You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Serious ? !! 'you cannot be' (2) Proof .Genuine,Intelligent,Knowledgable views and input welcome.

Comments

• Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    dirtygirtySmall blind15.0015.001650.00
    barproBig blind30.0045.001865.00
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    • Q
    hallardCall30.0075.001970.00
    misterpjRaise60.00135.001855.00
    thedoge12Call60.00195.001780.00
    Dave666Fold
    dirtygirtyFold
    barproAll-in1865.002060.000.00
    hallardFold
    misterpjAll-in1855.003915.000.00
    thedoge12Fold
    misterpjUnmatched bet20.003895.0020.00
    barproShow
    • A
    • K
    misterpjShow
    • Q
    • Q
    Flop
    • K
    • J
    Turn
    River
    barproWinPair of Kings3895.003895.00
  • Options
    Matt, be honest, in non of those hands, am I really tilting at windmills,may be apart from pocket pair,flooped aet, into set over set, house over house, I know, that you know,your Poker Maths,in at least four of those hands from last night,I am monster fav after the turn,I 'keep hearing about luck,in Poker, well online at least,but as well as luck,and psycology,Maths brains,odds implied odds etc, that is why Stu Ungar was my fav player, maths genius,and,I think you know him ? (obviously not Stu Ungar,I mean,) cannot think of his name ? Chris I think,'ImDaNutz',seen his aggressive play etc,and yours for that matter,at the end of the day,any of those hands, I am not playing with junk ! thankyou
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,110
    I recall a piece of advice I was given many years ago.
    I was bemoaning the fact that I had lost to a bad beat in a big MTT. The advice was this.

Look at your exit hands in poker for a while. If the majority of them were NOT bad beats, then you should not be playing poker for money...

You also have to be able to ride with the punches that poker inevitably throws at us all. Again, if you cannot cope with that, you should not be playing poker for money...
  • Options
    Lunchtime, Thursday, 25th
    To Matt and EssexPhil and Tikay
    To Matt,noted what you wrote, please understand, I am not ‘tech savvy’ re presentation, meaning, this exact post,(if you are reading) I wrote it in word, spellchecked it for grammar and presentation, copied and pasted it here, previewed it, and posted it, I hope, it presents, as it looks,Neat,with paragraphs ?
    If any of, Matt, EssexPhil or Tikay, look in, first and foremost, it was not, and is not, my intention, to ‘clog up’ or bore any part of the Forum with repeated posts, to that end, (as I do not know how?) I would happily, delete all other posts,(if I knew how ?) and I don’t, or Tikay can delete them,or,obvousy,they can stay ,stand. I will stick to, any poker input, on this one thread (for myself, and my Poker (In) Sanity!
    I do not think, I could ever, have scripted, a better hand, to show, Matt Bates, EssexPhil, or Tikay, than this one, very first and only MTT of my day.
    Please believe me, as this is 1000 zillion % the truth, I assume, only Tikay would be able to substantiate that ?,but, I did not buy in or play, for about, ten hours straight, from 21.00 p.m. until 07.00 a.m,at all,somehow,every new day brings refreshed enthusiasm,so,just before 07.00 a.m. I deposited, and then bought into a £5.50 BH, Matt,you mentioned leaking chips,EssexPhil you mentioned taking a look at exit hands,Tikay you mentioned before, we all need some ‘luck in Poker’
    So, either,(please) all three of you, take a look at this, as I feel it is both,(a) extreme(b)funny(c) typical, and ,to the three of you, when you see the hand below, how often ? Are you laying that down? after the All In (heads up) in front of me, this is after the River, I would like your opinion, and ,how many of whoever are the current best ten players on the planet, would lay that down.
    For clarity, I have lost count, how many, post river, flushes, straights, sets, I have layed down, both here, and in my club. I am going to post this hand, and only this hand, for your thoughts.
    As for opening ranges, you all must both see all and everything here, with my hand, pocket 7 3 suited, that sounds nothing great, however,(and of course I am not opening that too often) but, if I can get a cheap,cheeky,look,I am taking a look, you fellas know the run out combos better than me.I have put my opponent (heads up) on pocket A A with a diamond, flop came 5d 6d Jh,turn came As, all the action, was after the river, not pre,river came 4h.
    I have completed, the 7 high straight, on that board, zero flushes, zero full houses, zero quads, I see the All In cracked in, after the River, and in front of me,admittedly,this is obviously online, not live.Live,I get ten minutes thinking time, here ? Thirty seconds, my first thought, as ever, what beats me? My second thought, what am I putting my opponent on? First thought was, only two specific cards, in the entire deck beat me, has he/she opened with 8 7? .I was (wrongly this time) but convinced, it was AA, with a diamond, and AAA set made on the turn. My question, how often, are you not calling that?
    That question, is to Matt,to EssexPhil,and to Tikay,and to every player here, how often, in that situation, are you not calling the All In, for a Nano second, I believed, just for once, that was a huge double up and a bounty.So,obviously,I have looked at my play, I have looked at my exit hand(s), obviously, I am aware, that is not a beat,but,as and when I repeatedly hear, ‘luck in Poker’ I would not mind, just a tiny little bit. I am only going to post that hand, not this one,but,EssexPhil,I looked at my exit hand in the very next MTT buy in of today, my KK, fired it in after the flop, ran straight into pocket AA !,thanks for reading.
    RobopotSmall blind40.0040.003095.00
    TRAXBig blind80.00120.004110.00
    Your hole cards
    misterpjCall80.00200.002805.00
    utangFold
    RobopotFold
    TRAXCheck
    Flop
    • J
    TRAXBet200.00400.003910.00
    misterpjCall200.00600.002605.00
    Turn
    • A
    TRAXCheck
    misterpjCheck
    River
    TRAXAll-in3910.004510.000.00
    misterpjAll-in2605.007115.000.00
    TRAXUnmatched bet1305.005810.001305.00
    TRAXShow
    misterpjShow
    TRAXWinStraight to the 85810.007115.00
  • Options
    I played two, and only two MTTs, both bounty hunters, in the last five hours; ended the previous 10.25 a.m., end the next, just now.

