You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Manipulitating The Sky Poker League + league Feedback

13»

Comments

• budgirlbudgirl Member Posts: 100
    edited July 2009
    i trhink the objective has been lost a bit, how about 2 points for winner in 2.10, incrementing as the stakes get higher, that way would be faire, but only the winner getting paid.

DJ, absolutley spot on wi ur comments.  However, id want to win by playing the top players, that way id get a lot of satisfaction. ckd will win the league but will he get the respect for having polayed the best , i doubt it..

Thanks all
  • Sky_BernSky_Bern Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2009

Hi all,

Thanks for all your feedback and comments. I chose to wait for a few more points of view before replying.

Firstly I just want to clarify the issuing of league points for Heads Up game play – Until recently we have not given any league points for any heads up game play, and based on the earlier comments on this thread I removed them. This action by me has raised plenty of comment with some good questions coming to the fore:

Should we give the winner of a heads up game Poker League points, and if so how many? Should they get 1/3rd of the points normally awarded based on the fact that only 2 players take part as opposed to the normal 6+?  We need to be careful here because if we get it wrong we could bias the League in favour of Heads Up play.

There is a question raised with regard to the awarding of points in MTT games, in particular at the bottom end covering 2 – 20 players. This is an area that I am going to review and I will post an update on this later in the week.

A review of the League is required – Should we for instance look to change the weekly Freerolls into a monthly £2,000 tournament and open it up to more of the top STT, MTT and cash table players?

I would like to get as much feedback as possible on this so that we get it right ….

Kind regards,

Bernie

• bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited July 2009
    SKY BERNIE....   My top man ..!!  " You are the best" .. Give em nothing, let em eat Cake" !!!

• SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League:
    Hi all,   Thanks for all your feedback and comments. I chose to wait for a few more points of view before replying.   Firstly I just want to clarify the issuing of league points for Heads Up game play – Until recently we have not given any league points for any heads up game play, and based on the earlier comments on this thread I removed them. This action by me has raised plenty of comment with some good questions coming to the fore:   Should we give the winner of a heads up game Poker League points, and if so how many? Should they get 1/3rd of the points normally awarded based on the fact that only 2 players take part as opposed to the normal 6+?  We need to be careful here because if we get it wrong we could bias the League in favour of Heads Up play.   There is a question raised with regard to the awarding of points in MTT games, in particular at the bottom end covering 2 – 20 players. This is an area that I am going to review and I will post an update on this later in the week.   A review of the League is required – Should we for instance look to change the weekly Freerolls into a monthly £2,000 tournament and open it up to more of the top STT, MTT and cash table players?     I would like to get as much feedback as possible on this so that we get it right ….   Kind regards,   Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    Hi Bernie,
    Thank you for responding to this, I do understand that it needs to be reviewed very carefully, so not to get it wrong.
    Personally I do not think the league should be bias to either ring games or HU play. This is definately a tricky one to get right.
    My initial thoughts on this are as follows...
    Ok cash 1st. Dividing the league points HU by 3 would definately be welcome I think, 2 players as opposed to 6 divide by one third. Correct me if im wrong, I understand that there are 2 league points offered to every hand won above 25/50p for rings games with 3 or more players, now bearing in mind that with Hu Play the number of hands seen per hr probably increases how about offering 1/2  a point per winning hand in HU, this is then 1/4 of what you would win in ring, however factoring the number of hands played per hour  HU and the actual maths of dividing 2 points by one third, this then seems somewhat more viable and fair? and then apply the same to the lower stakes HU again with 1/4 of what a winning hand would get in a ring game?
    Now with tournament play, how about you set aside another catogory for HU, so you would then have mtts, sngs, Hu and cash points. I have no idea how you award the mtt League points and my brain is starting to hurt trying to work out the legistics so im not even going to attempt it.:)
    However based on the sng league points offered to ring tournaments why dont you apply the same principle as above?. I.E If for example a 22 sng offered the winner 12 league points(not sure if this is the exact amount) divide this number by a quarter for a HU tournament winner? and then obviously adjust the points accordingly to the level and stake played??
    These are just my thoughts, im sure there will be lots of different suggestions, and I look forward to reading them.
    Thanks again bernie for taking your time to look into this issue.
    Hope it can be resolved soon.
    Sharksbite.
    edited July 2009
      Sharksbite...Now even though you might think i'm taking the  p i s s,  as Dr Spock would say,

" That's quite logical and very feasible.... ahead warp factor 9 Captain Bernie," !! 

