You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

getting fed up with this site

13»

Comments

• Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485

every time I make a big cash withdraw, for days the worst cards come out with the worst luck, don't get me wrong I don't mind losing as my wins are greater, just what I'm saying it just seems strange that this happens.

I have a theory on the 'Doomswitch'. If you want to withdraw £2000, what you should do is withdraw £10,000, wait until the cash hits the bank, then deposit £8000. Never fails. Or you could just expect to run bad after running good enough to withdraw.

Not that any of this is any good to you since you win all the time.
  • Options
    yuranASSetyuranASSet Member Posts: 485
    churchy18 said:

Also tikay having phone conversations with another player giving him advise them for the next year or so the only games he plays are ones tikay is playinwe. Would that be okay if it was other people doing that and playing versus tikay

Really don't care what people think not played a game tonight no tilt no rage just an observation.

Just because it's only pounds does not mean certain players won't cheat plenty of profit out there for people that would kill for a quid.

Churchy18

I'm not going to say your stupid, I just think you have bad luck when it comes to thinking!

Have a word with yourself!
  • Options
    benhur7200benhur7200 Member Posts: 77
    wow!!!! to the person asking about what I meant flushed flops, I meant 3 of the same suit on the flop. and I actually noted it was 1 in ten give and take one pip. I was just curious of the odds of this of this happening.
    we all have opinions to share but I must admit that making personal comments directed to a player is wrong.
    peace dudes
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524

wow!!!! to the person asking about what I meant flushed flops, I meant 3 of the same suit on the flop. and I actually noted it was 1 in ten give and take one pip. I was just curious of the odds of this of this happening.
    we all have opinions to share but I must admit that making personal comments directed to a player is wrong.
    peace dudes

Hi @benhur7200

Over what sample size of flops did you arrive at 1 in 10?

A deck of cards is capable of the most remarkably quirky stats, so you might well see all sorts of odd things.

If I may say so, you just need to accept that's how the game works, always has & always will.

If you allow your head to get messed up with thoughts that, in some way the RNG is not fit for purpose, it will mar your enjoyment of the game. The RNG is fine, & it's the same for everyone.

Every time someone gets lucky, someone else gets unlucky, & you are just as likely to be on the right side of those as the wrong side.

Forget worrying about whether the RNG is working properly, or who audits it, concentrate on your own game, & try to improve. We have a poker clinic on the Forum, and if you stick up questions, some really good players will offer helpful advice.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    I have been considering a response to Churchy’s post.
    Marky has worded it perfectly.

I have come to realise that however many times it is said/proven that in game you get lucky or unlucky either online or live, there’s always going to be individuals who question the site.

One last thing...if you are not 100% to win a hand, sometimes ( however improbable it may seem) you WILL lose irrespective of what hand you have.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    markycash said:

Haven't had the time to post for a while but I have to say...

It is a sad state of affairs when the conduct of Tikay is being even remotely brought into question.

The man is probably the most sincere individual I have met in the poker industry.

To say that this place would not be the same without him would be an extreme understatement.

I don't think most here would take that drunken gibberish seriously.
  • Options
    BrrrrrrrBrrrrrrr Member Posts: 4,201
    NoseyBonk said:

markycash said:

Haven't had the time to post for a while but I have to say...

It is a sad state of affairs when the conduct of Tikay is being even remotely brought into question.

The man is probably the most sincere individual I have met in the poker industry.

To say that this place would not be the same without him would be an extreme understatement.

I don't think most here would take that drunken gibberish seriously.
    True - but still outrageous to write it in the first place and assuming it was drunken gibberish, he should have sobered up by now and apologised.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Good to see Churchy was man enough to apologise though.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,524

I'll tell you the naughty thing about this.

Folks make an outrageous allegation, attempting to smear the reputation of others, & when challenged, don't respond. It's real hit & run stuff. It does not bother me as such, as I don't believe many believed a word of it, but it's not right, & there's always 1 or 2 that buy it.

And here's the thing. He & I have played hundreds, maybe thousands, of DYM's together, & he's never had a bad word to say to me, we've all been matey matey, he's a member of the bunch of regulars who used to play a lot of PLO8 DYM's & we all got along great. And then, out of the blue, that nonsense appears on the forum.

My olive tree still produces lots of branches, & I'm happy to assume he had maybe had a drink or two the night he posted. Still something of a surprise that he has not responded further though.

Anyway, let's move on.

Peace out.
  • Options
    dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,051
    Sorry, off topic noooby question incoming.

On hufty's post just above, I have discovered that clicking on it "buries" it, which collapses the text.
    Clicking again, restores it.

Is this because several people have "flagged" it?
    It must be the awful abusive language in it.

I haven't noticed this before.
    Is it new?

Have an enjoyable evening.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    #freehufty
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    I thought flag was something you saluted, or was the bad guy in a Stephen King book.