You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Manipulitating The Sky Poker League + league Feedback

Comments

• SharksbiteSharksbite Member Posts: 146
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League:
      I cant believe it, your all moaning about something that's being given to you as a FREEROLL    .think yourselves lucky you   have the time to play here all day and night. If i could change anything on here it would be to close this Free roll and put it toward a tournament as an Added Bonus for anyone to enter !! benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    Bennydip, you are totally missing the point.
    Regardless of whether or not the league is a freeroll, the way the points are disributed, should be fair for all players.
    Tournament/Cash Players, HU/Ring players.
    And as for "lucky you have the time to play here all day and night"  some actually regard poker as a source of income and indeed see it as any other job, that is a very ignorant thing to say, not everyone plays for recreation or fun, although, yes, everyone does have the choice.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    All those annoyed about the MTT points problem we have please visit my thread under community suggestions its called "changes to the league??" show it some love and then something might be done
    edited July 2009
    All those annoyed about the MTT points problem we have please visit my thread under community suggestions its called "changes to the league??" show it some love and then something might be done
    Posted by FlashFlush
    I Think as a whole, the League needs to be reviewed, in all areas...I will come and have a read of your thread now:)
  • bennydip2bennydip2 Member Posts: 2,093
    edited July 2009

Sharksbite ..believe me... I  played LIVE poker for a living   from 1991 -2003 around 12 years in total .
    Traveled the world and loved every minuet....

Ive also known alot of people who think they can make a living online playing 12 to 18 hours a day ... at the end of a year the best ones made around 5k and never moved outside their front door -- sad -- what a way to live  ?..    

But you carry on trying to grind out a living online, i'll carry on playing for fun . !!

glk  Over time, i think your going to need it ..   :)
    edited July 2009
    Sharksbite ..believe me... I  played LIVE poker for a living   from 1991 -2003 around 12 years in total . Traveled the world and loved every minuet.... Ive also known alot of people who think they can make a living online playing 12 to 18 hours a day ... at the end of a year the best ones made around 5k and never moved outside their front door -- sad -- what a way to live  ?..     But you carry on trying to grind out a living online, i'll carry on playing for fun . !! glk  Over time, i think your going to need it ..   :)
    Posted by bennydip2
    Right ok, very constructive comments, well done you! like I said ignorance, but you carry on and live in your own dream world of thinking that even the very best online players can only make 5k per annum.
  • FlashFlushFlashFlush Member Posts: 4,494
    edited July 2009
    Sharksbite ..believe me... I  played LIVE poker for a living   from 1991 -2003 around 12 years in total . Traveled the world and loved every minuet.... Ive also known alot of people who think they can make a living online playing 12 to 18 hours a day ... at the end of a year the best ones made around 5k and never moved outside their front door -- sad -- what a way to live  ?..     But you carry on trying to grind out a living online, i'll carry on playing for fun . !! glk  Over time, i think your going to need it ..   :)
    Posted by bennydip2
    Maybe for some benny, but with an ROI of   -21%   i can see why you struggle.... ok you may be more of a cash player, but looking at your stats if it wasnt for your win in the primo (which well done for) you would be minus almost 3k over 1000 games... not the stats you want if you are a 12 yr pro.....
  • JAMIEPJAMIEP Member Posts: 218
    edited July 2009
    Posted by bennydip2
    Sorry mate that 5k a year mark is worst comment i ever seen the best internet players ie durrr ivey antionius galfond make millions even normal people would beat 5k a year that if you think best players only make £416 a month you have a lot to learn my friend average players beat that by a comfatable distance.
    edited July 2009
    You guys  are cracking me up ... This is not the only site i play  .. and  not the only alias i play under .. check all you want on shark-scope and make all the notes on players  you like..
    However if you want a game of Hi Lo stud or Hi/lo Omaha, or  7 card stud  pot limit or limit  let  me know i'll be there :)

Off course some people make a living online,   around .005% !!!  
     Tell me you've made a nice living at online poker in 5  years time .... you wont,  because they'll be a new generation of 'wanna bee's like you..
     And name me some players British, who were around the online game 5 years ago and are still here today  ?? ,
     i could but not many ..  !!
    Still you Pro's in the "league' carry on looking for your Free-roll hand-outs and crying cos the points aren't fair..
    boo boo sob sob

glk benny
    edited July 2009
      Ohh  the silence is deafening !!  In fact you could hear an Angel fly over now  !!

!!
    edited July 2009
    Yo benny that was my first post on this thread i don't play league games or freerolls etc and havent once commented on that if you check on this thread.I just wanted to point out that you were wrong that the best online players make 5k a year plus you don't do yourself any favours trying to make players like sharksbite look  stupid she is a far better player than you will ever be and she would easily make more than treble than 5k a year playing poker i would bet my car on that lol.
    edited July 2009
      Jamie ...Look i'm not belittling anyone ..
       I'm sure Sharksbite is a very good player, however ive played with some of the best Live players around,  Barney and Ross  Boatman, Ram Vaswani, Richard Ashby , Simon Trumper and the Great (late) Hamish Shah, who was the best in my opinion this country has ever seen ....   All and many others,    ive had the pleasure to be able to call poker mates  ..  so maybe one day you'll you'll be able to look at your poker life and be able to remember some great players the way i can .and even know you can sit in the same game as these guys  ...

