You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Straight from the toes - Quickfeet's blog

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    edited January 2021
    Hi @QUICKFEET

Good to see you again at today's Zoom session. I like the way that you are trying to learn and incorporate/implement change.

When one does this, things invariably get a bit worse before better. So hang in there.

Also, some of my recommendations apply to normal MTT's rather than DYM's, so you'll need to find a way of using the bits that work and not the bits that don't when playing DYM's.

Best of luck!

G
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    Balance last week - £229.96
    Balance now – £299.22
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £69.26

When I finished playing on Friday, I was about a tenner down on the week. I was £4.50 down on 19 £5.50 DYMs and had collected just 1 head from two 18:30 £1k BH tourneys, this made it 12 of these that I had not cashed in since I began playing them alongside the Freeroll so I was starting to ask questions of myself. Elsewhere, I exited two £1k FRs just before the bubble. The only positive was 41p profit from a short session of cash.

Furthermore, on Tuesday evening I had played four 6-Max tourneys as the coaching @StayOrGo is giving me is more applicable to those than DYMs. However, I lost all of them. On Friday evening I played another alongside the Freeroll but lost that too.

I then went for a snack, thought things over and came back to play a couple more 6-Maxes with a different approach. I was runner-up in one and won the other. That seemed to be a turning point.

On Saturday I planned an afternoon of poker so, after lunch, late regged for the £400 BH that started at 12:30. The chap from SkyPoker I have been hearing about in other threads, who controls the RNG, must have taken a shine to me as I hit everything for half an hour. Even when I pressed the wrong button and called an all-in instead of folding, I won versus a strong Ace. This good start put me in a healthy position from where I went on to finish second with 7 Heads for £66 profit. So thirteenth time lucky for me in BH tourneys!

In the evening, I played one more 6-Max. I was going to record it as @StayOrGo had kindly offered to review my play but I forgot to press record! So I one tabled instead of two as I was typing questions for my coach alongside the game and managed to luck into another win thus finished Saturday £80 to the good!

On Sunday afternoon I was tempted back to have another crack at the £400 BH (the 13:30 one this time). I was out of favour with the RNG Manager however and exited after a trip-Q v straight cooler having won 1 head. I then played a trio of 6-Maxes, winning one of them so ended the day 16p down!

My BR is building nicely. In the past I have built up to circa £500 on DYMs but then stepped up to higher levels where I got battered and my game fell apart even when I came back to lower levels. I ended up having to deposit. This time… well I began with £37 in my account at the start of November, if I can get to around £350 I will withdraw £100 and use it to buy a tankful of diesel for my van. If that happens, at least I will have got something from this good run although, hopefully with coaching, I can make my current form permanent.

I actually filled my van up last week but my credit card statement is not due until around 10th February. If I am above £300 at that point I will definitely withdraw the £100. Ha ha… at present, I only need to make 78p unless I go into free-fall… hardly the forum’s toughest challenge!

In real-life, things have been going pop in the kitchen. When I brought mum home from her Covid vaccination on Tuesday morning, the kettle wouldn’t boil so we had to dash straight out again to buy a replacement. Then on Thursday, the element blew in the oven on our electric cooker. I am wondering what will be next but the monitor needed replacing on my pc just after Christmas so may be we have already had our 3 breakages.
  • Options
    I know everyone is focussed on the SPT thread, but fwiw here is my weekly update.

Balance last week - £299.22
    Balance now – £224.90
    Withdrawn – £100
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £25.68

I know from past experience that any poker profits don’t count until they are withdrawn and are safely in the bank! …therefore I have made £100 of “real” profit due to the £100 withdrawal.

The highlight of the week was Wednesday evening when I was 20th in the £1k Freeroll and 21st + 3 Heads in the 18:30 BH earning me £10 and £6.35 respectively, the only time I cash in either this week. This took my SkyPoker balance to £319.

As I mentioned last week, once I got above £300 with a little to spare I planned to transfer out £100 just to take some benefit from the run I have had from the £37 starting point in November so after my MTT cashes, I decided to just that.

I was going to spend the £100 on a tank of fuel for my van which, although useful, wasn’t very exciting. While writing this update I have also been speaking to a young man I know from Oulton Park who sells prints of cars and I have ended up commissioning a picture of a Porsche 917 as featured in the film “Le Mans” which was on BBC2 this afternoon so I shall use the £100 for that…. Far more interesting than a tank of fuel!

