You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Straight from the toes - Quickfeet's blog

Comments

• GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,541
    10) Terrys Choc Orange
    @QUICKFEET could you confirm only no 7 to get? Great quiz....can you do one every sunday?
  • QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    10) Is Terry's Milk chocolate orange - hence the Friesian reference.

Re 7) Just think what is at the centre of the artic (it's not snow or ice or polar bears). What would you aim for to get to the centre? Although I believe is not quite in the centre cos the Earth rotates at an angle.

I will check my back catalogue of quizzes to see what is suitable
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    edited December 2020
    QUICKFEET said:

10) Is Terry's Milk chocolate orange - hence the Friesian reference.

Re 7) Just think what is at the centre of the artic (it's not snow or ice or polar bears). What would you aim for to get to the centre? Although I believe is not quite in the centre cos the Earth rotates at an angle.

Did you mean Arctic ?

I thought Artic as in articulated truck, hence trucker.
    7) polo mints
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,268
    7) Foxes Glacier mints.
    Polo mints is correct. With O as the vowel
    @mumsie I am the only petrolhead in my family (all the cousins I am close to are from mum's side of the family, whereas my dad was the car guy) so I was safe in assuming that they would think "Artic" was somewhere cold!

AKA ..what quiz can i select that poker players find easy...

Glenelg said:

AKA ..what quiz can i select that poker players find easy...

ha ha... no, quite a few of the quizzes had family "in" jokes or have a theme linked to the family that outsiders wouldn't get
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 158,810

@QUICKFEET

Very well done in last night's Rewards Freeroll.

bluefox57 1722000 1 £100
    QUICKFEET 0 2 £60
    SUSAND 0 3 £40
    heddoh18 0 4 £30
    GOODWAN 0 5 £30
    safc71 0 6 £30

Thanks @Tikay10 a nice run of premium hands in the closing stages got me to the final table
    Balance last week - £80.70
    Balance now – £141.25
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £60.55 profit

I got mentioned in despatches by @Tikay10 after I binked second place in Friday’s £1k Freeroll for £60. That was the only cash I had in the 4 nights I’d played it. I didn’t play on Tuesday because I streamed Chester’s match. It was a thrilling game in which they beat Hereford 5 – 3. Fans were allowed to attend for the first-time but it was a cold, wet evening so I took the warm option!

I have continued to accumulate 10 Poker Points (PP) per day (20 on Saturday and Sunday) but have had no luck in the December Daily Draws – at least I had the success on Friday

You will notice that without the £60 “windfall” from the £1k Freeroll, I have barely broken even this week.

I noted the advice kindly provided @mumsie last Sunday about using 28p DYMs to cheaply build up to 10 PPs… that would definitely be the way to do it if my sole goal was to enter the draws… and I have entered a few this week to top up my total but playing for such a small amount didn’t excite me at all, it became a chore.

I do enjoy playing the £5.50 DYMs particularly as the £10 “swing” makes more of an impact on my bankroll (I guess I am a gambler at heart) although I over indulged that particular pleasure this weekend as I played 8 of them and only won 3 so that negated the circa tenner of profit I had made on the 4NL cash tables during the week. At least I earnt enough points for a £2.30 tourny token. Perhaps I won't indulge quite so much next week!

Away from the tables, I continue to enjoy driving my unique mostly foot operated van. I hadn’t been into Wales for 6 weeks due to the various lockdowns until Wednesday when I went for a drive across Llandegla moors before taking the A525 to Ruthin and then the A494 back home passing Moel Famau on the way. What a beautiful drive that is and I am so fortunate to have it so close to home.
    Balance last week - £141.25
    Balance now – £140.85
    Weekly Profit/Loss – 40p loss

My week in poker… and life.

Monday: Played two tables of 4NL cash for quite a while during the afternoon and hit 10 Poker Points on that alone… but I also lost a fiver in the process! In the evening I cashed in the £1k Freeroll (for 50p!). As I played that I indulged myself with a couple of £5.50 DYMs and won them both so I finished the day in profit with 2 entries in the Daily Draw.

Tuesday: Aside from publishing the Sunday Quiz answers I decided to take a day off from poker. Christmas preparations had to be made and Chester played Bradford Park Avenue in the FA Trophy in the evening. I watched the stream and they won 3 – 1 which meant they played Altrincham on Saturday.

Wednesday: Played almost an hour of 4NL cash on two tables at lunch time but it was a dull session… finished circa 50p down and didn’t earn a single Poker Point. At least I didn’t tilt! Played two £5.50 DYMs before tea to earn the points for a ticket to the Daily Draw. Won one but lost the other. That was supposed to be it, I was going to chill in the evening and watch the football however, I felt I had it in me to win two £5.50 DYMs on the bounce… but I always think that… so I played a couple more after tea and duly cashed in both.

