You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

sick of being robbed on here

Comments

• allibone03allibone03 Member Posts: 99
    im well aware im not obliged to play on here and wont do so anymore unless its in freerolls. however i am entitled to post on here and youre suggestion that you resent that speaks volumes.
  • markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
    Just to add...

Quite a few of the people you are slamming on this thread have been pretty decent and tried to offer constructive help.

This is pretty decent of them and it makes senses. Loads of people play poker and it is obvious that some of them will have trouble dealing with and understanding variance or lack the ability to initially be introspective. A friendly nudge in a more positive direction can potentially help them and who knows they may make a positive contribution in future to the forum.

However, you are the one insulting people (people who have tried to offer constructive advice). If that is how you handle yourself then TBH I personally couldn't give a 4X if you stuck around or not.
    who have i insulted
    edited January 2018

im well aware im not obliged to play on here and wont do so anymore unless its in freerolls. however i am entitled to post on here and youre suggestion that you resent that speaks volumes.

I did not question your entitlement to post.

I was just going to post the cat yawning picture with no text. I however do retain the ability to be introspective so I thought that was perhaps a bit crass of me. I then decided to try and offer a few points, as others have done, which you could judge whether you wanted to take on board or not. It is quite clear you have absolutely no intention of looking inwards and that is fine and your prerogative.

I will end my dialogue with you there and it is up to you if you wish to keep that tinfoil hat in your wardrobe ensemble.

Yours sincerely,

The 'old','brainwashed', 'Sky apologist' with 'his head stuck in the sand'.
  • 68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    Two things I never get with these types of post
    1. What benefit is it to Sky.
    2. Why do you play on here if you believe its rigged
    the only people who could possibly be insulted by my comments are the same people who dismiss my comments as being that of a bad player without ever having played a hand with me. You lost and complained when your play must have been terrible as sky couldnt possibly be corrupt. That seems to be the standard answer of the obvious genius players who defend the site. I find that insulting.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,832

so getting turn rivered with decent cards on a regular basis makes me a bad player? of course it does. funny how its always the usual forum suspects who defend this site isnt it? anybody raising suspicions and concerns is instantly deemed a poor player by the same old genius players who nobodys ever heard of. and this is why sky gets away with too many brainwashed EXPERTS defending this nonsense site for them.Or are you just another player who runs great on here hmmmmmmmm laughable

Hi Allibone The boys have been nice to you so far, if it's any consolation we all play on the same R.N.G. It has already been established in previous posts regard authenticity Sky R.N.G. is not the best in the World however rumour has it New one on the way. Please stick around to try it. fwiw
  • leighton05leighton05 Member Posts: 17
    haha markycash joins the chat and dismisses the poster as having a lack of instrospective capabilities whilst complaing the poster has insulted people? haha very odd. reading this stream i agree some of the comments to allibone have been constructive however there is also the usual element of dismissing him as a bad player who fails to grasp variance. surely variance should balance out meaning players should benefit sometimes and not at others.however reading this and previous debates it seems this may not be the case on here. Allibone and several other players have raised this issue are they ALL bad players? Do they all fail to accept variance? Seems unlikely to me. Maybe they have a point. Also the idea that sky dont gain from constant donk hands hitting four on the board against decent hole or made on the flop hands doesnt stack up. Sky gains from this by poor players playing and building pots for their rake. If it ran true to a game of poker POOR players wouldnt play because they dont want to learn and like to win playing any two bingo which skys boards regularly facilitate.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,180

When cognitive dissonance takes hold its hard to shake.
    haha theres always one pseudo
    btw i too have seen that comment before on a different forum so please try and be original im embarrassed for ya go outside and go red
  • memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    Why don't you post these fifteen consecutive AA hands that have lost.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,750
    I was lucky enough to go fairly deep in the mini last night, My AA was beat by A8 aipf, two things come to mind here...Did I want to be all in with AA v A8 at any time in this tournament, of course I do, the odds are stacked in my favour., however the odds are not 100% to 0% so sometimes I WILL LOSE, and that’s ok.
    Secondly and perhaps more important is the fact throughout the tournament I got lucky when behind pre flop on a few occasions, funnily enough my recollection of them is vague., it’s a common thing to happen when we get sucked out on, it’s not easy to shrug off but if anyone wants to carry on playing Anywhere at poker then that’s what must happen. Good luck.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,180

btw i too have seen that comment before on a different forum so please try and be original im embarrassed for ya go outside and go red

Why would I try to be 'original' when many more intelligent people than me have researched this theory, I am highlighting it for you.
    Perhaps you could research aforementioned phenomenon and see if it strikes a chord.
  • oynutteroynutter Member Posts: 4,773
    Doe's anyone know whether most people learn how to play deepstack tournaments before playing cash tables?-- Must be a cheaper way to learn surely?
  • Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    goldon said:

so getting turn rivered with decent cards on a regular basis makes me a bad player? of course it does. funny how its always the usual forum suspects who defend this site isnt it? anybody raising suspicions and concerns is instantly deemed a poor player by the same old genius players who nobodys ever heard of. and this is why sky gets away with too many brainwashed EXPERTS defending this nonsense site for them.Or are you just another player who runs great on here hmmmmmmmm laughable

Hi Allibone The boys have been nice to you so far, if it's any consolation we all play on the same R.N.G. It has already been established in previous posts regard authenticity Sky R.N.G. is not the best in the World however rumour has it New one on the way. Please stick around to try it. fwiw
    This is news to me and a bit worrying. It would certainly explain things for allibone.
    Could you tell me when it was established that the RNG isn’t good and do you have more information on the new one that will be better please?
    Jac35 said:

goldon said:

This is news to me and a bit worrying. It would certainly explain things for allibone.
    Could you tell me when it was established that the RNG isn’t good and do you have more information on the new one that will be better please?

• Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,491
    😊
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,802

Had a change of heart then ?

• DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,746
    oynutter said:

Doe's anyone know whether most people learn how to play deepstack tournaments before playing cash tables?-- Must be a cheaper way to learn surely?

I'd imagine the majority of players start out in tournaments due to the attraction of a big score relative to their initial investment and also because your maximum loss is clearly defined and capped in any given game. This certainly isn't always the case though. With the exception of my very first few games, I have always played cash (for many years). It is only very recently that I have decided give tournaments a bash.

Although deepstack tournaments will give you a bit of extra experience in playing deeper, the differences are still significant enough that the only way to really 'learn' cash is to play cash.