You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

sick of being robbed on here

allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
once again ive sat down on skyjoker for a game of so called poker. Once again over two days dealt pocket aces or ak aq suited. called raises against garbage to all ins only to get beat by garbage hitting turn AND river. How long are people gonna accept this nonsense as legitimate random cards. Something really needs to be done about this as people are sitting down with REAL money only to be ripped off time and again for the benefit of skys rake. POKER? dont make me laugh sky youse are bang at it. **** pathetic.

Comments

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
  • JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited January 2018
    Hi Allibone I get your frustration when running bad but its a mathematic fact that every player will run bad at some point over and over again the more you play.

variance is real in poker and to make money you have to embrace the variance and use bankroll/skill to combat it.

If you get in AA vs QQ pre flop for 100bbs 80% of the time the AA holds up the 20% is very real and cant be discounted, you will lose the hand 20% of the time, now add 3 or 4 players all in pre flop with you it gets worse.

best to take a break and chill for a bit when you feel frustrated.
  • allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
    yeah yeah heard it all before. its nothing to do with running bad mate ive had pocket aces 15 times over the last rwo days and been beaten after seeing the flop and calling an all in against rubbish against ONE player. This morning AA vs Q9 flop 279 hes raises massive i go all in he calls turn 9 river 9 variance hahaha yeah right
  • K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    I had Ak vs QJ earlier and j on flop. FML AIPF aswell! :wink:
  • JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    its 2018 Koby QJ is the new AA gotta keep up with the AIPF ranges ;)
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,180
    Do you play cash Allibone?
    yeah
    anyone who wants can try and defend skypoker but ive played on here regular for 5 years and im sick of unbelievable runs of cards, seeing quads every five mins 4 to a straight/flush every other board its totally unrepresentative of a game of poker no skill required play any two and skys board can win the hand for ya its ludicrous
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,180
    What benefit do you think it has for the site?
    Surely if this were the case it would drive business away in droves
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,802
    edited January 2018
    @allibone03

Think of it like this.

You have AA, he has Q9
    He shoves , you call.
    Board = A387Q

You run to the forum, start a post

Title
    "the RNG is broke, sky needs investigating, someone call the police"

First post
    "My AA just won 100% and its supposed to be 84.3%......."

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,750
    If it’s the case Aces being beaten all the time, would it be of benefit to play rags all the time.
    rather than drive people away it encourages people as they think any hand can win. sky win as more players more rake. and nobody ran to the forum or said anything about calling the police what a pathetic comment mumsie.
    anyway thats all from me as i see any negative comment is always gonna be defended by the sky apologists. anyone who plays on here regularly knows what i mean. all online poker sites are the same hollywood hand rubbish and i wont bother anymore. enjoy keeping your heads in the sand guys good luck, you will need that rather than skill.
  • TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 295
    allibone03 ,post the hands up were you lost with AA mate,and we can have a look and see how you played them.
  • Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837

To you, the previous X amount of people peddling this nonsense, and to the future ranks of the tinfoil hat brigade...

To do something akin to what you are accusing Sky of doing would be an unimaginably dumb business move when said site can profit regardless of who wins a pot/tourney. The thought of this is even more ridiculous if you consider how much Sky make from other ventures such as SkyBet compared to poker. Why would they risk their brand? They just are not doing and never will do what you are suggesting, period.

Rather than suggest anyone who does not agree with your conclusion is dumb...

Consider what else might be happening, try and develop a deeper understanding of variance, study the game more and get involved in some hand discussions.

If you do this then who knows, you may start to see things gradually improve.

I will be playing a lot more poker later in the year and although I have been profitable for over a decade...

I will be studying a ton of poker related content before I start playing properly again because the game is constantly evolving and I know I still have so much to learn!
  • aussie09aussie09 Member Posts: 8,033
    there is a strong inverse correlation between player ability and player assertion of corrupt goings-on. strengthened once again.

aussie09 said:

there is a strong inverse correlation between player ability and player assertion of corrupt goings-on. strengthened once again.

Yup, makes sense.

Sort of the first step on the road to poker profitability...

Lose a few hands/tourneys - Blame others (stay on square 1) or Look inwards and adapt (progress to next square).
    so getting turn rivered with decent cards on a regular basis makes me a bad player? of course it does. funny how its always the usual forum suspects who defend this site isnt it? anybody raising suspicions and concerns is instantly deemed a poor player by the same old genius players who nobodys ever heard of. and this is why sky gets away with too many brainwashed EXPERTS defending this nonsense site for them.Or are you just another player who runs great on here hmmmmmmmm laughable

so getting turn rivered with decent cards on a regular basis makes me a bad player? of course it does. funny how its always the usual forum suspects who defend this site isnt it? anybody raising suspicions and concerns is instantly deemed a poor player by the same old genius players who nobodys ever heard of. and this is why sky gets away with too many brainwashed EXPERTS defending this nonsense site for them.Or are you just another player who runs great on here hmmmmmmmm laughable

1: Anyone who plays poker regularly gets "turn rivered with decent cards on a regular basis".

2: Absolutely nobody forces you to play or post here.