EssexPhil, I looked at my hand exit in the previous one, I flopped top pair, top kicker, J Q, in front, (obviously) could not get that to hold up. So then, onto, and into the next Bounty Hunter.

Quite surprisingly, I made the final table, somewhat surprisingly; we were down to four players, with very surprisingly, me as the big stack. Total concentration,’ A’ game ‘rock like Poker.

I made no mistakes, no bad decisions, because I had,held,a very decent stack size, when I ‘had the goods’ I was able to call, and see at showdown, several of the attempted and failed bluffs, that I personally, would have been embarrassed to show.
    So I wind this on, to 14.05 p.m., I would dearly love to be told, what I did wrong here?
    Because, any and every one, will be able to see, not only did I do zero wrong, I got it all correct, all the action went after the flop,(heads up) I flopped top pair, top kicker,10 K,this is final table, final four players, I get a 13000 chip shove in front of me, not only do I ;
    (a) Have a hand, top pair top kicker,
    (b) I have to convince myself that I am not running into AA KK etc.
    (c) I have to have the whotsits to make the call,
    (d) Be correct,

For the umpteenth time. Tick Tick Tick Tick, the shove, I called, had air, I am post flop a fraction shy of 90% fav,pot totalled 32,000 chips, plus obviously a bounty.
    Hazard a guess, if I won the hand? Not a chance.
    And, it is wearing ‘so thin’ that I am, and have been, ‘unlucky’!

p.s. in my club, where I only play no limit hold em, of course, not world class players, but certainly no mugs, I have had my best year (this year to date).

