You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Show us your grind station.....

Comments

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,355
    Great thread idea.
    Here's mine right this second.

• Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921
    Cheers Chris. Might have to get myself one of those.

Haha Hendrik. Looks a bit chirpy to be Paul. Does the money come firing out the printer? A Paulo Wanchope poster would have sealed it.
  • Options

Good thread idea - especially enjoyable for nosy g*ts like me :).

I'm a man who likes his comforts and so have a sofa-based setup. It's quite the antithesis of the standing desk jobbie my missus has going on in our office (which could well explain why my bo*bs are bigger than hers :D).

I'm impressed, where did you buy the monitor holding arms setup thingies ?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    mumsie said:

I'm a man who likes his comforts and so have a sofa-based setup. It's quite the antithesis of the standing desk jobbie my missus has going on in our office (which could well explain why my bo*bs are bigger than hers :D).

I so wish they marketed them like this :D.

They're gas sprung which makes them really easy to move around at will. The whole thing also folds away very tidily too. £80 at amazon:

https://amazon.co.uk/Duronic-DM652-Powered-Monitor-Warranty/dp/B00OZUJ6M4/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1522341372&sr=8-7&keywords=duronic+monitor+stand+dual
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    mumsie said:

Cooool.
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,223
    mumsie said:

Great thread idea.
    Here's mine right this second.

What is that wee Dewalt thingy ? Im not up on tech but I wouldnt mind one of them to take to the pub instead of the wife.
  • Options
    @rabdeniro its a charger thing that goes over a drill battery. I think I paid £23 a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79wmZEkTAEA
  • Options
    bump for reggietime @THE_DON__ ?
  • Options
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Good find @mumsie :).

My set up is still basically the same as pictured above but it would be cool to resurrect this thread and have other post their grind stations. Mumsie's elegantly simple phone + pint combo still takes some beating imo!
  • Options
    DonttelmumDonttelmum Member Posts: 1,921

Good find @mumsie :).

My set up is still basically the same as pictured above but it would be cool to resurrect this thread and have other post their grind stations. Mumsie's elegantly simple phone + pint combo still takes some beating imo!

and the fact that he's in Spoons getting drinks delivered to his table
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    edited April 2020

I don't have a swanky office like DTM, I have to make do with a corner of the lounge and a tiny desk. It does the job though.

I like to be comfortable when I play, especially when I spend such long periods stuck in the same spot, so I have extra cushions for the armrests, a cushion on the floor for my feet (wood floor), and a heated blanked hidden under the desk for when it gets colder in the middle of the night when the rest of the family are sleeping and the heating turns down.

The screen is a 30" 4k one. It doesn't help with making the desk look any bigger, but I can happily fit 16 tables without much overlap, which is the max I like to play.

The 2 figures are slash and Jimi Hendrix, my 2 favourite guitarists - I like to dabble in my spare time, although that has happened less since my 2 kids were born.

Headphones are a Biggie for me too, I'm a bit of an audiophile and listen non stop while I play. These ones are open back Philips ones, and obviously super comfy to wear for long periods.

• Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397

I don't have a swanky office like DTM, I have to make do with a corner of the lounge and a tiny desk. It does the job though.

I like to be comfortable when I play, especially when I spend such long periods stuck in the same spot, so I have extra cushions for the armrests, a cushion on the floor for my feet (wood floor), and a heated blanked hidden under the desk for when it gets colder in the middle of the night when the rest of the family are sleeping and the heating turns down.

The screen is a 30" 4k one. It doesn't help with making the desk look any bigger, but I can happily fit 16 tables without much overlap, which is the max I like to play.

The 2 figures are slash and Jimi Hendrix, my 2 favourite guitarists - I like to dabble in my spare time, although that has happened less since my 2 kids were born.

Headphones are a Biggie for me too, I'm a bit of an audiophile and listen non stop while I play. These ones are open back Philips ones, and obviously super comfy to wear for long periods.

@chicknMelt

Being a bit of a minimalist that looks like an cracking setup to me.

Currently on the look out for a new monitor and maybe even a completely new setup altogether.

What monitor do you have? Any particular makers you prefer?

What is the most tables you can display with the lobby showing?

Did you think of buying a curved monitor before settling on that one?

I know I may not get all these questions answered but you can only try :wink:

Cammy
  • Options
    bigfatfishbigfatfish Member Posts: 39
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319

Blimey @bigfatfish now that's a set-up.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    edited April 2020

Nice and simple for me.

The iPad usually controls Spotify as I have music on for about 99% of my life (usually David Bowie; there's a giant poster of him not pictured on the wall to my right). Couple of vapes to keep me off the ****—almost a year now since I quit a 15 year habit. A few other silly things.

My desktop wallpaper is my Animal Crossing character sitting on a bidet. Totally normal stuff.

The whiteboard on the wall is a recent addition which I find quite handy for making notes regarding my teaching and assignments and a few poker-y things. (I've had to block out most of its contents as it contains some personal stuff.)
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Chcknmelt and nostri have the setups here.

Bigfatfish, that is a cracking setup. What are you using as a pc or laptop there?

Would assume it has a good engine.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    i'll post mine up when my monitor arrives :)

@bigfatfish how the **** can you play that mamny sky tables with no timebank?

Mind = Blown
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    Cammykaze said:

@chicknMelt

Being a bit of a minimalist that looks like an cracking setup to me.

Currently on the look out for a new monitor and maybe even a completely new setup altogether.

What monitor do you have? Any particular makers you prefer?

What is the most tables you can display with the lobby showing?

Did you think of buying a curved monitor before settling on that one?

I know I may not get all these questions answered but you can only try :wink:

Cammy
    Thanks Cammy.

I didn't have any criteria for the monitor other than I wanted it to be big and 4k, so I just picked one that had decent specs for the price.

You can actually fit 24 sky tables- just tested. So around 18-20 with the lobby showing too.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014

Here is my setup. I had planned on getting 2 monitors but I had to have the setup in the corner of our bedroom and therefore the desk isn't big enough for a 2nd. The one I have is more than enough though. 32" 4k that can also fit 24 tables on with no overlap (not that I will ever play that many).

The key piece of equipment though is my "Ring for Beer" bell. It's been getting a lot of use during lockdown.