You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

** BLUE MOON JACKPOT CLUB **

Comments

• Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    Hi guys. If the Jackpot rolls over again tomorrow, it'll probably surpass the £10K mark, which means we will start to take a look at potential Jackpot attempts.

Roger: When/if there is a £10K+ rollover, are you happy to find out the Jackpot Meeting as before? We can then make a decision whether or not an attempt is justified.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    I would also recommend "BLUE MOON" members, keep an eye on this thread more often when the rollover's are £10K+
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    StayOrGo said:

Hi guys. If the Jackpot rolls over again tomorrow, it'll probably surpass the £10K mark, which means we will start to take a look at potential Jackpot attempts.

Roger: When/if there is a £10K+ rollover, are you happy to find out the Jackpot Meeting as before? We can then make a decision whether or not an attempt is justified.

Cheers,

G

OK, no probs

R
  • Options
    DollieDollie Member Posts: 706
    Hi Graham,
    Do not see this thread everyday, so have transferred £50 to the account indicated ready for the first attempt
    Cheers
    Gordon
  • Options
    zadoczadoc Member Posts: 3,402
    JACKPOT meeting tomorrow is at NEWMARKET & SUNDAY at SOUTHWELL
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Dollie said:

Hi Graham,
    Do not see this thread everyday, so have transferred £50 to the account indicated ready for the first attempt
    Cheers
    Gordon

Received thanks Gordon. So that will be 5 shares at £10 each for our first attempt. As well as posting on this thread, I will also send an email out to members the evening before we go for an attempt. So hopefully all involved will receive notification in time.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    zadoc said:

JACKPOT meeting tomorrow is at NEWMARKET & SUNDAY at SOUTHWELL

Thx R.

Newmarket tomorrow is a NO-GO. If it rolls over, it may be worth a shot at SOUTHWELL on Sunday.

I'm impressed how you managed to find out about Sunday already! :=)

Nice one.
  • Options
    In the meantime over the next 24 hours, if there are any views on whether we should give Southwell a go (assuming rollover), feel free to post here.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Things I am looking for feedback on regarding whether we make an attempt are:

1) Is there at least a £10K rollover?
    2) Is there a decent odds/on "banker/semi-banker?"
    3) Are there at least three races where the favourite is 2/1 or less?
    4) Is there no more than one race where the favourite is 5/1 or bigger?
    5) Is the "type/quality" of racing unlikely to throw up a Jackpot busting outsider?
    6) Is a reasonable dividend likely if we are successful?

I would suggest we need to be able to answer yes to at least five out of the six above, but preferably all six to consider making an attempt.

Questions five and six are going to be a bit subjective of course.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Looking ahead at Southwell, I don't feel great about point 5 tbh, although the other points potentially look OK, assuming a rollover from Newmarket.

I think an outsider in this type of racing is quite possible, what do others think?
  • Options
    vaigretvaigret Member Posts: 16,300
    StayOrGo said:

Looking ahead at Southwell, I don't feel great about point 5 tbh, although the other points potentially look OK, assuming a rollover from Newmarket.

I think an outsider in this type of racing is quite possible, what do others think?

Yes the worse standard of racing gives us a problem in that ok favs win a lot but there seems to be more chance of horses that have no chance at all sneak in and that has kiboshed us too many times.

Will try and look tonight re Southwell and give more feedback. no time at mo
  • Options
    oh dear just had quick look with no prices up. Looks super tough, summer jumping and some of those horses could be anything so not looking blue moon to me even if massive jackpot. But will go with the flow.
  • Options
    vaigret said:

oh dear just had quick look with no prices up. Looks super tough, summer jumping and some of those horses could be anything so not looking blue moon to me even if massive jackpot. But will go with the flow.

Yeh, think you are right, we'll give it a miss.
  • Options
    hAVE A FEELING IT WILL GO TODAY ANYWAY
  • Options
    I was wrong rollover
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Whilst Southwell meets all the non-subjective criteria, I think there is sufficient concern raised by Vaigret and I tend to agree that it is a risk, regarding the potential for a JACKPOT BUSTING OUTSIDER to win, so I have deemed it to be a NO-GO.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    wish others had commented, have a feeling my big mouth is going to cost us
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    vaigret said:

Don't worry V. I have the same concerns, so people can blame me too. :=)

I appreciate your input, and yes more input from others would be welcome. It's not a case of whether our views are right or wrong, it's just a case of trying to make the best decision for the club.

I did say at the start that we should only go for it, if we think everything points towards us having a reasonable chance, so if there is doubt, I prefer a NO-GO.

We can hope a 50/1 shot comes in and justifies our concerns as well as producing a likely rollover.

:=)

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Sent £50 by bank transfer today, ready for 1st attempt.

I would have had a go today if the Jackpot syndicate was still running, but maybe not for the Blue Moon club yet. However, 31K in the prize pool today, so maybe worth looking at if rollover today?
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

vaigret said:

Don't worry V. I have the same concerns, so people can blame me too. :=)

I appreciate your input, and yes more input from others would be welcome. It's not a case of whether our views are right or wrong, it's just a case of trying to make the best decision for the club.

I did say at the start that we should only go for it, if we think everything points towards us having a reasonable chance, so if there is doubt, I prefer a NO-GO.

We can hope a 50/1 shot comes in and justifies our concerns as well as producing a likely rollover.

:=)

Cheers,

G
    lets hope so . or though it looks like at mo that every fav will come in, lets hope it is such a small payout it wasnt worth it.