You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Tommy Robinson

hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
It takes a special breed of stupid to commit contempt of court, outside a court, whilst on a suspended sentence for contempt of court.

Bangs on about Muslims not following the laws of the land whilst regularly breaking said laws himself.

Incredible how people get taken in by his agenda, and turn out in numbers to march with him or chant for his freedom.

Claims to speak the truth, yet doesn't even use his real name.

A turnip of the highest order.

Comments

• Options
    RakebakeRakebake Member Posts: 40
    Filming outside court on public land which was confirmed by a police officer (not a crime).
    He was reading information on the case which was already "public knowledge"
    (probably 99% of the public knew nothing about the case)

I would be fine with the arrest if he was in the court etc but to be on public land just filming seems strange.

The silencing of the media is also worrying.

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,531
    I don't like violent thugs, and let's face it that is basically what Yaxley-Lennon is. The name Tommy Robinson comes from the the head of a football hooligan group, apparently. I've also seen him in a documentary after he'd had a few beers and he is most definitely a thug and a bully.

Paradoxically, I hate radical Islam more. I generally hate even non radical Islam or anyone who thinks sharia law is even worth contemplating for a second. Inciting violence tho is not the solution and I'm pretty sure time will cure the world of the medieval rules of certain Qur'anic interpretations.
  • Options
    johnjoe81johnjoe81 Member Posts: 709
    The 'man' is an absolute bampot.
  • Options
    Rakebake said:

Filming outside court on public land which was confirmed by a police officer (not a crime).
    He was reading information on the case which was already "public knowledge"
    (probably 99% of the public knew nothing about the case)

I would be fine with the arrest if he was in the court etc but to be on public land just filming seems strange.

The silencing of the media is also worrying.

By filming outside of court, he's risking the whole process and there is a chance the whole thing could collapse. Unless a mistrial helps his agenda of course....

There was a reason why there was no media there. When a case has a reporting ban attached to it (and plenty of cases do, often to protect the victims) to then go and film where it's taking place is beyond stupid. He likes to consider himself a reporter these days, so perhaps he should've heeded the reporting ban.

• Options
    @hhyftrftdr Agree but he only read which was already public knowledge to his "fans"
    Filming on public land should not be prohibited no matter what is being filmed.

Imagine posting a video talking about already known "public knowledge" and getting arrested for it.....doesnt sit well with me.

1st he was arrested for breach of the peace while seemingly been very peaceful considering the crimes that had allegedly happened to young girls.

Imagine it happening to your daughter or your friends daughter....He talked about it being like "our" children meaning English though.
    He may be stupid but feel his heart is in the right place.....to deny there isnt a problem is worse, many attacks, many foiled attacks, Grooming gangs on mass scale.

Something has to be done where the government has failed but now it seems you get arrested/harassed for talking about the matter.

Is Tommy Robinson the right person to address these problems, probably not but not many dare to speak out on the matter.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,037
    This is what should be talked about, but the powers that be and the mainstream media are ignoring it.
    https://www.quilliaminternational.com/press-release-new-quilliam-report-on-grooming-gangs/
  • Options
    Would Tommy Robinson have been outside that court had the men involved been white?

I think we all know the answer to that.

And he was goading the suspects as they entered court. If the trial collapses, he only has himself to blame.
  • Options
    This is what the judge said when they gave TR a suspended sentence last time...

''In short, Mr. Yaxley-Lennon, turn up at another court, refer to people as ‘Muslim paedophiles, Muslim rapists’ and so on and so forth while trials are ongoing and before there has been a finding by a jury that that is what they are, and you will find yourself inside. Do you understand? Thank you very much''

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    edited May 2018
    VespaPX said:

No just the innocence of thousands of young girls.

1) Source?

2) Irrespective of anyone's views towards Islam, I think most will agree a thread titled "Happy Ramadan" where this was initially posted really isn't an appropriate place to get into debate of this nature - You've also posted on the same topic in here, hence quoting it here instead.
    VespaPX said:

This is what should be talked about, but the powers that be and the mainstream media are ignoring it.
    https://www.quilliaminternational.com/press-release-new-quilliam-report-on-grooming-gangs/

"The report found that 84% of ‘grooming gang’ offenders were (South) Asian, while they only make up 7% of total UK population"

The key word here is 'gang' - Therefore the statistic merely suggests a difference in the way in which the crime is committed by people within that demographic.

---

In the overall population of England and Wales 86% of people were white in 2011 (at the last census), 8% of the population was of Asian ethnicity, and 3% was black. Of course this will vary from place to place around the country."

"Almost 85% of offenders found guilty of sexual activity with a minor in England and Wales in 2011 were white. 3% were black and 4% were Asian and the rest were either listed as ‘other’ or unknown.

But these figures don’t tell us everything about sexual offences committed against children. For example, if someone is found guilty of raping a child under the age of 16, this will appear in the figures under ‘rape’ rather than ‘sexual activity with a minor’.