p.p.s an outstanding player (now deceased) world class , maybe the best ever, once advised me, ‘know your numbers, because plenty do not!’
    boultebSmall blind800.00800.0014410.00
    misterpjBig blind1600.002400.0031237.50
    Your hole cards
    • K
    hibsladCall1600.004000.0012937.50
    cenachavFold
    boultebCall800.004800.0013610.00
    misterpjCheck
    Flop
    boultebAll-in13610.0018410.000.00
    misterpjCall13610.0032020.0017627.50
    hibsladFold
    boultebShow
    • A
    misterpjShow
    • K
    Turn
    • A
    River
    • Q
    boultebWinPair of Aces32020.0032020.00
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,653
    your cheeky looks are costing you money , fold pre
    your just having a big downswing you,ll come out the other end, don,t let it get you down
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    The 3 7 hand is ul.
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

Ta, hhftrftdr, cheers stokefc

(If you ever look in again stoke, try not to laugh! too much, at the following!)
    for reasons I cannot explain, the very first hand I will mention, made me spontaneously burst into a fit of ‘giggles’, I really should have been ‘crying into my beer’, but I think the subconscious thought, of being able to show it here, that would be, able to show, ‘irrefutable proof ‘made me laugh.

My Poker evening,approx., 18.30 until 22.00 approx,that would be 3 (yes three)not thirty three MTT.s,which were,£500 BH,8K Hitman qualifier, and one other, I lasted less than two minutes, ! in the latter two, and went two hours deep in the Bounty Hunter, for some reason, rightly or wrongly, one of the things that has always always stuck with me, is Mr Hellmuth’s often stated strategy, of, ‘when my money goes All In, I want to be favourite, if you think that through, getting it all in, as favourite, is a skill in itself? Well, it is to me, I will even throw out a genuine question, would love answers to, your opinion, the percentage split, in Poker Skill? Poker Knowledge-Maths? And Poker Luck? Know what I think, but are interested in the thoughts and views of others.
    This is the hand, that started my evening, do please feel free to laugh and cry, I was in the Big Blind, action went,fold,call,fold fold, guess what ? I cheekily raised it up! and took a look at the flop, which did not look to bad for me ! my flopped set of 9 9 9 ,( oh and it was a rainbow board ! 9c 9h 7s ) cheekily, I check my set back !

To my surprise 2000 chips get fired in, in front of me (this is heads up) I’m thinking, maybe a flopped fullhouse, maybe 10 8, up and down straight draw, maybe a better set?, so so close, to laying that down, and I genuinely thought, I’ve run so bad, for so long,whats the difference if I call it, so I did, have a guess?! Pocket 6 6,now have a guess what instantly appeared on the TURN !!!, I was advised here, to look at my exit hands, something I was doing anyway, but thanks to the advice given,(and it will take me weeks) I am relooking at every exit hand, which makes for very surprising reading, the variety of, exiting as a 90% favorite,that little scenario above, I get a shove, for 2000 chips, if I call it, it’s for all my chips ‘again’ ! As well.

1. I have to have the goods
    2. I have to think I am ahead
    3. I have to make the call
    4. I have to be correct

It went,tick,tick,tick,tick, again, and (having done the maths this morning) studying my exit hands,I know I am 90% favorite,never mind the 6 appearing in drawing two cards, in instantly appeared on the TURN, and I just had a fit of the giggles !

So, never mind, ‘onwards and upwards’, Can’t seem to get a 90% favourite to hold up, so I was thinking, keep believing, your time will come, that hand above, dumped me out after about 90 seconds, but no matter, that laughing did me good ! However, I wasn’t laughing a few minutes later, sitting their looking at my 3000 chip stack, I look down at pocket Ac 5c,flop cost zero, and while I am musing over seeing two clubs and a straight draw hit the flop for me, before you could say ‘oh golly gosh’, I see a 3000 chip shove cracked All In, which I am calling, then another 3000 shove from behind, 10000 chip pot, would you believe me if I said, I’m not up against, so much as a pocket pair (post flop) ! Just done the maths, studying my exit hands, here’s a surprise, I was favourite! the rag hand was 15%,any club from two,I've got the lot, any 3 makes a straight,plus, I have A 5 suited in my hand,not my lucky day ! Winning hand was a non pocket 8 8!

