You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Weekly PLO8 Bounty Hunter League *OPT IN REQUIRED* >>> chiggypig wins week 17 <<<

1535455565759»

Comments

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,281
    Thanks ever so much for all your hard work, Marky
    GL in all you do
  • Options
    ajmiltonajmilton Member Posts: 1,458
    wp Marky lad,
    you have done a lot, to promote plo8 on Sky poker, after your return to the site. For that, I would like to thank you.
    You have a proper job now lad, so first thing in the morning, best consentrate on the day ahead, rather on the results of last nights bounty hunter's.

Good luck, with the job.
    Has the college, appointed an interpritor for you yet?

All the best
    regards Alan ( better plo8 player than you )
  • Options
    pomfrittespomfrittes Member Posts: 2,981
    Mark, I concur with all the above posts with regards the efforts you have put in to building such solid o8 player base on here.
    Thanks a lot m8.
    ps. Could the league still be kept alive if someone else such as Saf took over the updating duties.?
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Cheers folks, much appreciated!

@ajmilton lol, I have found that if I type everything I say and have it played through a Stephen Hawking type gadget then I get by okay :D

@pomfrittes That would be a question for @Tikay10 and Sky. @safc71 has certainly been a great help in the running of this.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,051

Morning all.

First up, I join with everyone else who have been gracious enough to thank Marky for his immense hard work on this. It's even more impressive & laudable that he continued with the daily updating & recording of results despite being unable to play due to his new job, so he was getting up & updating it at 0630 or 0700 every morning before toddling off to work at the University of Oslo where he lectures endlessly on brevity.

Top top bloke, & he'll be a star once he becomes articulate.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,051

Turning to the suggestion/question can someone else (safc71 for example) run it from here on in?

Yes, of course, & Sky Poker would continue to support it with some Freebies, as they always have.

However......there's always a "however", & it's rarely good news.

I'd need to review how the weekly prizes were awarded, & the value of them.

In 2018, except for 1 week where @pomfrittes won it - & one is bound to wonder "how did THAT happen?" - it's been won every single week by either @Catsnap or @safc71 .

Now that's amazing, well done to both of them, but it's not really doing it's job if the same 2 guys win it every week.

The prize has been a Free Entry worth £33 into the big Sunday Night PLO8 BH thing. Most weeks it barely covers, & that includes the player with the Free Entry, so I'd be very surprised indeed if it continued much longer.

So, yes, if someone wants to continue running it, that'd be great, & I'll arrange freebie(s) as appropriate.

However, the value of the prize might well have to be reduced.

Make me an offer, so to speak, but whilst Sky Poker never question the freebies I give away on their behalf, I'm obliged to try to spend their money wisely & sensibly, so I'd be looking to do something a bit different.

Hope that all makes sense. Any questions, fire away.

Ha en fin dag
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited February 2018
    Agree with a lot of what @Tikay10 has said on this matter .....

weekly league
    @markycash has done a great job running this league and was happy to help out while marky was in Vegas as i think we should always support players who are trying to run leagues for the benefit of others.I would love it if somebody else took over the league and would help out if i was needed (holiday cover)but to be honest i don't fancy running it on a daily basis.

@pomfrittes winning the league
    Yes your right Tikay how did that happen? you have to remember i had a slight advantage on some players and that was volume (and some luck). I played in all fifteen PL08 bounty weekly games which as some very good players pointed out there just could not do. I played in all of them because after a day at work there's no better way to chill out than a game of PL08 bounty. I could name many players that play every night on there chosen format of poker but since i gave up drinking (drunk poker is expensive) i found playing this league help me focus on my game and not the drink Cue my stats plummet again now its finished :/

Sunday night £33 PL08 BH
    Got to agree with Tikay this is just about finished on Sunday with about twenty minutes to go to end of late reg there was only seven players in it luckily we managed to get to thirteen. While players seem to be happy to play the £5 daily games it seems there are not prepared to make that jump up to £33 on a Sunday which is a shame as i won the last two :D. Then again if every body turned up i would not have won.

• Options
    You are all sorted for tonight @safc71 GL!
  • Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    Thanks marky
  • Options
    notbrook1notbrook1 Member Posts: 72
    No PLO8 b/h at 8.30pm tonight?
  • Options
    notbrook1 said:

No PLO8 b/h at 8.30pm tonight?

I don't think it had the required numbers at kick off time @notbrook1

If I remember correctly there need be at least 7 players registered by 8:30pm or it is cancelled for that night.