"and don't let 'The Clingon's bit ya bum"

Very good Sharksbite !!
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    Hi all,   Thanks for all your feedback and comments. I chose to wait for a few more points of view before replying.   Firstly I just want to clarify the issuing of league points for Heads Up game play – Until recently we have not given any league points for any heads up game play, and based on the earlier comments on this thread I removed them. This action by me has raised plenty of comment with some good questions coming to the fore:   Should we give the winner of a heads up game Poker League points, and if so how many? Should they get 1/3rd of the points normally awarded based on the fact that only 2 players take part as opposed to the normal 6+?  We need to be careful here because if we get it wrong we could bias the League in favour of Heads Up play.   There is a question raised with regard to the awarding of points in MTT games, in particular at the bottom end covering 2 – 20 players. This is an area that I am going to review and I will post an update on this later in the week.   A review of the League is required – Should we for instance look to change the weekly Freerolls into a monthly £2,000 tournament and open it up to more of the top STT, MTT and cash table players?     I would like to get as much feedback as possible on this so that we get it right ….   Kind regards,   Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie

At the moment the league is split 3 ways with MTT, STT and cash... but there is also prizes for overall, now in my opinion these points are not spread evenly... in cash if you are getting 2 points per hand won, then after winning 6 hands you have 12 points, .. Now some MTTs all you get for winning the whole trny is 12 points, and you need to win a lot more than 6 hands to win an MTT!!! If the league is going to carry on playing all the variations against each other then either the cash games needs to havea BIG drop in points or the MTT's need a BIG increase... The MTTs need such an increase IMO that you should get 80 points (same as an open win) for winning a regular trny (as long as it is more than say 20 runners) I also think the points should be Player dependant and not automaticly top 5, as some on the trnys only have 4 runners, which many players take advantage of... As it stands no STT or MTT players have any chance of winning the overal league and therefor looses all its competition... Agreed cash players will pay ALOT! more on rake but thats part of the game and i dont think that should be shown in the league.
     As for HU well i dont play just HU so i wont comment on that as i dont know all the facts!
    Personally i think the league should be 3 SEPERATE cattagories and not placed in 1 big league. 
    The league could become very competative if it followed a structure like on other sites.... (See my thread in community suggestions called "Changes to league??")  All MTT points should be Buyin/Entry dependant which i have shown on my thread i have mentioned

Cheers

Flash
  • SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League :  At the moment the league is split 3 ways with MTT, STT and cash... but there is also prizes for overall, now in my opinion these points are not spread evenly... in cash if you are getting 2 points per hand won, then after winning 6 hands you have 12 points, .. Now some MTTs all you get for winning the whole trny is 12 points, and you need to win a lot more than 6 hands to win an MTT!!! If the league is going to carry on playing all the variations against each other then either the cash games needs to havea BIG drop in points or the MTT's need a BIG increase... The MTTs need such an increase IMO that you should get 80 points (same as an open win) for winning a regular trny (as long as it is more than say 20 runners) I also think the points should be Player dependant and not automaticly top 5, as some on the trnys only have 4 runners, which many players take advantage of... As it stands no STT or MTT players have any chance of winning the overal league and therefor looses all its competition... Agreed cash players will pay ALOT! more on rake but thats part of the game and i dont think that should be shown in the league.  As for HU well i dont play just HU so i wont comment on that as i dont know all the facts! Personally i think the league should be 3 SEPERATE cattagories and not placed in 1 big league.  The league could become very competative if it followed a structure like on other sites.... (See my thread in community suggestions called "Changes to league??")  All MTT points should be Buyin/Entry dependant which i have shown on my thread i have mentioned  Cheers  Flash
    Posted by FlashFlush
    The only point I would make regarding 2 points per hand won in cash and only receiving 12 points per won tournament in an mtt is this, With cash although you are able to get 12 points after 6 hands, these 6 hands you could be potentially risking 6 buy ins, now I know that is to the extreme, but affectively you are risking more in way of your BR, as opposed to mtts where the buy in is perhaps £10 or £20. I know there is the point that you are probably spending 2 or so hours in the mtt, however cash sessions can also be the same. I do see your point though...I dont envy the poor guys who have to deal with this :)
  • BANDICOOTBANDICOOT Member Posts: 675
    edited July 2009
    thanks mike for your continued support of this idea
  • Sky_BernSky_Bern Member Posts: 31
    edited July 2009