Non the less, that’s two exit hands studied, correct decisions from me, all the way, 90% massive favorite,correct call,insta rinsed on the turn, and Big Fav,three way all ins

‘I’m just unlucky’ !

Then it gets really good, £500 BH, about, two hours in, built a near 20,000 stack, from 2000 starting, playing like a rock, at the back of my mind, MattBates advise, build a stack, so you can take a hit, the next two hands, happened within the same one minute, both at 21.47, my full house ran into flopped and turn card, quad 4 4 4 4, my stack could take the hit,then this was next (same minute, 21.47)

I am in the Big Blind (hand posted directly below, as proof, just like I can post every single hand, as proof, because guess what,all true, all proved and provable)

So I am in the Big Blind, I look down at pocket 10 10, action goes, call, fold, fold, fold, call, I raise it 600, which gets called and called, Flop comes 10c Jc 3d,
    Ladies and Gentlemen, fancy a little wager? ,if anyone can guess, what beat me here, you all win a Prawn Volavont !,I bet, you are thinking, I am going to write, my 10 10 10 ran into J J J ,not a chance, the hand, that beat me was pocket ,wait for it, Trey Deuce ! 3 2 !

Here are some figures for you, and this is after, as I outlined at the start of this post;

MTT number one, dumped out, as 90% fav, MTT number two ,hero call, big fav,could not hold up, MTT number three,£500 Bounty Hunter,two hours play,20k chip stack,in the hand before this,I took a hit, fullhouse v quads, then this hand, me pocket 10 10 against pocket 2 3 Here's the numbers;

me pre flop 81% v 19% , me post flop 72% v 28%,me after the turn 80% v 20%, so only the jolly old river to come ! guess the rest,and I still had some chips left,and I got those All In with the Flush,and not a Scooby Doo of winning that hand either.

In the immortal words of a certain fictional character, otherwise known as; Mr Victor Meldrew, I ‘really do not believe it’

posting the hand,directly below this,as it will not let me post,in this post !

• Options
    DENNINGTONSmall blind300.00300.006450.00
    misterpjBig blind600.00900.007070.63
    Your hole cards
    rabskeba14Call600.001500.0012410.00
    Radar1964Fold
    RedshaneFold
    KowbhoysFold
    DENNINGTONCall300.001800.006150.00
    misterpjRaise600.002400.006470.63
    rabskeba14Call600.003000.0011810.00
    DENNINGTONCall600.003600.005550.00
    Flop
    • J
    DENNINGTONCheck
    misterpjBet1800.005400.004670.63
    rabskeba14Fold
    DENNINGTONCall1800.007200.003750.00
    Turn
    DENNINGTONAll-in3750.0010950.000.00
    misterpjAll-in4670.6315620.630.00
    misterpjUnmatched bet920.6314700.00920.63
    DENNINGTONShow
    misterpjShow
    River
    • Q
    DENNINGTONWinFlush to the Queen14700.0014700.00
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited October 2018
    We all suffer a lot of bad beats. I’m as guilty as anyone for grumbling. Last night I ran terribly and the hand below is a good example. The player who 3bet shoved probably puts more volume in at Dyms than anyone else on the site and is a winning player.

I’m confused as to what you mean by irrefutable proof. Do you mean that it’s proof you’re running badly or something else?
    For me when I lose in these spots it’s just that I’m running badly.