Anyway, back to last Wednesday, having made the withdrawal late in the evening (for me at least) I realised, because I hadn’t had time to play any SnGs during the day, that I needed 15 points to qualify for Thursday’s SPT Freeroll so I reged for a £5.50 6-Max and, naughty me, an £11 one too. I lost them both!

So bang went the MTT profit and I never did get into the SPT despite playing four Freerolls and a couple of Micros although I did get through to a Quarter Final from one of the Micros. It was nice to dream of a ticket to the big event and may be one day I will be bankrolled enough to buy-in directly. I have really enjoyed the buzz surrounding the SPT this week.

Aside from Wednesday, things have gone well with the 6-Maxes and I have cashed in 9 out of 16 games hence it was a +EV week overall. I have also returned just under a fiver of profit from sitting at cash tables at various times while waiting for my mum to get ready to go out. My run of profitable weeks continues in 2021 therefore the target is now to get to £500 before making any further withdrawals.
  • Options
    Balance last week - £224.90
    Balance now – £174.27
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £50.63 Loss

The wheels fell off at the start of the week. Fortunately, the wheels only fell off my poker endeavours rather than my wheelchair or my van!

Funny how I always get a bad run after withdrawing. I don't know whether it is psychological, I am not consciously thinking about it when I play.

From Monday to Thursday I lost fifteen £5.50 6 Maxes on the bounce! I’ll save you the maths – that’s a total of £82.50. Things changed on Friday and Saturday when I made a £34.50 profit on twelve 6 Maxes although I made a £3 loss on six games this afternoon.

Bounty Hunters were better, I played three of the ones that start at 18:30 and made small cashes in two of them although I had no luck in the trio of £1k Freerolls I played. I have been entering the Sunday Major Freerolls too with a best result of 22nd (the top three get a seat – one day I’ll get one!)

In real life my bad run of electrical devices failing in 2021 continues… adding to the list of pc monitor, kettle and element in our oven, this week a hand held vacuum cleaner burnt itself out while on charge filling the house with the pungent smell of melting plastic. As well as getting a new cleaner we had to get the wall socket replaced too… and now mum says the dishwasher is leaking!
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Best of luck with this

I think you move up stakes and do just fine
  • Options
    @Jac35 am not moving anywhere til I take onboard what @StayOrGo is teaching me and stop blindly clicking buttons! ha ha...
    Anyway, I couldn't end the day with just a £3 loss so I played a couple of 6 maxes after tea and was runner-up in both of them so my balance improved by a tenner to £184.27. "Only" lost £40.63 on the week now
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Good to see you today on the Zoom game @QUICKFEET

Great having you on these calls, change is never easy, but you look like you are heading in the right direction and having fun too!

Was a nice turn out today, with @wynne1938 @bbMike @MP33 @thisltedu @Doooobs @giesahaun and @SidV79

Here's a clip of you and the guys!

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crnjqkSeXe

Best of luck with your games this week!
  • Options
    What a motley crew!
  • Options
    QUICKFEET said:

What a motley crew!

Indeed lol :D
  • Options
    Balance last week - £184.27
    Balance now – £245.57
    Weekly Profit/Loss – £61.30

The cards have been kind this week. I dropped the 18:30 £1k Bounty Hunter and focussed on 6 Maxes, playing 41 in total. Although I only cashed in 19 of them, because of the higher payout it gave me a profit of around £60.

The only MTT tourneys I entered were the £1k Freerolls – I played all 5 with a couple of £1 cashes – and the Sunday Major Freeroll in which I had a best result of 22nd although only the first 3 get a seat.

When not playing poker, there was a surprise on Thursday when Chester FC’s “meet the board on Zoom” evening was interrupted by a young lady who did a striptease… without much in the way of a tease it has to be said. No sooner had she been blocked then the stream was hijacked again by rap music with offensive lyrics at which point the meeting was abandoned. I doubt the club will advertise the links to Zoom meeting so widely in future!

The board had been explaining to fans the possibility of this season's National League North and South competitions being declared null and void. The League’s committee seem to want them to continue and have been issuing threats of sanctions if clubs did not fulfil their fixtures but the promise of grants to compensate for the lack of income when playing with no fans, which was made at the start of the season, has disappeared and been replaced with the offer of loans from Sport England. Clubs like Chester don’t have the assets to allow them to borrow (the Deva Stadium is leased from the local council) and, in any case, neither the board nor the fans want the club to be saddled with debt.

