You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Manipulitating The Sky Poker League + league Feedback

budgirlbudgirl Member Posts: 100
edited July 2009 in Poker Chat
OK, must of you know me, very rarely moan!!!
But we are going to have to do something about these little turbocharged stt tourneys, for a 2.10 entry u can play heads up for a 4 pound prize pool.  Best thing is, the winner gets 8 league points, the looser gets 6. So, in theory, a poor loosing player could win the league.
1 player has been playing em like mad, and over night racked up, 400+ league points, now thats not fair, me and antz, have been working hard playing dyms to stay up top, these tourney are russian roulettes with both players getting paid,

SKY PLEASE DO SOMETHING ASAP

or the incentive to try and win the league has gone

regrds

Steve      Budgirl

Comments

• GREGHOGGGREGHOGG Member Posts: 7,155
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Manipulitating The Sky Poker League:
    OK, must of you know me, very rarely moan!!! But we are going to have to do something about these little turbocharged stt tourneys, for a 2.10 entry u can play heads up for a 4 pound prize pool.  Best thing is, the winner gets 8 league points, the looser gets 6. So, in theory, a poor loosing player could win the league. 1 player has been playing em like mad, and over night racked up, 400+ league points, now thats not fair, me and antz, have been working hard playing dyms to stay up top, these tourney are russian roulettes with both players getting paid, SKY PLEASE DO SOMETHING ASAP or the incentive to try and win the league has gone regrds Steve      Budgirl
    Posted by budgirl
    Hi Steve,

I agree that in a HU game it seems a big silly for 2nd to get League points. These should only go 1st place really.

Gl at the tables m8

Greg
  • poon73poon73 Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2009

i agree that both players shouldnt get the points , should only be a the winner. it is abit like russian roulette comps getting poker points. but i do like the new supercharged heads up tourneys! why dont you play in them yourself budgirl?? they not gonna change the point structure now, not this month anyway , they all ready stated giving points for these supercharged tourneys so cant stop now. i can see your point though

• FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    Look at my post under community suggestions, called "changes to league??" I have made the same point but based on MTTs
  • michael900michael900 Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2009
    Lol, I take it you mean ckd.

He has played 150 odd in under a few days.

If he wins 50% and loses 50%, at the £2 games he plays thats an av of 7 points a time( 8 for 1st/ 6 for 2nd ).

He is going to walk the stt league table every month.

I agree it is an absolute joke and nothing but a cynical attempt by sky to increase the amount of rake they get.

A very similar thing operates in the mtt tourneys. Eg, every player that enters the NLH freezeouts is guaranteed points by virtue of the fact that virtually no-one enters them.

• mildot308mildot308 Member Posts: 21
    edited July 2009
    i agree 100%! for the heads to games it should be winner takes all. in the rest of the games i like the spread of points.
  • budgirlbudgirl Member Posts: 100
    edited July 2009
    Nice to see a couple of agreements, took me nearly three weeks to rack up 1600 points, ckd done a thousand in 24 hours,

i give up on this months league  LOL

thanks guys
    edited July 2009
    lmao, ckd has a 1000 point lead now for stts.

I think he was 5th 2 days ago.

I bet in a weeks time his lead is about 4000 at least lol.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League:
    Nice to see a couple of agreements, took me nearly three weeks to rack up 1600 points, ckd done a thousand in 24 hours, i give up on this months league  LOL thanks guys
    Posted by budgirl
    I feel for you budgirl.

You play an awful, awful lot on here and had a good little lead up until this last few days, and in the space of literally hours, it has gone.

Terrible imo.
  • Sky_BernSky_Bern Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2009

Hi,

Firstly, thank you for your feedback, it's great to get your views on Sky Poker.

Based on your feedback I have reviewed the awarding of league points for 2 player HU play, and as from today no league points will be awarded on any 2 player HU table. Obviously any that have already been awarded will have to stand for this month's league.

Kind regards,

Bernie

• SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited July 2009
    Hi, Firstly, thank you for your feedback, it's great to get your views on Sky Poker. Based on your feedback I have reviewed the awarding of league points for 2 player HU play, and as from today no league points will be awarded on any 2 player HU table. Obviously any that have already been awarded will have to stand for this month's league. Kind regards, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Ok First of all , I totally agree that league points should not be offered for 2nd position in a heads up tournament. However I strongly disagree that league points will now not be offered to any Heads up play for the winner, regardless of the structure.
    This means regardless of your ability, if you choose to play HU either in cash or in a tournament no league points are awarded. How is this Fair?  If you are a stong HU player  and prefer to play HU either in cash or in a tournament this means you will rarely if at all ever be part of the league?  So are sky putting forward that players who only play ring games will only be awarded League points? I personally think this is absolutely ridiculas, and really think this needs to be looked at!
    I also challenge anyone who comes forward with the ridiculas concept of saying that we can chose to play other games that offer league points, rather than Heads Up play, Because in no way should we be punished for playing HU as in my opinion it entails as much if not more skill than ring games!
    From a very dissatisfied customer.
    edited July 2009
    I agree with sharksbite to an extent.