Here’s the hand for you
    My Aces really got ‘smoked’ 😉

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    VlalIlia Small blind 150.00 150.00 2325.00
    JDMPGJJ Big blind 300.00 450.00 70.00
    Your hole cards
    A
    A

Princeb Fold
    Jac35 Raise 600.00 1050.00 1175.00
    VlalIlia All-in 2325.00 3375.00 0.00
    JDMPGJJ Fold
    Jac35 All-in 1175.00 4550.00 0.00
    VlalIlia Unmatched bet 700.00 3850.00 700.00
    VlalIlia Show
    Jac35 Show
    A
    A
    Flop

Turn

River

VlalIlia Win Full House, 10s and 5s 3850.00 4550.00
  • Options
    Jac35, if you want a chuckle,of all the players you could have highlighted, I had to laugh when you mention Viallia, all through the summer,I must have played at least 25 dyms a day,seated at tables with Viallia,who is a seriosly good player,so much so,I rarely got involved in the action when he raised, and if Viallia is who I think he is,if he ever played live at the Scotish Poker Festival,and wrote the odd poker article,I even met him way back.Your hand above,yep,it hurts,so your in good company,and the only thing irrefutable was meant to imply,was I am not exxagerating,a shocking run,in key hands,as a massive fav,in. MTT tourneys,not dyms. Best of luck
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    edited October 2018
    Mr PJ

Now that these hands have been up a few days have you had a look back at some of them in the cold light of day and considered how you could have played them differently? Obviously some of them are suck outs but others not so much.
  • Options
    Thankyou HENDRIK62

I am currently (as Poker is a hobby, and Passion) analysing nearly five months of hands, if I attempted to write about that now, it would take me, and ‘we’ would be here ,until Christmas, so, in complete fairness to me, and in complete fairness to any readers, every hand, in reverse chronological (of mine) in ,on this exact thread.(only caveat) I will leave the river straight over straight hand, until last, as it ‘just seems fitting to do so’ !

Pocket 10 10,flopped set of 10 10 10 ,two hours deep in a tourney, in the exact previous hand, my pocket 9 9, on a 2 4 4 board, made a house on the turn, and ran into quad, 4 4 4 4,I had, until that hit, made a 20000 stack, very next hand, Pocket 10 10,flopped set of 10 10 10,I am 80% fav pre,I am 80% fav after the turn, play that different ?correct play all the way,inc calling an all in in front, when I win the hand 8 times in ten (well I do in my poker club !) who had pocket 2 3 !, and rivered a flush.

Previous, my pocket A 5 clubs, zero to see the flop, which brought a further two clubs, and a straight draw, and I have an A in my hand, the pot was for 10000 chips in the 8k tourney, I could have laid that down ? why?, I call the All In, in front, hoping we go heads up, then there is an all in behind, neither other player had a pocket pair, plus, even three way, I was 60% fav against 15% rags and 25%, why would I play that different, I got all my money in three way, for a huge pot and I am 60% fav.

Previous, I flop a set of 9 9 9,on a 9 high board, I check that back (heads up) and in it gets fired in front of me, I was so nearly folding this, but called it, with all my chips, for what feels the millionth time, what do you think I ran into ? put it this way, I made the correct,right,read,decision call, because as soon as we turned our cards over, my set of 9 9 9 had got it all in, as 90% favorite,I was up against pocket 6 6 ,why would I play this any different ?, I am massive favorite,90% I win this hand nine times out of ten (well I do in my Poker club !) oh and by way way, a 6 instantly appeared on the turn, giving full house over set.

Previous Hand, me in the big blind, pocket 10h Kd (blinds are 800 1600) flop comes 10d 3h 5h,as you can see, I have flopped top pair 10 10 ,and top kicker K, 13,610 chips, get shoved in ,in front of me, and by the way, this was a final table of an MTT, four handed. I call it, and it’s for a 30,000 pot, and a bounty .I am an 88% favourite against a 12% shot, I have made a huge correct decision and call, I win that hand, nine times out of ten, (well I do in my Poker club!) Play it different! ‘Insta’ A appeared on the turn, go back to the hand above, it is an exact replica of this hand!

Thus far, the last four hands and play analysed, and I am never playing them any different in my life, if I did, I would be lying down as, 80% favourite, 60% favourite 90% favourite, and 88% favourite.

How can I be ‘cherry picking hands’ !,which I'm obviously not, as (a) they are posted here public (b) HENDRIK62 advised me to look if I should play my hands any different !