Hi,

As promised I am still keep a watching eye on this thread - Thanks to Flash and Mike for highlighting your previous post regarding the league; I will ensure all these comments, and replies to them, are put in the mix.

Keep the ideas coming..

All the best,

Bernie

• poon73poon73 Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League + league Feedback:
    Hi, As promised I am still keep a watching eye on this thread - Thanks to Flash and Mike for highlighting your previous post regarding the league; I will ensure all these comments, and replies to them, are put in the mix. Keep the ideas coming.. All the best, Bernie
    Posted by Sky_Bernie
    hi

skypoker league is qiute fair, if your playing high takes cash games you should get the most points because they are getting winnings raked more. wotever is changed with the league points you will always get someone having a moan. you did take away league points for the supercharged heads up which was correct. keep it the sameas it is now

pooney
  • mickjenn1mickjenn1 Member Posts: 740
    edited July 2009
    this is wat am talkin about 2 players in 11quid freezeout and u get 30points there was only 2 people in the game, look wat i got for winnin  the 3 0 clock mtt 10 points,mickjenn11£86 + 10 League Points64500 jacey2£53.75 + 8 League Points0 hanny353£32.25 + 6 League Points0 DUMBOY4£23.65 + 4 League Points0 Nutsless5£19.35 + 2 League Points0
    edited July 2009
     Mickjenn   your right of course  .. "Who can ya turn to"  !!   

Very well  done on the win though ..  niceeeee
  • michael900michael900 Member Posts: 84
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League + league Feedback:
    this is wat am talkin about 2 players in 11quid freezeout and u get 30points there was only 2 people in the game, look wat i got for winnin  the 3 0 clock mtt 10 points, mickjenn1 1 £86 + 10 League Points 64500   jacey 2 £53.75 + 8 League Points 0   hanny35 3 £32.25 + 6 League Points 0   DUMBOY 4 £23.65 + 4 League Points 0   Nutsless 5 £19.35 + 2 League Points 0
    Posted by mickjenn1

Yes, this is exactly my point.

Very, very unfair.
  • Sky_AdamSky_Adam Member Posts: 419
    edited July 2009

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your posts and comments, as always you make some very valid points. Getting the right balance in awarding league points between Cash, MTT and STT's is always going to be difficult and we have done our best to be as fair as possible to players at all stakes and all game types.

However, the main issue highlighted in this post surrounds MTT's with very few runners, in which all players are receiving large amounts of league points "just for turning up" which we are all in agreement is not a fair way to handle it.

You'll be pleased to know that we will be implementing changes to how the league points are awarded in these situations, which will make it fairer to all, with league points being awarded at a similar rate and to a similar no. of players as a Sit & Go with a comparable number of runners. We will also be reviewing the weekly £500 freerolls and the potential to award league points for heads up Sit & Go's and/or Heads Up Cash games. 

Sharksbite: Thanks for your ideas regarding heads up play in particular, we'll be taking that on board, although there may be limitations to what can be achieved in such a short space of time, i'm not sure it's technically possible to award 1/2 league points at this moment.

Flash: We'll taken on board all the points made on your thread too, but again we may be limited to what is technically possible in the short term.

The changes will come into affect from the 1st August, some of which are yet to be decided and we will communicate this to you all in full detail through community posts, emails and regular news sections of the website.

Thank You once again for all your comments on this thread

Regards

Adam

• huuuuumehuuuuume Member Posts: 569
    edited July 2009

whatever changes you make please ensure that there are points for heads up cash games.
    not fussed about how many but make sure there are some