You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Tommy Robinson

Comments

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751

tomgoodun said:

My question was about his freedom of speech , care to enlighten me on how it’s been hindered?
    His sheep come out with some crazy notions but this is near the top of the list....

If they are concerned about freedom of speech perhaps they ought to be highlighting Jamal Khashoggi, not a person who flouts the law.

This has already been answered, if you look on TOMMY Robinson fb page all the facts are there.
    I’m asking you and Goldon the question not Stephen Yaxley-Lennon

I would imagine facts a rarity on his self promoting fb pages.

What’s your thoughts on his freedom of speech, has it been hindered in any way?
  • rainman215rainman215 Member Posts: 1,186
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

My question was about his freedom of speech , care to enlighten me on how it’s been hindered?
    His sheep come out with some crazy notions but this is near the top of the list....

If they are concerned about freedom of speech perhaps they ought to be highlighting Jamal Khashoggi, not a person who flouts the law.

This has already been answered, if you look on TOMMY Robinson fb page all the facts are there.

This has already been answered on this thread.
  • goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,878
    edited November 2018

----------------------------------------------------

Hi Tom, You asking for my view....... I make it up as I go....... that said, I'm not Religious but RI was taught at my School "The Bible" Christian Faith the Rules we all live by, not Islam so know nothing about it other than what I've picked up over the years from reading News Papers TV reports this Thread & checking facts for myself. I see Tommy as well meaning person tarred with his past struggling with snowflake Euro legislation branding him Racist because he dare challenge Islam in this Country. Some here liken him to Hitler a "Racist Thug" because he's been in Prison and has football type supporters. Mandela was in Prison, is he a Thug also Tagging him as Savile .... the very thing he is exposing ... bit rich. ! Good Guy or Bad not for me to say, but he put his butt in the firing line not many prepared to do that. Time will tell if he;s five minute wonder, Andy Warhol 15 min guy or next PM. fwiw cough!
  • NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,175
    "Interview of the Year "
  • Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542

If you watch the videos TOMMY has already answered all your questions.
    Stop lying about TOMMY Robinson,s house building project, TOMMY has done really well buying and selling properties, and is also a very successful Author.

What lies have I told Rainman?

What public accounts have been published to prove your version of his wealth?

As a matter of public record, the convicted fraudster, Mr Yaxley-Lennon has only ever been a Director of one company which never traded.

All I know is that.

1. TR took a salary from the EDL, was that made clear to members? Did they ever publish accounts?

2. TR took money from Quilliam to leave the EDL

3. TR was a convicted on more than one count of mortgage fraud.

4. The Free Tommy campaign raised a lot of money for legal fees, yet US far right groups paid substantially towards said fees.

5. Then he starts a campaign for £22k for 1 wheelchair, which rapidly turns into lets raise £500k on the promise of starting a charity in 6 months or so.

6. Being a convicted fraudster I doubt he will be able to start a registered charity himself so let's just see what happens.

Excuse me if I am little sceptical about a convicted fraudster raising money without any public scrutiny on his finances.
    If you like supporting a charity that brings mobility and independence to young people then I can thoroughly recommend Whizz-Kidz.

A registered charity with public accounts

http://www.whizz-kidz.org.uk/about-us

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QjtjOYJYvWE
    edited November 2018
    Phantom66 said:

Of course it is fantastic that Daisy is going to get the wheel chair she needs.

I just don't understand why TR set the campaign up to raise the money for the chair and then upped the target to £50,000 (the chair costs under £22k).

He says he is "going to" start a charitable trust which will take time to set up. With his track record that does set a few alarm bells ringing.

I really hope that all the money does go to genuine good causes. I can't see a convicted fraudster like TR being allowed to sit on the Board of Trustees and I sincerely hope he takes no formal role in the Charity, taking any form of earnings or expenses from it.

If he can persuade his followers to donate to an independent charity that he gains no financial benefit from and helps good causes then than has to be better than them funding the EDL or TRs next housebuilding project as they have done in the past.

Personally I will continue to support more trustworthy charities such as help for heroes or whizz-kidz that already do this kind of work for injured service people and children who need mobility aids without promoting TR.

Lie 1 TOMMY had already raised money for a disabled Vet, if you had bothered to see his video, he explains how the money is used.
    TOMMY has already explained on said video about the Trustees and finances.
    Lie 2 TOMMY already owned land where he built his house.

Help4Heroes and WHIZZ- kidz are both excellent charities
    edited November 2018

Lie 1 TOMMY had already raised money for a disabled Vet, if you had bothered to see his video, he explains how the money is used.
    TOMMY has already explained on said video about the Trustees and finances.
    Lie 2 TOMMY already owned land where he built his house.

1. How is that a lie? I was not commenting on any previous funds. The current campaign was started specifically to raise £23k for Katie's wheelchair. The target then raised to a £50k with let's help more people and then £500k let's start a charity. TR talks about asking advisers to set up a charity, and that he says it will take at least 6 months before that can happen.

It's up to you whether you believe that will ever happen. I just pointed out that as he is a convicted fraudster I am not sure how he will be allowed to be involved and surely not as a director or trustee.

2. Where have I lied about that? All I have referred to is that he has been in receipt of multiple direct donations from the public. He took funds from the EDL and Quilliam, The Middle East Forum claim to have paid his legal fees yet there are many other fundraising pages all claiming to raise money for the same cause.

There is no public disclosure of how that money has been spent. How do you know none of it went towards his house (land or building costs)? Or is it all just sitting in a Bitcoin wallet somewhere?

Help4Heroes and WHIZZ- kidz are both excellent charities

At last we agree on something - plus they already have proper governance in place and a track record of helping lots of people.
    https://youtu.be/plWi2h7YrXM
    Thanks to everyone who signed the petition.
    edited November 2018
    https://youtu.be/UBuw60jyQ28
    TOMMY gets things done.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    From BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46139193

Paypal has told former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson it will no longer process payments on his behalf, the BBC understands.

The payments network is believed to have told Mr Robinson he had violated its terms and conditions.

It said Paypal could not be used to promote hate, violence or discrimination.
    They only make him stronger ....... Ex Con's can reform ..... but only if you let them.

• hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036

From BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46139193

Paypal has told former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson it will no longer process payments on his behalf, the BBC understands.

The payments network is believed to have told Mr Robinson he had violated its terms and conditions.

It said Paypal could not be used to promote hate, violence or discrimination.

I see plenty of gammon have been triggered by PayPal.

Great scenes.
    edited November 2018
    Hot on the heels of "Making a Murderer" come "Making a Racist"
This discussion has been closed.