You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** BLUE MOON JACKPOT CLUB **

StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
Here is a list of current members in the "BLUE MOON" Jackpot Club: (Post on this thread after reading "rules" if you wish to join)

MAXALLY
STAYORGO
VAIGRET
WYNNE1938
THISLTEDU
MKGUNNER
ZADOC
THE_BUCKLE
RABDENIRO
SIDV79
DOLLIE
BEARACE

Typically (unless you are concerned about potentially missing an attempt) funds should not be sent until the evening before a known attempt. If you do want to send funds in advance for "the next attempt" you can, but please post here to notify me if you do that.

BANK DETAILS BELOW:

LLOYDS BANK:

ACCOUNT NAME: JACKPOT SYNDICATE OR MR G CARTER (EITHER SHOULD WORK)

SORT CODE: 77-72-20

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 30401468

(Please use SkyPoker Alias in the reference field)

Comments

• Options
    wynne1938wynne1938 Member Posts: 20,525
    StayOrGo said:

Here is a list of members in the "BLUE MOON" Jackpot Club:

MAXALLY
    STAYORGO
    VAIGRET
    WYNNE1936
    THISLTEDU
    MKGUNNER
    ZADOC

wynne1938
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    OK, here's how I intend it to work.

1) Very occasionally, we will go for a Jackpot attempt and I will notify the thread that we are doing so.

2) I won't be watching the racing everyday, so if anyone thinks that we should perhaps go for it, please post on this thread and email me.

3) Once we decide we are going for it only members on the OP have the option to participate. I will post here and email members, however if members are unable to respond/pay no later than two hours before the first race starts, then they will be deemed not to be in that attempt. But can join back in on another one.

4) Members would need to send the funds to the Jackpot Syndicate Account (using their SkyPoker Alias in the reference field), once it is known we are "going for it", but at the latest two hours before the first race is due to run. I would prefer to only receive payments on the evening before, however If members are "worried" they may miss an attempt, they can send funds early, which will be used for the next attempt, whenever that may be. Any such funds received will be acknowledged on this thread. Members must also notify this thread as soon as they have made their payment.

5) Regarding my personal "share", so it is transparent to all, you can assume I will contribute £100 for each attempt, unless I have specifically stated beforehand on this thread that I am investing a different amount. In which case it will be clearly visible on the share holdings spreadsheet that will be posted 90 mins before the first race starts.

6) I will post the final list of names of those participating and how much they have invested 90 minutes (approx) before the first race starts. Please note the share holdings will be for that specific attempt only.

7) It will be the members responsibility to confirm that I have acknowledged their payment, which I will post on this thread. If payment isn't received and acknowledged then the member will be deemed not to be "IN" for that attempt.

8) Assuming we have "enough" to do a decent perm we will make an attempt. REMOVERS will be conducted as we used to. GO-LIVE NAP selections spreadsheet will be re-instated. If it is a FRI, SAT or SUN, then only put your NAP selections on the GO-LIVE sheet. (IE not the one we use currently)

9) Please note: Being in the list on the OP does not mean you are in on each Jackpot attempt. You will only be "IN" if payment has been received and acknowledged, or when there is sufficient funds from a previous attempt, which has been agreed to use for another attempt. If you are not on the list, but would like to be added, please post here and I will add you. However, until you have formally been added please do NOT send any funds.

10) Once the two hour window is reached. A spreadsheet showing how many shares each person has will be posted on this thread. Please note, the number of shares is only relevant for the "attempt" in question, unless a carry over is agreed.

11) Unused funds will be dealt with accordingly. (IE probably refunded, depending on amount. I suggest if it's less than £10, we give it to charity.) Currently there is a promotion where we get 10% cash back. As such, I will deposit 10% more than the funds received and effectively use the cash back up front.

12) Winnings will be split according to the share percentage due, and will be sent to members bank account after the funds have been received.

If I have missed anything, or you have further questions, please post here.