However, I have watched about 30 of these new turbocharged games, and it is most definately NOT poker.

Most of the time its all in with any two, and they last 3 mins on average.

I do believe that points should be awarded for regular heads up games however.
    edited July 2009
    I agree with sharksbite to an extent. However, I have watched about 30 of these new turbocharged games, and it is most definately NOT poker. Most of the time its all in with any two, and they last 3 mins on average. I do believe that points should be awarded for regular heads up games however.
    Posted by michael900
    I disagree I have played 20 of these this morning at £21.00 level and have won 15 of them there is definatley more skill involved than luck just as in any other HU tournament if you are a stong enough player...It shouldnt matter whether it is a slow or a fast structure league points should still be offered to the winner at this level and again I challenge anyone who says these structures i.e the "turbocharged" are more luck than skill..come play me for 10 or so games then tell me its luck!
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League : I disagree I have played 20 of these this morning at £21.00 level and have won 15 of them there is definatley more skill involved than luck just as in any other HU tournament if you are a stong enough player...It shouldnt matter whether it is a slow or a fast structure league points should still be offered to the winner at this level and again I challenge anyone who says these structures i.e the "turbocharged" are more luck than skill..come play me for 10 or so games then tell me its luck!
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Meoww Naomi!! ;-)

I must say i was not wanting to go HU vs you in the deepstack lastnight. Sad you busted out, 3rd but happy in a way ;-)

Take care
    edited July 2009
    Mr Sky Bernie, where are you :) Id appreciate a response to this, as this is an important issue to myself and im sure to any other HU players on this site. Cash or Tournaments.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League : Meoww Naomi!! ;-)  I must say i was not wanting to go HU vs you in the deepstack lastnight. Sad you busted out, 3rd but happy in a way ;-)    Take care
    Posted by FlashFlush[/QUOT

Hi Mate..Ah your to kind lol, very well done you, thats 3 in a row right? well played, I may have a stab at it again this evening.
  • GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2009
    I am of the same opionion as Sharksbite. Not to award league points in any variation of HU tourney is beyond a joke.  I'm still very curious as to WHY league points are not awarded in any form of HU cash game.  HU IMO is a very skillful art of the game and we as players should be rewarded with points. Can sky not set up say another league to run along side STT, MTT and cash games, HU should be rewarded as do all the others.
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League : I disagree I have played 20 of these this morning at £21.00 level and have won 15 of them there is definatley more skill involved than luck just as in any other HU tournament if you are a stong enough player...It shouldnt matter whether it is a slow or a fast structure league points should still be offered to the winner at this level and again I challenge anyone who says these structures i.e the "turbocharged" are more luck than skill..come play me for 10 or so games then tell me its luck!
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Hmm, well I guess at that stake people would generally be taking them seriously.

I watched the 2.10/ 5.25 games and the play was an utter joke. You will have to take my word on it. There is very little skill in games that last, almost always, in under 3 mins. Which is what I observed.

Maybe just a few points could be awarded at that level, and more as the stakes increase.

• huuuuumehuuuuume Member Posts: 569
    edited July 2009

this is not a new issue to sky...i have emailed them on several occasions asking them to make changes to their heads up settings.

i play a lot of heads up on other sites but rarely play it on this site.  it is a disgrace that heads up players are not rewarded in any way towards the league.  there are more hands per hour heads up so therefore more rake per hour so why should heads up players not gain points towards the league?

maybe this forum will mean they stop ignoring the issue

edited July 2009
    Yes, and at the same time sort out the mtt points farce.

As I keep saying, everyone who enters the NLH freezeout games gets points as no-one plays them.

Hardly fair on those who battle their way through maybe 60 entrants to finish 6th, and then pick up no league points!

Imo, its a cynical, unfair way of encouraging people to enter the unpopular NLH freezeouts.

There are two particular players that are always at the very top of the mtt league because of this.

Nice for them to pick up that undeserved monthly bonus all the time eh?
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited July 2009

I cant believe it, your all moaning about something that's being given to you as a FREEROLL    .think yourselves lucky you   have the time to play here all day and night.

If i could change anything on here it would be to close this Free roll and put it toward a tournament as an Added Bonus for anyone to enter !!

benny