Some grant funding was provided via the National Lottery at the start of the season to fund the clubs up to the end of December. Hard to believe now that back in October Boris was expecting entertainment venues to re-open at the start of 2021. Because that grant money was supposed to cover the loss of gate receipts, Chester FC expected the National League to distribute it on a pro-rata basis according to average crowd sizes over the past few seasons however the calculations actually employed handed out the funds on a far flatter scale meaning those clubs with small gates and rich owners received more money than if there had been no pandemic. After the grants had been announced, offering a windfall for clubs with small gates, many of them made star signings.

All the clubs have been asked to vote on whether the league should continue – those with wealthy owners/small fanbases see the potential to gain promotion following their early season player purchases. The constitution requires the league to allow 28 days for the vote to take place however the league will announce the result as soon as there is a majority decision as to whether to continue or not.

It is very surprising that this hasn’t got wider coverage in the media. While the upper reaches of non-league football teeter on the brink, The Sun was only interested in the breasts of the young lady who interrupted the discussion of the issue. As their headlines after the Hillsborough disaster are still remembered with a great deal of rawness in these parts, their request to publish the images from the Zoom recording was politely declined.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited February 2021
    The National League has been, in my opinion, run poorly for a number of years and it's disappointing that they are threatening to sanction clubs for not being able to fulfill fixtures. Why should clubs be forced to play without the necessary funding? It's a shame that those higher up the pyramid can't help those in non-league, especially now that the previous funding has been withdrawn.
    I'm a Stockport County follower - fortunately we were taken over just before the Covid pandemic and therefore we are a lot more financially secure than most, however I sympathise with those clubs who haven't got the money to survive without the revenue from gate receipts, and if things continue the way they are going it's only a matter of time before clubs are forced to fold/withdraw from leagues.
    I hope a solution can be found so that the season doesn't have to be declared void, but it's unfair for clubs to be forced to play matches by the league if they are struggling financially. Hopefully the picture will become clearer soon, but I won't hold my breath... Looks like our season will be carrying on for now.

As for the Chester Zoom "meeting", surely doing it publicly on Zoom was asking for trouble. Think it surpasses the Handforth Parish Zoom meeting that went viral from the week before...

Great write up as always, @QUICKFEET. Nice to see you building a good profit from the Sit n Gos. Sadly, the same cannot be said for me at the moment - not going to be a fun diary update tomorrow
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Sounds like an eventful Zoom call @QUICKFEET lol.
    BTW 19 cashes out of 41 six max SNG's is absolutely brilliant!
    I am assuming they pay two places? It is hard to do much better than that!
    Do you know how many were wins and how many were 2nds?
    VWP! See you at 2pm. Hopefully the participants of our zoom call will all be fully clothed. 😂
  • Options
    @StayOrGo yes 2 places are paid. I had 11 wins and 8 RUs. With the £5.50 games that I play, you get £14 profit for a win and £5 for coming second.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    QUICKFEET said:

@StayOrGo yes 2 places are paid. I had 11 wins and 8 RUs. With the £5.50 games that I play, you get £14 profit for a win and £5 for coming second.

WOW 11 wins from 41 games!

Just less than 7 would be "average", so 11 is absolutely fantastic.

VWP.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,355
    Hilarious scenes at the zoom meeting , straight out of a Phoenix Nights sketch.

• Options
    @StayOrGo it's all down to your brilliant coaching!
  • Options
    VUL in the home game today @QUICKFEET

My AQ beating your AK all in pre flop.

I thought you played great, just very unlucky.

All the best this week!
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    Asho28 said:

The National League has been, in my opinion, run poorly for a number of years and it's disappointing that they are threatening to sanction clubs for not being able to fulfill fixtures. Why should clubs be forced to play without the necessary funding? It's a shame that those higher up the pyramid can't help those in non-league, especially now that the previous funding has been withdrawn.

Totally agree @Asho28. Has anybody actually worked out what the cost would be to keep all the National North & South league clubs going per month? I'm sure they have but I personally haven't seen it reported. If you or @QUICKFEET know, I would be interested to learn the figures.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    edited February 2021
    @TVSpice

I'm not completely sure. Whatever the cost is, it's clearly too much. Saw that the league charged a club (think it was Darlington from memory) for failing to fulfill a fixture earlier in the week, and a couple of other clubs had refused to play any further fixtures without funding.
    National League North & South seasons have been declared null and void now anyway after a vote. Naturally, not everyone is happy but think it's the most sensible outcome. We've collectively voted to carry on in the league above.
  • Options
    Such fun having you in these Home Games @QUICKFEET

You played really well last Friday, you may well have gone on to win if it wasn't for this bit of bad luck against me!

Seriously though, it's like your game is improving every week!

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crnq06S96L