You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

SPT Brighton LIVE UPDATE

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,353

And in the battle for the trophy, Melty is the first to depart in a complete no-brainer, his 9-9 no good here;

edited November 2017
    Melty looks happy enough, as well he might with £14,000 in his back pocket.

Hoodie Parade

• GELDYGELDY Member Posts: 5,203
    vwp melty - n1
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Nice one Melty
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,107
    Well played Melty

Well that would appear to be it for SPT Brighton.

The players have been great, the venue first class & the Dealers terrific.

Special thanks to Kirsty, Sam, Mark, James & Ambo who have all worked very hard. Sam's updates yesterday, in particular, were both splendid.

And to those who posted on the thread, thank you, without feedback & interaction, these things don't work.

Night all.

• Jack3010Jack3010 Member Posts: 26
    Who won?!
  • LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Thanks for all the Updates Tikay, a really enjoyable read through out the weekend.

And nice Cashes Andy and SR.

Must be well on Course for the Live 1kNL SR :)
    Jack3010 said:

Who won?!

Nick Woodham won the trophy.

• SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    Thanks for all the good wishes everyone. Proper update to follow in my thread, but drunk and drinking pints* and smoking **** out of my window** in a hotel room in Brighton right now.

*true
    **may be not true (is true)
  • SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    **** means cigarettes, by the way
  • madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,400
    Tikay10 said:

Special thanks to Kirsty, Sam, Mark, James & Ambo who have all worked very hard. Sam's updates yesterday, in particular, were both splendid.

And to those who posted on the thread, thank you, without feedback & interaction, these things don't work.

Night all.

Hey guys- my first live tournament so please pass on my thanks to all concerned for a well organised and great fun event! It was also great to meet all of those aliases in person; esp new drinking partners, Hanson, Misty4me and Sidv79 and those players I hate getting on my tables-who were also nice guys to chat to- MattBates, Lnarin and Lolllollloooolloooo

Two things:
    Don't forget us West country boys when planning venues? Brizzel, Plymouth or in the middle, Exeter
    Bubble is the pits, so should there be a golden envelope left at the bubble point and it goes on & on & on, why not donate the the last GE to the poor old bubble.....

Thanks again and looking forward to trying to qualify for the next one!!

MP
  • HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 898
    madprof said:

Tikay10 said:

Night all.

Hey guys- my first live tournament so please pass on my thanks to all concerned for a well organised and great fun event! It was also great to meet all of those aliases in person; esp new drinking partners, Hanson, Misty4me and Sidv79 and those players I hate getting on my tables-who were also nice guys to chat to- MattBates, Lnarin and Lolllollloooolloooo

Two things:
    Don't forget us West country boys when planning venues? Brizzel, Plymouth or in the middle, Exeter
    Bubble is the pits, so should there be a golden envelope left at the bubble point and it goes on & on & on, why not donate the the last GE to the poor old bubble.....

Thanks again and looking forward to trying to qualify for the next one!!

MP
    firstly what a great weekend and skypoker team did a fanstastic job and also venue staff ...im not sure I can handle another week end like it playing Friday making day 2 then drinking till god knows what time then thinking its a good idea to walk back to hotel in the rain with danny aka madprof lol ...4hrs kip then up for breakfast loads of coffee play day 1b with no fear of busting out as already in day 2 only to bust out with 3 levels to go of course another session till the early hrs another 4hrs kip and then breakfast ...how I managed 51st place is beyond me in the state I was in I may not have cashed but I learnt a lot from some of the other sky players and about my own play ...would I do it all again who am kidding of course I would......sorry danny I popped over to spoons to say goodbye to jezza and andy forgot to pop back in to say good bye to yourself ...will catch up with you on tables and hopefully at the nexted SPT
  • DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Thank you to Tikay and the Sky team really enjoyed the updates will try my best to get to the next one.
  • Bromley023Bromley023 Member Posts: 274
    Where did our highest female finish? No worries if you don’t have that to hand; just curious.

There seems to be an increased wave of female players in open events, which is great, so I was hoping for another replica of Kirsty’s amazing performance at Manchester

N
  • Sky__JamesSky__James Member Posts: 444

Where did our highest female finish? No worries if you don’t have that to hand; just curious.

There seems to be an increased wave of female players in open events, which is great, so I was hoping for another replica of Kirsty’s amazing performance at Manchester

N

The last 2 women busted in quick succession just after I did so I think around 27th. Our qualifier @ANUKET lasted longest.
  • Sky_SamTSky_SamT Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 984

N

The last 2 women busted in quick succession just after I did so I think around 27th. Our qualifier @ANUKET lasted longest.
    No chance this could have been answered without a brag?
  • shipppp09shipppp09 Member Posts: 16
    Thank you for the updates TK. Was following with interest all weekend! Any chance of dropping a hint as to the location of the next SPT? :D