Previous hand, my pocket QQ v pocket AK, this the first hand dealt, after the five minute break, my exact dealt previous two pocket hands, were, JJ and QQ,and I could do nothing with them. Shove in front of me, what do I do I ask myself? lay it down ? Or fire it in that is yet again, the correct decision, ‘after an all in in front’ why? Because, (a) I had to call it, (b) I am 54% favourite v a 46% shot.

Except,for my,straight over straight made on the river hand,which could warrant an entire separate Poker debate on its own ! Above,are the exact and last,five chronological hands (of mine) posted.

All five,huge pots,all five,All Ins in front of me,all five,correct read correct decision;

As I am, 80% ,60% 90% 88% 54% favorite,and LOST every pot.

So in answer to your specific question, HENDRIK62, in the cold light of day,the answer is NO,I would not have played any hand any different,and in the 'warmth of my Poker club',you would be amazed how those percentages stand up !

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,730
    Hi Mr P.J.
    Hope you are well.
    Poker as you know is such a brutal game at times, akin to life really.

When we go out for a walk and step in some dog mess that some dastardly dog owner has somehow forgotten to pick up, it’s a bit of a drag yea? However if you consider the fact we are fit and healthy enough to enjoy the ‘glorious sunshine’ ( yea, I know...) it kinda puts a different take on the situation, shoes can be cleaned.

After that awful analogy of life in general.,I’d like to ask a favour of you, please can you post some hands of the tournament you reached the final table( prior to reaching ft) It may be that every hand you won you were favourite to do so, I’m guessing not though.

Hope variance changes for the better for you soon, and you have a splendid weekend.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,162
    Mr PJ

So you will continue to limp 73 UTG?
    Personally I think you could play that hand differently, but you seem to have already made up your mind so I will bid yu good luck in your future endeavors.

Adios
  • Options
    Good Afternoon,

The last thing, I expected to be doing,this afternoon,was this,but 'hey ho'

Do please digest the lot.

'been a while !' unanswered questions first,

Tom Good Un asked'.,I’d like to ask a favour of you, please can you post some hands of the tournament you reached the final table( prior to reaching ft) It may be that every hand you won you were favourite to do so, I’m guessing not though'

You would be guessing, incorrect !

Winning Hands,to build a Stack, AA (my) v QQ, QQ (my) v AK ,A8 (my) v A7 (action after I flopped top pair top kicker) and;

This Hand, someone ? card chasing a Q (oh,and do note) I had to call 1400 in front,after the turn.
    hashpadSmall blind40.0040.003792.50
    jocky96329Big blind80.00120.002245.00
    Your hole cards
    chrisdra27Fold
    HAIRMAN1Fold
    misterpjRaise160.00280.009885.00
    1875erCall160.00440.001740.00
    hashpadCall120.00560.003672.50
    jocky96329Raise320.00880.001925.00
    misterpjCall240.001120.009645.00
    1875erCall240.001360.001500.00
    hashpadCall240.001600.003432.50
    Flop
    • J
    hashpadCheck
    jocky96329Bet480.002080.001445.00
    misterpjCall480.002560.009165.00
    1875erFold
    hashpadFold
    Turn
    jocky96329Bet1440.004000.005.00
    misterpjCall1440.005440.007725.00
    River
    jocky96329All-in5.005445.000.00
    misterpjCall5.005450.007720.00
    jocky96329Show
    • K
    misterpjShow
    misterpjWinTwo Pairs, 9s and 4s5450.0013170.00
  • Options
    Next was (me pocket 5 5 ) anda flopped set of 5 5 5

Hand History #1327282155 (13:53 25/10/2018)

Oh, and then,this (p.s) is this enough ? !