Where offenders’ ethnicity was known, 81% of people convicted of sexual offences in 2014 were white, 7% were black and 9% were Asian in 2014. These proportions were similar over the previous four years. The government told us it doesn’t regularly publish information on the ethnicity of those found guilty of sexual offences so there is no more recent information."

Source: https://fullfact.org/crime/what-do-we-know-about-ethnicity-people-involved-sexual-offences-against-children/

---

Bolded figures suggest what I have written above - 'grooming gangs' and related statistics appear to be the result of a different modus operandi but are not indicative of a higher rate of sexual offending in Muslim communities. Nonetheless, this statistic is often spread by Islamophobic media sources, and if it fits the readers' views, they'll often just accept it without question and take it to mean that sexual offenders are predominantly Muslim, which clearly is not the case for anyone who cares to question everything they read.

There's also the whole thing of racial bias in prosecution to deal with, as well. GL being a black man on trial for sexual offenses and having the judge and jury view you in the same way as they would view a white man. While we don't have cops shooting black men dead for no reason, institutional racism is still very much a thing in the UK.

The statistics quoted above do not appear to show any significant correlation between ethnicity and sexual offenses. A statistic like this should have legitimate use in reducing levels of sexual offending in Pakistani Muslim people, but no source that I have seen quote statistics about 'grooming gangs' is interested in that, instead it's a statistic often used for nothing more than Islamophobia.
  • Options
    Source?
    1400 in Rochdale alone.
    Newcastle - 700
    Telford - Up to a 1000
    Think that constitutes 1000's and there are dozens of other towns where this has happened and still happening.
  • Options
    VespaPX said:

Source?
    1400 in Rochdale alone.
    Newcastle - 700
    Telford - Up to a 1000
    Think that constitutes 1000's and there are dozens of other towns where this has happened and still happening.

l trust you have informed the authorities?
  • Options
    mondo1985mondo1985 Member Posts: 571

Would Tommy Robinson have been outside that court had the men involved been white?

And he was goading the suspects as they entered court. If the trial collapses, he only has himself to blame.

wouldn't need to be there as the main stream media would be there
  • Options
    mondo1985 said:

wouldn't need to be there as the main stream media would be there
    Imagine the case is exactly the same, the reporting ban stands, but the suspects are all white.

Does Tommy Robinson go to court and make a song and dance about it?
  • Options

That shouldnt matter, what matters is the thousands of young girls effected by it.
    Does Tommy Robinson have an Agenda....yes, but only because he has seen the effect of Radical Islam in his own town which has led to him speaking up were thousands dont dare.

Do I agree with everything he does, no but I can identify its a problem which has been swept under the carpet by government and police.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Rakebake said:

That shouldnt matter, what matters is the thousands of young girls effected by it.
    Does Tommy Robinson have an Agenda....yes, but only because he has seen the effect of Radical Islam in his own town which has led to him speaking up were thousands dont dare.

Do I agree with everything he does, no but I can identify its a problem which has been swept under the carpet by government and police.
    If he genuinely cared about the victims in this case, then he wouldn't have shown up at court.

He knows that by turning up and filming, there is a decent chance he can compromise the case and, worst case scenario, cause a mistrial. Which only helps further his agenda.

He also knows that by turning up and doing what he did, there is a decent chance he will be nicked and due to his previous, sent to prison. Which only helps further his agenda.

He doesn't give a toss about the victims, and his actions on Friday prove that.
  • Options
    Hes done more for the victims then you have ever done. Him raising awareness about the problem when others like the Government and the police have been quiet out of the fear of been called Racist.
  • Options
    This has just been posted on Sky News.
    Coincidence or has Tommys arrest bought it back into the limelight where it belongs?

https://news.sky.com/story/rotherham-child-abuse-whistleblower-victims-are-being-forgotten-11388560
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Rakebake said:

Hes done more for the victims then you have ever done. Him raising awareness about the problem when others like the Government and the police have been quiet out of the fear of been called Racist.

If he's compromised the case, then he's done nothing for the victims.

If the case collapses, he's done nothing for the victims.

He turned up, knowing full well he could be arrested, wanting to turn it into a circus and make himself centre of attention.

He turned up, knowing there was a reporter ban to protect the victims and their families, and spins it into the Tommy Robinson show.

He is an odious cretin, and sadly the stupid and gullible amongst us fall for his bile.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    "spins it into the Tommy Robinson show".........come on even you dont believe in that.
    Turn your hate for Tommy Robinson into the direction of those who he is against.

The problem isnt Tommy Robinson.
    If the media did their job people like Robinson wouldnt exist.

• Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Rakebake said:

"spins it into the Tommy Robinson show".........come on even you dont believe in that.
    Turn your hate for Tommy Robinson into the direction of those who he is against.

The problem isnt Tommy Robinson.
    If the media did their job people like Robinson wouldnt exist.

Really Tommy Robinson isn't a problem ? The convicted criminal and hatemonger isn't a problem.
    Before you edited your post you said it was a small section of muslims again really ?
    Read Pingus post above and tell me the problem is a muslim problem.
    The guy is a thug using them poor unfortunate children to further his hate.
This discussion has been closed.