All done and dusted in plenty of time to sit down with a glass of Jack Daniels to watch Liverpool vs Spurs. However, my TV had other ideas and lost the Amazon Prime stream just before Salah scored. I kept trying to get it back but it stubbornly refused to reconnect – had to watch it on my pc. Annoying thing is, I watched 5 of the other Amazon midweek Premier League matches on my tv and they were shown without a hiccup.

Thursday: No poker until just before tea when not much happened on two 4NL Cash tables. After tea I took part in the £1k Freeroll but didn’t really get going. I have been enjoying this MTT and so decided to have a go at the 18:30 £1k Bounty Hunter but didn’t get far in that either. After exiting these two MTTs, I played a couple of £5.50 DYMs. I had more luck in those – a great deal of luck to be honest – and won them both thus finished about £3 up on the day.

Friday: I cashed for the second time this week in the £1k Freeroll for £2 having made 80p on two 4NL Cash tables before tea but that was as good as things got. Exited the 18:30 £1k Bounty Hunter before Late Reg had closed then played four £5.50 DYMs losing them all. The luck from the previous night deserted me. After trip 9s lost to an AK Full House on the river and trip Jacks lost to trip Queens, I tilted away the other two games. Funny how you never remember the details when YOU are the one who hits on the river!

Saturday: There was a lot on today. Liverpool were the early kick off while the pitch at Altrincham was struggling with all the rain that fell last week so their game v Chester in the FA Trophy was moved to the Deva Stadium but, due to the late decision, no fans were allowed in so it was another game I watched on the stream. I really enjoy Strictly, so with the final in the evening I had to get my poker fix in during the morning. After the carnage from the night before I headed back into the fray with two games of £5.50 DYM. I won one but lost the other… grrrrr

After the Poker, Liverpool were superb winning 7 – 0; Chester gave Altrincham a game but lost 2 – 1 to the club who play in the league above us with the winning goal scored ironically by a player who came through our Academy; the dancing was great, I wanted everyone to win! …and we had an unexpected bonus as, after all the Covid announcements, some friends appeared on our doorstep to drop off some Christmas presents before they became locked down in Wales.

My mum and I are usually on our own on Christmas Day so the lockdown will not impact us too much next weekend although we do get visitors throughout the day – they will have to be contacted on the phone or internet this year. We are also missing out on the pre-Christmas get-togethers with family and my former work colleagues. Hopefully things will get back to normal during 2021.

Sunday: Wasn’t sure how much present wrapping would take place this afternoon so played two games of £5.50 DYM. Played well (IMHO!) but only won one of them. As it turned out, not much present wrapping took place this afternoon and instead I researched an article I am due to write in the New Year for a motor racing magazine. The thought that two £5.50 DYM wins would see me more or less break even for the week was always at the back of my mind so I fired up a couple after tea and took them both.

So, I have had hours of fun playing poker this week at the cost of just 40p! …and I still live in hope of winning £100 in the final week of Daily Draws… ha ha!
    Balance last week - £140.85
    Balance now – £146.07
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £5.22 profit

On Monday afternoon, I dialled in to @StayorGo’s Poker Bootcamp. It was good to meet some of my fellow players on the site via the Zoom call. Also, it was the first time I had listened to people discussing poker since the demise of the Poker Channel on Sky which can only help my game.

So… my name never did come up in the Daily Draws – there’s always next time – but at least I have won a total of £72.50 on the £1k Freerolls during December. I played them on Monday and Tuesday this week but failed to cash. I entered the 18:30 £1k Bounty Hunter alongside them but one head prize was my only return. At least the £2.30 Tournament Token offset the cost.

I found myself playing less 4NL Cash (two sessions with a total of £1.10 profit) and more £5.50 DYMs in which, at one point, I won 8 in a row. I played 29 DYM in total this week – 8 today alone as I tried to win two on the bounce to put my end-of-week balance over £150 but I never quite made it. At least I ended the week in profit.

Christmas this year was a little strange with none of the usual get togethers during the build up and no visitors on the day (except via Zoom) – all presents were either handed over on the doorstep or bought online and sent to the recipients. Nonetheless, my mum and I have had a good weekend with plenty of food, drink & TV.
    @QUICKFEET nice reads and a profit is a profit. GL for 2021
    Balance last week - £146.07
    Balance now – £170.56
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £24.49 profit

Even though there was no Daily Points Total to chase until the SPT promotion began, I found myself concentrating on £5.50 DYMs. I had a good week and won 21 out of 34 games (62%) for £23 profit.