I dont really know what to say to you about one player being better than another,   your only as good as your last hand !! So   i guess i'll see you here in  5  years .. sigh

glk benny
    edited July 2009
      Jamie ...Look i'm not belittling anyone ..    I'm sure Sharksbite is a very good player, however ive played with some of the best Live players around,  Barney and Ross  Boatman, Ram Vaswani, Richard Ashby , Simon Trumper and the Great (late) Hamish Shah, who was the best in my opinion this country has ever seen ....   All and many others,    ive had the pleasure to be able to call poker mates  ..  so maybe one day you'll you'll be able to look at your poker life and be able to remember some great players the way i can .and even know you can sit in the same game as these guys  ... I dont really know what to say to you about one player being better than another,   your only as good as your last hand !! So   i guess i'll see you here in  5  years .. sigh glk benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    Ok mate no worries your post came across that way to me lets forget about it.Next time you see rich ashby ask him if he makes more than 5k a year online lol he is very good at plo when i watch him on his sponsored site which i will leave unamed out of respect for the sky forum.
  • djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited July 2009
    CkD I salute you,

i think he must have used his brain,and worked out how to maximise the points,he did nothing wrong,and i agree it should be taken care of,but surely these are the type of people you want a game against? Cunning :)
    people only moaning who didnt think of it first!!

So yes i agree Totally unfair , but CkD i shall always think you scored one for intelligent play.....

edited July 2009
      Ahh  ok.  at least  you know where  i'm coming from .. So if ever your at Luton,  me and you can have a drink together and Richard will be there next week for the Grosvenor Tour   , he comes cheap  he only drinks squash   :))   glk

PS  yes Richard is a winning player,(online and Live) he started at Luton as well    Ive been to Barcelona and Austria in the EPT's with him ..   :)).
  • djblacke04djblacke04 Member Posts: 1,778
    edited July 2009
    You guys  are cracking me up ... This is not the only site i play  .. and  not the only alias i play under .. check all you want on shark-scope and make all the notes on players  you like.. However if you want a game of Hi Lo stud or Hi/lo Omaha, or  7 card stud  pot limit or limit  let  me know i'll be there :)  Off course some people make a living online,   around .005% !!!    Tell me you've made a nice living at online poker in 5  years time .... you wont,  because they'll be a new generation of 'wanna bee's like you..  And name me some players British, who were around the online game 5 years ago and are still here today  ?? ,  i could but not many ..  !! Still you Pro's in the "league' carry on looking for your Free-roll hand-outs and crying cos the points aren't fair.. boo boo sob sob glk benny
    Posted by bennydip2
    ill play you for any stakes HU omaha high or 7 card stud...on a site of my choice
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League : ill play you for any stakes HU omaha high or 7 card stud...on a site of my choice
    Posted by djblacke04
     hmm  ok  7 Stud
  • GliterBabeGliterBabe Member Posts: 361
    edited July 2009
    Amazing how this thread has turned into a " i'll play you anytime, any limit, anytime , any game ", come on guys and gals. Sorry more importantly come on SKY POKER SUITS!!!!!!

Benny your living in cloud cockoo land i'm afraid. The post isn't about how to grind out a living FT and earn 5k a year ( wish i was that good ), but for sky to sort out this debarcle!!!!!
    edited July 2009
    Amazing how this thread has turned into a " i'll play you anytime, any limit, anytime , any game ", come on guys and gals. Sorry more importantly come on SKY POKER SUITS!!!!!! Benny your living in cloud cockoo land i'm afraid. The post isn't about how to grind out a living FT and earn 5k a year ( wish i was that good ), but for sky to sort out this debarcle!!!!!
    Posted by GliterBabe
    Well Said GB! Im very dissapointed that sky have still not responded to the issues here.!!
  • razorkevrazorkev Member Posts: 1,364
    edited July 2009
    hi naomi,,think ur questions seriously need too b answered by sky very soon you are a very respected cash player they would be silly to lose your custom,,cmon sky respond to sharksbite ...also im hopefully gonna get my own blog for these reasons.. on a personal level naomi i think ur right in what you say but think sky are trying to benefit players with points for no apparent reason..hope you r all well ..b lukkky and have fun
  • Sky_RichSky_Rich Member Posts: 3,837
    edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Manipulitating The Sky Poker League : Well Said GB! Im very dissapointed that sky have still not responded to the issues here.!!
    Posted by Sharksbite
    Hi guys,

Just a quick note to say that we are looking into this right now and Bernie will be making a response shortly. Thanks again for all your fantastic comments and ideas - we really love to receive them

Rich