You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Manchester Grand Final Live Update

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    SUPERSNEDDSUPERSNEDD Member Posts: 910
    Thanks for the updates - enjoyed the event met some great new characters and looking forward to doing it again next February
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,218
    edited December 2018
    Essexphil said:

Thanks, Tony.

Sky organise them well, but you make them special...

defo MASSIVE +1 to this

.... and really well done to Groggy, Simon, Alvez and SKY Sam too. You can defo buy me that Pint you owe me now Groggs :D;)
  • Options
    DoyleBrunDoyleBrun Member Posts: 1,296
    Thank you Tikay and all the team loved the updates will try and satt' into SPT in Manchester.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,537
    Lovely lovely read. Thanks for the commentary.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,536
    great read thanks for the updates
  • Options
    memfnomemfno Member Posts: 461
    Congrats to all who qualified and bigger congrats to all who cashed. To Sky Poker, running only 3 Satellite finals to qualify was from the very start, clearly insufficient to allow enough opportunities for the lesser bank rolled players to qualify, and i hope the suits upstairs learn from this overlay to run at least 5 weeks in advance of all future SPTs.
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,630
    I will second that.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 857
    I just wanted to say well done on getting the structure right. This one was different from the other events as it has a bigger buy-in and hence more starting chips plus it had a big blind ante which seemed very popular. One level did get missed out on the final day, totally by mistake, but if there hadn't have been a deal then I guess it would have finished around 2am or 3am so it couldn't have really been any slower than that. I also felt that the standard in the final was very high and the cream rose to the top. Good to see three real Sky regulars there.
  • Options
    FeelGroggyFeelGroggy Member Posts: 828
    Big +1 on improved structure. Starting with 300bb as opposed to 500bb was much better. Also BB ante sped things up wonderfully. Would like to see a similar structure in future SPT's. Maybe starting with 200bb feels like a sweet spot where recreational players still have plenty of chips to get involved with and also the structure not having to compensate later by descending into a crapshoot later in the competition, i.e Brighton.