that this might be more popular than the current set-up and this method would make both games relevant to the league.

If players are happy with the current set-up and enough people are happy and following the current set-up then I will be happy to continue with the current method. If people prefer the proposed new method then we can go with that. If nobody is too fussed about having any of it then that is fine too. Whatever people want I will do my best to work it that way if it is within my spreadsheet capabilities and doable in the time I have available.

Basically I am content to do whatever people want, within reason, as long as it is engaging a certain amount of players so it means a lot that you took the time to reply here, so cheers for that!
    edited June 2017
    From my own point of view i like the current league system because on the whole i don't take many bounties, i think the players getting to cash on the final table should be rewarded. However i do get that it is a bounty hunter game and other players may feel that the most bounties should be rewarded. So as marky says opinions required please.
  • scouse_redscouse_red Member Posts: 5,968
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : Thanks safc, very much appreciated. The proposed new system of calculating every single players total heads for the week between both games would definitely be more work for me. However it seemed from my perspective that this might be more popular than the current set-up and this method would make both games relevant to the league. If players are happy with the current set-up and enough people are happy and following the current set-up then I will be happy to continue with the current method. If people prefer the proposed new method then we can go with that. If nobody is too fussed about having any of it then that is fine too. Whatever people want I will do my best to work it that way if it is within my spreadsheet capabilities and doable in the time I have available. Basically I am content to do whatever people want, within reason, as long as it is engaging a certain amount of players so it means a lot that you took the time to reply here, so cheers for that!
    Posted by markycash

Mark if you let me know via email what the final decision is re a scoring system I will build you a sheet and send it over with some details on it for you, 

edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : Mark if you let me know via email what the final decision is re a scoring system I will build you a sheet and send it over with some details on it for you,   
    Posted by scouse_red
    Many thanks Chris, appreciate that!

I have a couple of ideas which will assess interest in the league and overcome some of the hurdles faced.

I will hang off mentioning them until tomorrow to give others time to give some feedback if they wish.
    edited June 2017
    What was i saying about not getting many bounties 
    7:15 - 4th    
    8:30 - 2nd           
    total bounties =2
    note to self most try harder 
    edited June 2017

Mark, happy to go with whatever you decide. Both seem to be well supported at the moment and I personally do not mind which criteria you use for the league but would suggest you use the least time consuming method.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    edited June 2017
    From my own point of view i like the current league system because on the whole i don't take many bounties, i think the players getting to cash on the final table should be rewarded. However i do get that it is a bounty hunter game and other players may feel that the most bounties should be rewarded. So as marky says opinions required please.
    Posted by safc71

I agree with this, in an ideal World it would be based over both 7.15 and 8.30 games, and the last 3 places on FT would be 3, 2, 1.

Caveat being that I am not collating the results so will happily play along with whatever is deemed easiest and least time consuming for you
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : I agree with this, in an ideal World it would be based over both 7.15 and 8.30 games, and the last 3 places on FT would be 3, 2, 1. Caveat being that I am not collating the results so will happily play along with whatever is deemed easiest and least time consuming for you
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I had an idea of what I was going to suggest but I think your idea could work well Paul.

Top 3 in the 7:15pm and 8:30pm games get points, anyone disagree with this? Seems easy enough to work to me and it includes both games.

I was going to suggest that people have to 'opt in' after another suggestion you made Hendrik.

I like the idea of 'opting in' as there is no point in someone who is a forum reg being denied a prize due to a player who has no idea this even exists and probably will not claim the prize pipping them to 1st place.

Opting in would just be a case of posting to say you are 'in'. It would also give us a way to see how many people were engaging with the league.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : I had an idea of what I was going to suggest but I think your idea could work well Paul. Top 3 in the 7:15pm and 8:30pm games get points, anyone disagree with this? Seems easy enough to work to me and it includes both games. I was going to suggest that people have to 'opt in' after another suggestion you made Hendrik. I like the idea of 'opting in' as there is no point in someone who is a forum reg being denied a prize due to a player who has no idea this even exists and probably will not claim the prize pipping them to 1st place. Opting in would just be a case of posting to say you are 'in'. It would also give us a way to see how many people were engaging with the league.
    Posted by markycash
    Agree with all points you make here, one slight misunderstanding of my original post i think, below is what I meant

1st place = 10 point
    2nd place = 7 points
    3rd place = 5 points
    4th-6th place = 3 points ( this is the bit I would change to 4th = 3, 5th =2, 6th =1)
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *** A few changes *** Feedback appreciated : Agree with all points you make here, one slight misunderstanding of my original post i think, below is what I meant 1st place = 10 point 2nd place = 7 points 3rd place = 5 points 4th-6th place = 3 points ( this is the bit I would change to 4th = 3, 5th =2, 6th =1)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I see pros and cons about the last part but I am more than happy to go with that scoring system if there are no mass and major objections?
    edited June 2017

Agreed, especially the registering bit. As you say just needs a post on here stating "IN".  a la DTD and Orfy.
    edited June 2017
    Top 3 or 6  sounds good to me and the opt in is a great idea 
    edited June 2017
    Struggling for time recently but I will start the new league from Monday 19th June.

Prizes etc will remain the same (£33 MTT entry for the weekly winner).

The new league will include both the 7:15pm and 8:30pm games and players will gain points by making the FT in any of the tourneys. The player with the highest score over the week from the 14 games will be the winner. I will announce the points system and any finer details when I have time in the next few days.

The main reason I am posting this is that opting in will be a requirement. All you have to do is post "in" in this thread and you will be opted in for eternity or until you indicate you wish to opt out :)

For the first week of the new system players can opt in and all their points will be valid for that week. This is just to give people time to register and allow the league to start from Monday. You only ever need to opt in once but after week 1 any new player opting in will only be included in the league from the date they opted in (so points won't be backdated).

The main reason for the opt in requirement is so that people who follow the league and post on the forum etc are not denied prizes because someone who does not know about the league and has no intention of claiming their prize pips them to the post. The opt in also makes it easier to see how many people are engaging with the league.

On that note...
    edited June 2017
    ... In

P.S. I will put a list on the OP of everyone who has opted in. I will also update the OP with all the new details at the weekend.

Edit: I have updated the OP to reflect the new set-up.

I will re-read over it and make sure everything is accurate when I have time.
    edited June 2017

IN PLEASE