You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Yipeeyapee vs Sparce tonight!

Comments

• Options
    NOGIMMICKSNOGIMMICKS Member Posts: 41
    edited February 2010
    Fair play to you YY for having the hunger to take Sparce on again. Deep down, you must know you're the rag though. Very early on in the TP thread I mentioned I thought kegsy could win this/is different class to relative stakes on this site, from what I've seen Sparce is just as good if not better. If I'm not playing too heavily elsewhere (Why can't SKY do 40% RB!) I'll definitely open a table to watch as I'm always impressed by decent H/U cash players.

Whilst I do think Sparce is probabaly the best player in the competition, I do wish all the best to Nutter and Sharsbite, two players who play similar (albeit they're slightly better) games to myself.

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: When is Yipeeyapee vs Sparce taking place?:
    Fair play to you YY for having the hunger to take Sparce on again. Deep down, you must know you're the rag though. Very early on in the TP thread I mentioned I thought kegsy could win this/is different class to relative stakes on this site, from what I've seen Sparce is just as good if not better. If I'm not playing too heavily elsewhere (Why can't SKY do 40% RB!) I'll definitely open a table to watch as I'm always impressed by decent H/U cash players. Whilst I do think Sparce is probabaly the best player in the competition, I do wish all the best to Nutter and Sharsbite, two players who play similar (albeit they're slightly better) games to myself.
    Posted by NOGIMMICKS

The sites that offer these types of rb deal are going bust and out of business because it isn't a long term money making strategy for them.
  • Options
    Nutter5932Nutter5932 Member Posts: 349
    edited February 2010
    Once you hit 40k points its 100% rb per 4000 points gained ?

Granted its a huge amount but I bet ajs / sam and offshoot hit it each month maybe 
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Once you hit 40k points its 100% rb per 4000 points gained ? Granted its a huge amount but I bet ajs / sam and offshoot hit it each month maybe 
    Posted by Nutter5932
    I bet barely any players make the 40k. I doubt any recreational players make it to 10k.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah SKY have definitely done their best to (re)attrect mid stake cash game players with the points scheme, and that's good for both party's. I fall into an awkward category for SKY I guess, in that I'm not a pro (obviously laugh the masses!) yet happily play anything from £5 mtt to £200 H/U sng, and want the best deal I can get as I don't intend to do my dough. Although I admit I play so comedy LAGY in earlier stages of mtt's it looks like I'm trying! So whilst I will play here on occasions, I'm simply obliged in the main to play where I get 40% RB.
  • Options
    stienstien Member Posts: 332
    edited February 2010
    Yes Betfair is going broke offering a 40% rakeback deal lol. Sky needs to offer a better rakeback deal to its players. I agree Sparce is by far the best player in the comp. I think Yipee got a little carried away with himself, cut and run now fella there is better value for you than HU with Sparce, although full credit if you turn it around.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Rakeback etc.:
    Yes Betfair is going broke offering a 40% rakeback deal lol. Sky needs to offer a better rakeback deal to its players. I agree Sparce is by far the best player in the comp. I think Yipee got a little carried away with himself, cut and run now fella there is better value for you than HU with Sparce, although full credit if you turn it around.
    Posted by stien

iPoker is........

all the affiliate sites are destroying each other trying to outdo how much they give back.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,649
    edited February 2010
    is it a leap year...no **** i,ve got 2 days to get 150 points to get me £15 lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Betfair should have way more traffic than it does. With the resources (and clientele) they have, its amazing they've done so badly. However if you want to play a £20 mtt during the day to win 4 figures you can't do it on SKY, whilst you just about can on BF. And yeah my 40% RB deal is with them! 27.5% with TILT and what (for me) works out as around 10% on here. Of course if you're high volume cash player the game is very different. But I simply can't turn down what essentially is an extra £100-£200 month for playing a different site.
    Posted by NOGIMMICKS

Increasing rake back itself though just creates a climate for more people to play lots of tables very tightly and just sit there trying to earn money from rakeback and breaking even at the pokerz. I totally see y our point about how every little it helps. 
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ...beofre anyone nitpicks there aren't really a plethora of decent mtt's on BF during the day! But I'd still rather say a £10/£20 entry 1/2k GTD than these daft £5 BH's going off every 5 minutes!
  • Options
    cottladcottlad Member Posts: 439
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Rakeback etc.:
    In Response to Rakeback etc. : iPoker is........ all the affiliate sites are destroying each other trying to outdo how much they give back.
    Posted by beaneh
    Playtech (ipoker) is destroying ipoker imo, not the skins.... anyways..... i dont wanna get into another forum dbate lol.

When on Sun this HU happening? /> :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Rakeback etc.:
    In Response to Re: Rakeback etc. : Playtech (ipoker) is destroying ipoker imo, not the skins.... anyways..... i dont wanna get into another forum dbate lol. When on Sun this HU happening? /> :)
    Posted by cottlad

They never really thought through their strategies. Competing for who can pay the most rakeback to the winning reg grinders was never going to last long term. The idea of winning players being banned is the funniest/stupidest thing i've ever heard.
  • Options
    namesb0ndnamesb0nd Member Posts: 402
    edited February 2010
    any news on a time for the big clash this week?And will it be shown at my local cinema? ;)
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    Yippee i would love to see you go busto and just vanish.CMON SPARCE
    Posted by dav1964
    Same here. When the TP started I was really looking forward to seeing how Yipee would get on but he has been so unpleasant and insulting its not even amusing.
  • Options
    freechips1freechips1 Member Posts: 861
    edited February 2010
    Yippee i would love to see you go busto and just vanish.CMON SPARCE
    Posted by dav1964
    +1, although it is very entertaining
  • Options
    SparceSparce Member Posts: 110
    edited February 2010
    going to be at 7:15 pm.  Looking forward to it.  hopefully i wont go too wild tonight as would be nice to be able to think on sunday!

xxx
  • Options
    scrumdownscrumdown Member Posts: 1,609
    edited February 2010
    well played last time sparce u played basic poker waited for the hands let yy hang his self
  • Options
    barnsiebarnsie Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2010
    showing less and less class as this thread develops

i just hope whoever is staking you heads up against sparce doesnt value the money to much

to much ego not enough respect imo
  • Options
    Seagull158Seagull158 Member Posts: 1,100
    edited February 2010
    Its tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    DOHHHHHHHDOHHHHHHH Member Posts: 17,927
    edited February 2010
    I missed the original battle between these guys, and haven't really been following the thread since the early stages. Looking forward to watching tonight! - Whist having YET ANOTHER crack at that dreaded 10 handed deep stack!

I hate to see people lose loads of money so I hope it doesn't go too 1 way - No preference as to the winner - Started playing HU lately so hope to learn from watching.

Have fun, gl both.

DOHH