You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

getting fed up with this site

benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
starting to think after 8 years its time to give up on this site. just recently(last half year) ive noticed so many things that just don't seem true to digest. for example, the amount of times a flop is a flush, almost 1 in 10 hands, I'm sure you stats guys will say that doesn't conform to a good programming of the RCG. also, every time I make a big cash withdraw, for days the worst cards come out with the worst luck, don't get me wrong I don't mind losing as my wins are greater, just what I'm saying it just seems strange that this happens. I really do genuinely believe that there may be an issue with the software, to many bad hands are calling and always hitting and winning as if they cans see the cards face up plus they know the outcome, and I'm not talking about the hands I'm playing in before anyone says I'm a bad/sore loser.
I think when I find a new site I'm happy with I shall be moving, id rather not as ive been on here and only here for 8 years. it just doesn't seem balanced

Comments

• MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    How do you not know that the RGC is not benefiting you and the reason you are winning more than you are losing?
  • benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
    you clearly didn't read the post properly
  • F_IvanovicF_Ivanovic Member Posts: 2,395
    So what benefit would sky have from somehow fixing what cards would come? They get money in the form of rake either way so why would they risk doing something that would tarnish the reputation of their company as well as likely facing a lot of legal consequences?
  • glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    If you feel that way, play more suited cards ! I do not think this site is any better or worse than others for the system used, but it does have one of the best communities .
    Not everyone like one another but most give respect and are very helpful in sharing
    strategies , good luck if you move on .
  • waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Sky's software is awful, it's no secret. Yet you seem to think it has the ability to single out people who have withdrawn money and then give them a run of shocking cards. Seriously?

• goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,486
    New Guy's coming on stream all the time, they come from free play or practice where any two calling is order of the day. I found if I deposit (some how) I keep winning.
    Spooky! for a while that is.? Stay with the Devil you know. gl
  • JJBinksJJBinks Member Posts: 440
    edited May 2018
    you can run bad day after day, every one gets the same cards and same spots at the end of the years sample, its how you deal with the run bad that makes a difference in long term win rates - it is just variance and mental game is a massive part of winning in poker,

people look for other reasons for things not going the way they expect, rng is rigged, now I have cashed out my run bad starts, you hear it every day, but in real terms it is just variance.

all the best hope things work for you but would say look to get some good books or info on poker mindset it would really help you in the long run.
  • TheMadMonkTheMadMonk Member Posts: 291
    See players posting things like this all the time,on every site.
    You never need to worry about about the software being rigged,hands hit the amount of times they are meant to hit,
    It's a game of chance,some days the cards fall for you some they dont,that's poker, all you can do is try and make as few mistakes as possible,and get the chips in good,the rest is luck,which no one can control.
  • benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
    kind of enjoying read these posts, still surprised that some actually haven't clearly read the post. nearly all are observations without me being involved in the hand. and as ive said in the post I win more than I lose with a profit of easily 25% per week luckily, odd bad week now and then but don't we all. also I never mentioned the word rigged and nor was I implying rigged, after playing over a million hands I'm astute enough to notice odd changes which could be questioned with the programming of the rcg. no one has come back with the stats of flush on the flop 1 in 10 hands. these aren't hands that I'm involved in, these are observations . there is a good point someone mentioned about depositing money and then hitting good which iv experienced just equally as withdrawing and hitting bad. and again like I said ive been playing on this site 8 years and its only this year that ive noticed these oddities, its not a moan, its an actual factual observation from someone who would like to consider himself quite a smart chap.
    thanks for the replies
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

kind of enjoying read these posts, still surprised that some actually haven't clearly read the post. nearly all are observations without me being involved in the hand. and as ive said in the post I win more than I lose with a profit of easily 25% per week luckily, odd bad week now and then but don't we all. also I never mentioned the word rigged and nor was I implying rigged, after playing over a million hands I'm astute enough to notice odd changes which could be questioned with the programming of the rcg. no one has come back with the stats of flush on the flop 1 in 10 hands. these aren't hands that I'm involved in, these are observations . there is a good point someone mentioned about depositing money and then hitting good which iv experienced just equally as withdrawing and hitting bad. and again like I said ive been playing on this site 8 years and its only this year that ive noticed these oddities, its not a moan, its an actual factual observation from someone who would like to consider himself quite a smart chap.
    thanks for the replies

No it's not.

• churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    amazing really that after all the multi accounts reported majority still open even more amazing is the fact sky seemed to allow and recommend opening multiple accounts a few year back pretty **** to be honest but it's ok sky said so......

Ps one of the best communities my **** a few year back it was but know it's full of multi accounting Muppets who only answer they're own opinions and never question the wrongs on the site like the last 3/4 year every time you move table in a tourney you can't see the hole cards without reloading the table , playing 2/3/4 or more tables this is a complete pain in the **** as tables don't always load without you clicking launch tables might only affect you now and again tikay but to be fair the fact it has continued all these years is pretty bad no matter how often it happens it still happens and costs people money

getting dealt the nuts trying call a raise or all in getting folded pre because timer keeps going even after you instantly call/raise/reraise but nothing happens

Players being caught multi accounting being given different screennames as it keeps the numbers up if you check through some previous posts you'll find a more than a few with name changes after they deposited in the "wife's name"or some other bs reason

Ps anyone that wants proof of all multi accounts i know no problem will forward them for you to check but it's ok sky advised them to do it keeps the numbers up also there is a few been caught by several people in the forum seen them comment on two names on same thread then inst a deleting the comment when they notice they have used different account people being reported for multi accounting but being given different usernames instead of being banned/blocked.or other wise sky not giving a duck as long as the money roles in

Then probably the worst is tikay telling us even if we delete our posts on the forum he can still see them ffs what else can he see we don' .