Absolute Air, this Hand Below
    boultebSmall blind800.00800.0016810.00
    misterpjBig blind1600.002400.0025637.50
    Your hole cards
    • K
    hibsladFold
    cenachavFold
    boultebCall800.003200.0016010.00
    misterpjCheck
    Flop
    • Q
    boultebBet1600.004800.0014410.00
    misterpjCall1600.006400.0024037.50
    Turn
    boultebBet1600.008000.0012810.00
    misterpjCall1600.009600.0022437.50
    River
    boultebBet1600.0011200.0011210.00
    misterpjCall1600.0012800.0020837.50
    boultebShow
    • K
    misterpjShow
    • K
    misterpjWinPair of 6s12800.0033637.50

• Options
    Mr PJ

So you will continue to limp 73 UTG?
    Personally I think you could play that hand differently, but you seem to have already made up your mind so I will bid yu good luck in your future endeavors.

Hi Hendrik62

thanks for your comment.

I think,you know the answer to that ?, non the less,if I am playing my 'A'game, my usual modus operandi (UTG) would be,insta fold,unless,any pocket pair,(the lot) deuce deuce through to the Rockets,and A K, so, UTG, insta fold,unless a pocket pair,or AK, and, six handed, (obviously dependent on tourney situ) but, a raise X 2 3 4, (why ?) UTG usually the forgotten player,and some of my best wins (pots) live,have been spiking a set on the flop, etc etc.

By the way,what do you think of this play ?

On here, and not any kind of Donkament !, in UKOSP Main,(three weeks ago) I played only one event,the Saturday Night 15k £110 buy in main event, 190 runners of 'the best of the best.

Found it 'interesting' myself, lasted two hours thirty five minutes, played tighter than tight,(but chronically card dead) i.e flops seen two thirds of the way through 19%.

One of the 'whales' on here, did this,what do you think ?

Me, pocket AQ suited, (action heads up) and I raised,got a stonking re raise, to approx. 3250 (chip stacks) approx13000 and 9000 (me shorter) what do you guess that re raise was with ? I can tell you, pocket 3 5 ? .Ask who took down the hand,not me !, now, I amcertain sure, if I asked that player,the question,' do you always re raise a raise,with pocket 3 5 ,I am pretty certain, I know the answer,sometimes,it is just , ' mix it up'

If, anyone,wants to see,proof,of the most genuine,savage,protracted, (months)downswing,keep looking in.

Best Of Luck.
  • Options
    UKOSP mini

'oh,and by the way' try not to,laugh to much ' a little while ago, made a huge, re - resolve !, to play the best possible poker, you know the stuff,along the lines of, only open with the best 20% of possible pocket hands in Poker,aspire to see a flops seen average of below 20%, (and please) No potential Columbo's !, I do not include, 'tilt at Windmill freerolls'

Aspirations, to, possibly, pay ? join Sharkscope, for no other reason, to do a 'defrag/reset' end Dec / start Jan, etc etc.

Just a reminder, I am not, a multi table player,one tourney at a time,'full concentration'

Please do not suggest, anything,is convienient memory syndrome,surely,there hasto be ? one ? some players on here,who because of their game style, do not dish out beats and suckouts to other players,as generally,they are not in with junk,Idish out a math defying beat,once in a blue moon,and that would tend to be, AA KK spike a K,or pocket 10 10 v pocket JJ all in all in , and spike a 10, 'once in a blue moon.

UKSOP mini, played three, and only three torneys,first two,not a prayer,and then this.

Build a stack, playing quality poker,take mental notes,on certain players,who are loose,and the one I am about to highlight,shoved it,more than once,with air.

I keep reading,how, 'the best players' ? come to the fore,you know,cream rises to the top,well,in the following hand,I had to call,for my tourney life,to a huge shove, me pocket 7 7 , the pot wasfor a top ten place,have a look;
    johnjoe81Small blind150.00150.005760.00
    SidV79Big blind300.00450.009015.00
    Your hole cards
    misterpjCall300.00750.006665.00
    cassaFold
    pikebaitFold
    RossMcFold
    johnjoe81Fold
    SidV79All-in9015.009765.000.00
    misterpjAll-in6665.0016430.000.00
    SidV79Unmatched bet2350.0014080.002350.00