You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Talking Sport

Comments

• Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

^^^^^

Amazing story, @dobiesdraw

Sky Poker has it's own marathon runner, @GaryQQQ. He's walked or ran right round the UK, & run marathons in the USA. He's no spring chicken, either.
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Tikay10 said:

^^^^^

Sky Poker has it's own marathon runner, @GaryQQQ. He's walked or ran right round the UK, & run marathons in the USA. He's no spring chicken, either.

Hardly in the same league , but I'm going to push myself in May and do the Dalesway in 6 days , just walking . Won't seem like much of a challenge to marathon runners , but I'm 65 , a bit overweight and not particularly fit . I've done Ilkley to gearstones in seperate stages , but have wanted to do it in one go for ages .

http://www.dalesway.org/route.html
    Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

^^^^^

Hardly in the same league , but I'm going to push myself in May and do the Dalesway in 6 days , just walking . Won't seem like much of a challenge to marathon runners , but I'm 65 , a bit overweight and not particularly fit . I've done Ilkley to gearstones in seperate stages , but have wanted to do it in one go for ages .

Respect to you - keep us updated please.

I'm a tad older than you, & struggle to walk three miles per day, so I can only look on with envy.
    Tikay10 said:

Type your comment

Tikay10 said:

^^^^^

Respect to you - keep us updated please.

I'm a tad older than you, & struggle to walk three miles per day, so I can only look on with envy.
    Ty ..Im going to try and do a bit of a written journal each night , and then will put something down on here when I get back home in a mini diary ..can't guarantee it will be much of a read , but might be interesting for anyone considering doing it in the future ( albeit , there are a lot of journals online ) . We will be camping ( my partner will be driving and setting up each day ) , so the campsite reviews might be of more interest . Anyway , won't hog anymore of whats meant to be a sports thread :)

Nothing of note in last night's football, with Man City winning 2-0 at Everton to go top, & Brighton beating West Brom in extra time after the home side briefly held the lead. The Hawthorns looked barely a quarter full, such was the (lack of) interest.

The only football tonight the semi-final of the League Cup between Arsenal & Man United, but as it is women's football, it's of little interest to anyone.

In the Gloucestershire Snooker championships, aka Coral World Grand Prix, 18 year old Yuan Sijun beat Mark Williams, eliciting a furious row on Twitter between Stephen Hendry ("he's a great prospect") & snooker blogger "snookerbacker who Tweeted "he is nothing special".

I'm with Mr Hendry on this one, the kid looks something special to me & has a great future if he keeps his nose clean.

The big sports story of the day though, not even close, was the news that equine 'flu has caused the abandonment of all 4 UK horse racing meets today, as well as Wolverhampton on Saturday, &, perhaps, many more abandonments to come, maybe even Cheltenham Festival.

Seriously bad news for everyone involved in the gee gees.
    Tikay10 said:

Nothing of note in last night's football, with Man City winning 2-0 at Everton to go top, & Brighton beating West Brom in extra time after the home side briefly held the lead. The Hawthorns looked barely a quarter full, such was the (lack of) interest.

The only football tonight the semi-final of the League Cup between Arsenal & Man United, but as it is women's football, it's of little interest to anyone.

:o>:) Nearly bit

;)

I genuinely find it hard to get interested in any women's sport except, on occasions, tennis & golf.
    d
    Tikay10 said:

;)

I genuinely find it hard to get interested in any women's sport except, on occasions, tennis & golf.

It's a successfull Arsenal team ...how can you not be interested ? We don't have much to shout about these days :(

Ouchio.

Fair comment though.

So if you fancy some live televised sport tonight, & don't mind a beery, laddish audience acting like 5 year olds, & truly dreadful commentators, Premier League Darts kicks off the season.
  • MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,606
    Tikay10 said:

So if you fancy some live televised sport tonight, & don't mind a beery, laddish audience acting like 5 year olds, & truly dreadful commentators, Premier League Darts kicks off the season.

"STAND UP, IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS...
    STAND UP, IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS...."

(I have forgot the rest of the song)

TBH, I find myself watching some sports with the volume turned right down nowadays. Darts....one day cricket (music after ever over/wicket?).....golf ('get in the hole' off the tee on a par 5?)...Always have the footy and snooker on full blast though.
    MAXALLY said:

Tikay10 said:

"STAND UP, IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS...
    STAND UP, IF YOU LOVE THE DARTS...."

(I have forgot the rest of the song)

TBH, I find myself watching some sports with the volume turned right down nowadays. Darts....one day cricket (music after ever over/wicket?).....golf ('get in the hole' off the tee on a par 5?)...Always have the footy and snooker on full blast though.
    People can't commentate without shouting these days ...we need to clone Peter Alliss :)
    Vivianne Miedema scored twice as holders Arsenal reached the Women's League Cup final with victory over Championship side Manchester United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47063386
    World Grand Prix: Mark Allen has no regrets after controversially conceding match

Mark Allen was unrepentant despite facing a fine for conceding his game against Ali Carter in bizarre fashion at the World Grand Prix in Cheltenham.

The Northern Ireland man, 32, was 24-2 down in frame five when he conceded, having gone in off after missing a yellow, to leave Carter a 4-1 winner.

There were 11 reds left on the table at the time - and a possible 115 points.

Asked if regretted his actions, Allen replied: "Not at all. I don't regret much that I've done over the years."

Describing the playing conditions of the match table as "disgusting", Allen added: "It's out of character but it's just the way I felt today.

"What's the point of the audience watching me miss more and more?

"I felt like I had to hit the ball so hard to move the white. It was really heavy and then you get annoyed because you look over at table two and it looks to be playing beautifully."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/47162102

World Grand Prix: Mark Allen has no regrets after controversially conceding match

Mark Allen was unrepentant despite facing a fine for conceding his game against Ali Carter in bizarre fashion at the World Grand Prix in Cheltenham.

The Northern Ireland man, 32, was 24-2 down in frame five when he conceded, having gone in off after missing a yellow, to leave Carter a 4-1 winner.

There were 11 reds left on the table at the time - and a possible 115 points.

Asked if regretted his actions, Allen replied: "Not at all. I don't regret much that I've done over the years."

Describing the playing conditions of the match table as "disgusting", Allen added: "It's out of character but it's just the way I felt today.

"What's the point of the audience watching me miss more and more?

"I felt like I had to hit the ball so hard to move the white. It was really heavy and then you get annoyed because you look over at table two and it looks to be playing beautifully."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/47162102

Seems a reasonable excuse.

Wonder what the table his opponent, Ali Carter, played on?
    How to ski when you can't use your legs
    Frank Gardner was paralysed when he was shot six times in 2004. Skiing was one of the joys he did not want to lose

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-47171881/how-to-ski-when-you-can-t-use-your-legs
  • HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
    Manchester United fan favourite Mickey Thomas diagnosed with cancer

Manchester United cult hero Mickey Thomas has stomach cancer, it has been revealed.
    Former Wales international and Wrexham legend Thomas, 64, received news of his diagnosis shortly after Christmas, according to reports.
    He is preparing for treatment and a fundraising bid has been launched on GoFundMe to help support him.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/premier-league/manchester-united-fan-favourite-mickey-thomas-diagnosed-with-cancer/ar-BBTmIEy?ocid=spartandhp
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    edited February 2019
    Tikay10 said:

;)