Best community out really?

• churchy18churchy18 Member Posts: 1,853
    Also tikay having phone conversations with another player giving him advise them for the next year or so the only games he plays are ones tikay is playinwe. Would that be okay if it was other people doing that and playing versus tikay

Really don't care what people think not played a game tonight no tilt no rage just an observation.

Just because it's only pounds does not mean certain players won't cheat plenty of profit out there for people that would kill for a quid.

Churchy18
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,334
    edited May 2018

thanks for the replies

stats of flush on the flop 1 in 10 hands

This is awkward , what do you actually mean. @benhur7200

Do you mean, 3 cards on the flop being all the same suit?

If this, then thats not a flush without someone else having 2 of the suit, is it ?

Or am I mistaken and the flop is technically still called a flush with 3 of the same suit regardless of known or unknown hole-cards

Do you mean, 3 of the same suit on the flop and someone has 2 hole cards that make the flush?

If this, then are you including preflop folded hands as well as preflop kept hands?
    A folding person could claim they would of had a flush.

Can you narrow down what you are calling a flush on the flop , because im tying myself into a knot here.

Edit:
    @churchy18 , using the forum to criticize the forum and launch personal attacks on an individual . Says a lot about how accommodatingly good the forum is.

The forums so good, you can even monitor TKs phone-calls. Can you point me to the section that allows this cool feature please.
  • hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    How many cans of Tennents you have last night Churchy?
  • RakebakeRakebake Member Posts: 40
    I will give my 2 cent

2 cent.......

1, doubt flopped flushes is 1/10

2, make sure you are rolled for the stake you play - Due to variance you may suffer if you are not a big winner at the game, (dont withdraw tonnes and play same stake)
    http://www.pokerdope.com/poker-variance-calculator/
    ^^^^ you can put in your bb/100 to figure how bad you can run over sample size.

3, You shouldnt moan that weak players are calling!.

4, Honestly, you need to watch videos/read up about mental approach in poker or invest in some coaching program like raise your edge / upswing poker.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    edited May 2018
    B-limey @churchy18

For those unaware, Brian (churchy) & I have shared tables hundreds (thousands?) of times, & he's always been warm & friendly towards me in the chat box, we have good bants (or I thought we did) & he never once raised any complaints as to my conduct. Now he wants to call me out on the forum. Lovely job.

Let's look at this statement first;

"Then probably the worst is tikay telling us even if we delete our posts on the forum he can still see them ffs what else can he see we don'"

Yes, any post which has appeared on the Forum - & ONLY if it has appeared on the Forum - I can see in my role as a mod. If it was not on the Forum, & therefore not visible to ALL users, I cannot see it. So I can see exactly the same as everyone else. I just see it longer.

The Forum is run on something called Vanilla Software. The back end contains something called "Change Log", which records all amendment & deletions. This is what the back-end says as to Change Log;

Change Log

Every edit or deletion is recorded here. Use ‘Restore’ to undo any change

I'm not really sure why it does that, but it does.

Currently, there are 97 pages of amended or deleted posts recorded in the Change Log. I never review them, unless someone asks me to restore a deleted or amended post.

This is what the Change Log looks like typically. (This is a C & P).

">"Binks Twitch Stream Going out with a bang!!!!
    Binks Twitch Stream".

Those with even a modicum of insight, will see what that is, & how it works, so I won't explain it unless someone asks, except to say ALL regular forum readers will know what that is, JJBinks amended his thread title. Why that's a problem to Brian I have no idea.

The horse racing boys (who are a credit to the Community & Forum) do tons of amendments, & there's nothing even remotely sinister about that.

Do I spend all day perusing the Change Log? What do you think?

So that's the sum total of what I can see that you cant. But you WERE able to view everything I can.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,030
    edited May 2018
    @churchy then wrote this;

"Also tikay having phone conversations with another player giving him advise them for the next year or so the only games he plays are ones tikay is playinwe. Would that be okay if it was other people doing that and playing versus tikay"

What might that refer to, you may well ask?

I assume this is a reference to the fact that when a player is having a bad time - an extended period of run-bad maybe, or one of those guys that comes on the Forum & claims the site is rigged as they never win, I often send them a PM, & offer to help. If they reply, I give them my phone number, & get them to ring me, & I talk them through a typical game whilst he or me - but never both at the same time - play a game or two.

That might cause some roffling, as most of you know I'm pretty hopeless these days. If the best players on a 1 to 10 scale are a 10, I'm a 2 or 3 at best. But many of these guys are zero, complete newbies. Others are good players - way better than me - but extended downswings can shatter the confidence & self-belief of any player. So I try to help.

I've done that loads of times, & with 100% good intent. If you expect me to apologise for trying to help others, good luck with that.

What sad times when genuine attempts to help others are so dreadfully maligned.

"for the next year or so the only games he plays are ones tikay is playinwe"

That is completely untrue & is a disgraceful suggestion, implying some sort of skulduggery. If @churchy18 can provide a shred of evidence, then he should go ahead & post it here. Go on Brian, find me a player who only plays in games I play in. GL with that, too.
  • RakebakeRakebake Member Posts: 40
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,486
    Being a " Poker & Forum Saint" has it's share of problems. Hic!
  • kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    There is a George Carlin quote I could reference here but I don't want to stoke the flames.