You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Brexit

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,338

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

“Energy prices falling”
    Last week we had our yearly statement , the price to remain on the same terms increased substantially , we obviously shopped around to get a better deal, none were better.
    I’d like to know if anyone’s household energy prices have fallen lately.

Note this : " Energy prices fell because of Ofgem's energy price cap which came into effect from 1 January 2019, the ONS said."
    Is the price of my energy bill capped?

Do price caps affect me?
    Price caps apply if you:

Are on a default energy tariff (including standard variable tariffs)open key term pop-up
    Get the government's Warm Home Discountopen key term pop-up and are on a default energy tariff.
    Have a prepayment energy meteropen key term pop-up.

Not everyone’s energy tariff is price capped. They don’t apply if:

You are on a fixed-term energy tariff
    You actively chose to sign up to a renewable energy tariff (standard variable) which Ofgem has exempted from the cap

That prob answers your question ? The part bolded directly above ^^
    Npower is the latest major energy provider to raise bills following Ofgem’s decision to increase its industry-wide price cap.
    The company will hike prices by 10 per cent, a move that will affect 1 million customers on Npower’s standard variable tariff.
    Prepayment meter customers will also see bills increasing, by around 9 per cent on average, with the changes set to take effect from 1 April.
    Rik Smith, energy expert at uSwitch.com, said: “It’s third time unlucky for energy customers as another of the Big Six suppliers has announced it will be pricing up to the new cap level.
    “These announcements are coming like clockwork, shattering the myth that the cap is guaranteeing a good deal for customers on standard tariffs.”
    Npower’s announcement follows similar moves by E.On and EDF since Ofgem revealed that the energy price cap is going up.
    The cap, which was introduced in January at £1,137, will rise by £117 for customers on default tariffs, including standard variable tariffs on 1 April. The cap for pre-payment meter customers will also increase, by £106 to £1,242 per year. The change will affect around 15 million households.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/npower-becomes-latest-energy-provider-083600652.html
    Blame Ofgem for pricing the cap too high . The energy companies are there to make money and operate within the regulatory stipulations.
    You were arguing that prices are coming down?
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Afternoon RM .....think they will have to be renamed , The glass half empty gang.
    The reality of it is , when all of this is over , and we are 10 years down the line and out of Europe and the apocalypse hasn't happened , they will still find something to moan about . :/
  • Options

Afternoon RM .....think they will have to be renamed , The glass half empty gang.
    The reality of it is , when all of this is over , and we are 10 years down the line and out of Europe and the apocalypse hasn't happened , they will still find something to moan about . :/

project fear
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726

tomgoodun said:

“Energy prices falling”
    Last week we had our yearly statement , the price to remain on the same terms increased substantially , we obviously shopped around to get a better deal, none were better.

Note this : " Energy prices fell because of Ofgem's energy price cap which came into effect from 1 January 2019, the ONS said."

Do price caps affect me?
    Price caps apply if you:

Are on a default energy tariff (including standard variable tariffs)open key term pop-up
    Get the government's Warm Home Discountopen key term pop-up and are on a default energy tariff.

You actively chose to sign up to a renewable energy tariff (standard variable) which Ofgem has exempted from the cap

Thanks for the info Dobie, most appreciated
    We are on a fixed term energy contract.
    It rose, as did the other fixed term contracts we looked at .

Back to Brexit 😊
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

“Energy prices falling”

Do price caps affect me?
    Price caps apply if you:

Thanks for the info Dobie, most appreciated
    We are on a fixed term energy contract.
    It rose, as did the other fixed term contracts we looked at .

Back to Brexit 😊
    So does that mean prices haven't come down?
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

“Energy prices falling”

Do price caps affect me?
    Price caps apply if you:

Npower is the latest major energy provider to raise bills following Ofgem’s decision to increase its industry-wide price cap.
    The company will hike prices by 10 per cent, a move that will affect 1 million customers on Npower’s standard variable tariff.
    Prepayment meter customers will also see bills increasing, by around 9 per cent on average, with the changes set to take effect from 1 April.
    Rik Smith, energy expert at uSwitch.com, said: “It’s third time unlucky for energy customers as another of the Big Six suppliers has announced it will be pricing up to the new cap level.
    “These announcements are coming like clockwork, shattering the myth that the cap is guaranteeing a good deal for customers on standard tariffs.”
    Npower’s announcement follows similar moves by E.On and EDF since Ofgem revealed that the energy price cap is going up.
    The cap, which was introduced in January at £1,137, will rise by £117 for customers on default tariffs, including standard variable tariffs on 1 April. The cap for pre-payment meter customers will also increase, by £106 to £1,242 per year. The change will affect around 15 million households.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/npower-becomes-latest-energy-provider-083600652.html
    Blame Ofgem for pricing the cap too high . The energy companies are there to make money and operate within the regulatory stipulations.
    I'm not arguing anything , If you have problems with the validity of the article I quoted , I suggest you take it up with BBC news .
  • Options
    rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    Poland could be the next Nation to give its people a referendum.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