I also played the £1k Freeroll and 18:30 £1k £5.50 BH on 3 nights. I cashed once in the Freeroll for £1. I didn’t cash in BHs but took 6 heads across the 3 nights. With the £2.30 Tourney Token I made a 1p loss on the BHs!

I only had 1 short session of 4NL Cash and won 50p.

Aside from poker… For New Years’ Eve mum and I just chilled out with a bottle of Bolly and watched Tenet which was a spectacular film to watch even if the plot made little sense! We stayed up to see the fireworks but there seemed to be more go off around our home than in London.
    Balance last week - £170.56
    Balance now – £228.96
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £58.40 profit

I had a really good week on the £5.50 DYMs. Monday to Friday I won 17 out of 20 tourneys although the weekend was less good – I won 10 out 18 games so still made £1 profit. Nice to be past the £200 mark with my SkyPoker account.

I played two of the 18:30 £5.50 BHs but failed to cash or win any heads but I did cash for £3 in one of the two £1k Freerolls I entered. A little bit of 4nl cash also yielded a £3 profit.

In real life… On Monday my van went in for a service. Because of Covid I couldn’t stay with the car. When I got home the news was full of Boris’ expected Lockdown announcement that evening. When the garage didn’t ring to say the van was ready until late afternoon and asked me to collect it the following day, I was a little worried that Boris was going to close down garages but, fortunately, his measures weren’t quite as strict as last year.

In between Christmas and New Year my pc monitor had been taking a while to come out of sleep mode and, by the start of this week, it was taking over an hour to spring to life. Googling the problem returned a video of a man blowing a hair dryer into the vents on the back of his monitor. Presumably, he was warming up the gubbins inside. I did wonder if it was a spoof!

Being a baldie, I have no hair dryer… so I got my mum to put a fan heater next to the monitor. That did the trick although, as the bloke on the video said it was only a temporary fix because the reluctance to wake-up was a sign that the monitor was on its way out, I bought a 24 inch Asus from AO which arrived on Thursday.

The colours seem much sharper than the old monitor and the aspect ratio is wider and not as high. This means I can squeeze in 3 SkyPoker tables without resizing the windows. There is some overlap but not too much. So I have been doing a little 3-tabling instead of 2 although I feel more comfortable just playing a couple of tables.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    That's a tidy profit for the week on the DYMs.
    Keep it going.

My car went for it's annual MOT last month.
    I nearly cried when I went to pick it up and pay the bill.
    "Do you want to pay with contactless card?"
    "Yes please".
    £40.
    Tears of joy, they were. Tears of joy.😂
    Thanks @dragon1964. This morning I was at £75 profit for the week but my luck had a day off today. At least I had the strength to resist chasing my losses this evening.

Sorry to hear about your big MOT bill. My car is on a Motability lease so they just receive part of my PIP benefit each month and cover everything. Very painless!
    Balance last week - £228.96
    Balance now – £229.96
    Weekly Profit/Loss – exactly £1 profit

Highlight of the week was coming 6th in the £1k Freeroll on Tuesday for £30, I also had min cashes in that tourney for £1 each on Monday and Friday. The only day I played without cashing in the Freeroll was Thursday. I missed it on Wednesday because I had a Zoom call with my family as we were organising a family holiday in the Peak District in September. Hopefully, the virus will be under control by then. Mum is booked in for her first vaccination jab on Tuesday so there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

The profit I made in the Freerolls was offset by losses in £5.50 DYMs and the 18:30 £1k Bounty Hunter. I played the latter 3 times with no Heads or Cashes. After a good Monday for DYMs where I won 4 out of 5 I then only took 4 out of 12 over the next 3 days. I didn’t play any DYMs on Friday or Saturday for the reasons below but I played a couple tonight, winning 1 but losing the other after a mis-adventure with pocket Aces.

On Friday night I played in the 18:05 SPT Micro and got through to the Quarter but was KOed in that.

I haven’t had time to play quite so much poker this week as I have been busy building a proposal to the Charity Commission for them to register the Speech Therapy Charity I am setting up. I hadn’t realised how much work is involved but I think it is a good thing as it gives people confidence that when they make donations to registered charities, they are giving them to genuine organisations.

I also had to spend time updating the motor racing websites I manage as the first meeting of the season at Oulton Park in March has been cancelled due to the pandemic which is disappointing but not surprising.

Another reason I have not played so much in the past few days is that I have been watching videos made the Patron Saint of Poker @StayOrGo who has kindly been spending time coaching me (along with a few others). We think we identified a leak (a misunderstanding on my part) which may have account for my DYM losses this week.

Here’s hoping to run better next week.