Cheers,

G

• Options
    wynne1938 said:

StayOrGo said:

Here is a list of members in the "BLUE MOON" Jackpot Club:

MAXALLY
    STAYORGO
    VAIGRET
    WYNNE1936
    THISLTEDU
    MKGUNNER
    ZADOC

wynne1938
    Sorry Wynne, I aged you two years mate. :=)
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,302
    StayOrGo said:

Here is a list of current members in the "BLUE MOON" Jackpot Club: (Post on this thread after reading "rules" if you wish to join)

MAXALLY
    STAYORGO
    VAIGRET
    WYNNE1938
    THISLTEDU
    MKGUNNER
    ZADOC

agreed, should I still have details of the account we used to pay in or can I find it somewhere.
  • Options
    vaigret said:

StayOrGo said:

MAXALLY
    STAYORGO
    VAIGRET
    WYNNE1938
    THISLTEDU
    MKGUNNER
    ZADOC

agreed, should I still have details of the account we used to pay in or can I find it somewhere.
    You should have it somewhere, but I will put details on the OP of this thread.
  • Options
    The OP has been updated with list of members as of 24/06/18 at 11pm.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    G when transferring money can you transfer say 5 attempts worth at a time.

V
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    vaigret said:

G when transferring money can you transfer say 5 attempts worth at a time.

V

Makes it a bit harder to keep track of tbh. So I would rather not as I don't want the admin to be a lot of work.

So I would say, in general, no, however if people are worried about missing it then they can do "one attempts" worth in advance.

We can make exceptions for when people are on holiday and want to pay for more than one attempt up front.

So the answer is, "yes" but I'd rather it wasn't standard practice. If people do, it will just be a temporary agreement to cover absence.

As the "Blue Moon" name suggests, we won't be going for it that often, unless we happen to go on a heater, then in which case, I'd probably keep some funds back for further attempts anyway.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    edited June 2018
    11) Unused funds will be dealt with accordingly. (IE probably refunded, depending on amount. I suggest if it's less than £10, we give it to charity.) Currently there is a promotion where we get 10% cash back. As such, I will deposit 10% more than the funds received and effectively use the cash back up front.

Graham, 10% more of funds received could get confusing if bet size is different from funds+10%
  • Options
    Hi Dollie.

We can figure it out more specifically when we go for an attempt.

Hopefully all will be clear at that stage.

Rather than look at it now, it will be a case by case basis.

I will make sure everyone will be aware how much of the funds is "left over". if any.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    OK G have sent £20 for the first attempt today for whenever it happens
  • Options
    Received mate. So you will be in for two £10 shares on our first attempt.

It may be quite a while away though.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Received mate. So you will be in for two £10 shares on our first attempt.

It may be quite a while away though.

Cheers,

G

no problem just wanted to make sure I was in for when it happens
  • Options
    bearacebearace Member Posts: 131
    Hi Graham, I have just got back from the Vegas trip and was unable to respond to your email at the time as I was not accessing the internet. Is it too late to join now? If I can I would like to be in for £10 an attempt.
  • Options
    bearace said:

Hi Graham, I have just got back from the Vegas trip and was unable to respond to your email at the time as I was not accessing the internet. Is it too late to join now? If I can I would like to be in for £10 an attempt.

Yep that's fine mate. I have added you to this members list on the OP.

Please ensure you read the "rules" on the third post. If you are worried about "missing" an attempt you can send £10 up front.

Although if you are going to be around, then it's best to just do it the evening before we go for it.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    Hi. I have sent out an email to all BLUE MOON JACKPOT club members, please post here if you did not receive this email.

Cheers,

Graham
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Major losses for the TOTE having to pay out for the last 4 days on the £10K Guaranteed for the JACKPOT.

Quite likely we'd have won it on at least 3 if not all the last 4 days, however I still think we should stick to our £10K minimum rollover otherwise we'd have to check it every day and people potentially would miss a GO-LIVE day.

Lets hope this doesn't happen too often, otherwise they may lower the guarantee which would mean it takes longer for the roll overs to build up.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,031
    Hi Graham, any idea how the jackpot will work once Betway take over the running of it?

Andy
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    SidV79 said:

Hi Graham, any idea how the jackpot will work once Betway take over the running of it?

Andy

Hopefully it will increase POOL sizes and reduce deductions:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/done-set-to-sell-stake-in-the-tote-to-new-consortium/322853

We will have to wait and see if that happens. As far as how it will work? I would imagine similar to how it does now, but they may have some fresh ideas for it.

We'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,031
    StayOrGo said:

SidV79 said:

Andy

Hopefully it will increase POOL sizes and reduce deductions:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/done-set-to-sell-stake-in-the-tote-to-new-consortium/322853

We will have to wait and see if that happens. As far as how it will work? I would imagine similar to how it does now, but they may have some fresh ideas for it.

We'll have to wait and see.
    Thanks Graham, have just read the article and I hope they can achieve what they are aiming for, which is as you said, raise POOL sizes whilst also reducing deductions but it is still as clear as mud at the moment. Here's hoping...

Andy