“Energy prices falling”

Do price caps affect me?
    Price caps apply if you:

I'm not arguing anything , If you have problems with the validity of the article I quoted , I suggest you take it up with BBC news .
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

“Energy prices falling”

Do price caps affect me?
    Price caps apply if you:

My local shop has put his prices up on certain items, when i asked him the reason he replied for more profit (not BREXIT).
  • Options

James O'Brien destroyed about Brexit Forecasts & Project Fear

Always nice to see this arrogant so and so getting owned by a caller :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI9EsT32vXo

Really?
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

“Energy prices falling”

Do price caps affect me?
    Price caps apply if you:

Some of the content was obviously premature.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Jcyjn196lf0
    This is the Demoracy remoaners want for GREAT BRITAIN, sounds more like fascism to me.
  • Options

By Phoebe Cooke
    13th February 2019, 8:23 amUpdated: 13th February 2019, 9:15 am
    BANK of England chief Mark Carney has now admitted Brexit could spark a golden era of trade - just months after his "Project Fear" doom-mongering.

The Governor previously stoked concerns over a No Deal by conjuring up an apocalyptic vision of crashing house prices, a tumbling Pound and soaring inflation rates.

Mark Carney made a sharp departure from his normal tone when he suggested Britain could be more democratic post-BrexitREUTERS
    Mark Carney made a sharp departure from his normal tone when he suggested Britain could be more democratic post-Brexit
    Get the best Sun stories with our daily Sun10 newsletter
    Your information will be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Enter your email address here...
    The Bank even claimed unemployment could rise by more than 1million in a worst case scenario - and that workers would quit post-Brexit in their thousands.

But in a dramatic shift of tone, Carney now says Brexit could be a springboard to a "new global order" of free trade.

“Brexit can lead to a new form of international cooperation and cross-border commerce built on a better balance of local and supranational authorities," he said at an event in London yesterday.

He said it would be “the first test of a new global order and could prove the acid test of whether a way can be found to broaden the benefits of openness, while enhancing democratic accountability”.

[Brexit] could be the first test of a new global order and could prove the acid test of whether a way can be found to broaden the benefits of openness, while enhancing democratic accountability

Governor Mark Carney, Bank Of England
    The Governor also suggested Brexit could aid democracy by shifting from "prescriptive supranational rules" such as those set out by the EU, to "more differentiated, national approaches to achieve common outcomes".

But he did say that the economy had not grown since the Referendum, and warned that a trade war could have a major affect on growth.

Carney was accused three months ago of whipping up "Project Hysteria" when he said a chaotic no-deal could land the UK in a deep recession, that house prices would crash by 30 per cent and the pound would crash below the US dollar.

And just days ago he warned about the mounting risk of a recession in the event the UK leaves the EU without a trade deal on March 29.

But yesterday he appeared to blast the fears he has himself in part promoted, saying: “Concerns are already impairing investment, jobs and growth - creating a dynamic that could become self-fulfilling.”

Carney, who campaigned for Britain to remain in the EU, has previously defended his stance, insisting his job was not to to offer optimism but prepare the City and Britain’s banks to weather the worst possible outcome.

Project fears falling apart. :D:D:D
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/uamw1R-qqwg
    Jump in Italy, the waters fine.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/xjVVYRVhN0Q
    You know you are on the right team, when abbott is on the opposing team. :D:D:D
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726

I suggest you look up her voting record on Health and Social care, etc etc

Jacob Rees Mogg a “ Man of the People”, and you’re on the opposing team to Diane Abbot speaks volumes...
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    tomgoodun said:

Jacob Rees Mogg a “ Man of the People”, and you’re on the opposing team to Diane Abbot speaks volumes...
    Good afternoon Tom, i am still waiting for you to tell haysie to behave after his snide comments to Dobie.
    Also concerning abbott she is a racist, so i will always oppose her.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,849
    Type your comment

tomgoodun said:

Good afternoon Tom, i am still waiting for you to tell haysie to behave after his snide comments to Dobie.
    Also concerning abbott she is a racist, so i will always oppose her.
    @rainman215

Let's not start with the school playground stuff again Rainy.

@tomgoodun = please don't respond to these constant petty jibes, it does not advance the debate one iota.

TIA to you both.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/Ne1c-SDxHzY
    GREAT BRITAIN will be first of many.