You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Talking Sport

124»

Comments

• EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,520
    It's not a bit leaky , it's like Niagra falls :D ...as i added , Lichsteiner and Leno have been abysmal , and I think his priority should have been to focus on defence ...we already had the firepower up front with Wenger , they just needed motivating.

There is nothing good on TV, and I fancied a night off from poker. Consequently, I am watching Arsenal play in some form of junior competition :)

I'm fascinated watching Lichsteiner play. I am at a loss to know why Arsenal signed him. He is now 35, and you only signed him 6 months ago. Arsenal have a quality RB in Bellerin, and have a good prospect who can play at RB in Maitland-Niles. In your 25-man squad, you also have Jenkinson, and CBs with experience at RB, such as Holding and Koscielny. You have a RB/CB out on loan (Chambers). At what point was it decided that you need to sign a 34-year-old RB whose best days are self-evidently behind him?

Leno? Every club signs players that don't work out. But I will never understand signing Lichsteiner.
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Essexphil said:

It's not a bit leaky , it's like Niagra falls :D ...as i added , Lichsteiner and Leno have been abysmal , and I think his priority should have been to focus on defence ...we already had the firepower up front with Wenger , they just needed motivating.

There is nothing good on TV, and I fancied a night off from poker. Consequently, I am watching Arsenal play in some form of junior competition :)

I'm fascinated watching Lichsteiner play. I am at a loss to know why Arsenal signed him. He is now 35, and you only signed him 6 months ago. Arsenal have a quality RB in Bellerin, and have a good prospect who can play at RB in Maitland-Niles. In your 25-man squad, you also have Jenkinson, and CBs with experience at RB, such as Holding and Koscielny. You have a RB/CB out on loan (Chambers). At what point was it decided that you need to sign a 34-year-old RB whose best days are self-evidently behind him?

Leno? Every club signs players that don't work out. But I will never understand signing Lichsteiner.

God knows what the rationale was behind it ......I wanted Enrique as next manager , but I guess the board wanted someone who wouldn't make waves , but I guess that's a different talking point . Looks like heading for last 16 on a positive though ..( prob cursed us now )
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,834
    Re Arsenal,was amazed when they gave Ozil a new contract and paid him that much per week, that deal handcuffed the new coach before the old one had left.
    How Xhaka gets a game week in week out is beyond me. Steve Boulder is another who you wonder about, he may not sign players, but he has not been able to improve that defence for a number of years and somehow survived Wenger’s departure.
    Agree that Maitland-Nile’s has looked good when given an opportunity.
    They have big problems to solve and in top premier league club terms , no money to solve them with. The lack of Champions League football will only complicate things further, a lack of funds and inability to attract top players if not in the competition will hurt them going forward.
    Massive club, but , in terms of being relative at the business end of tournaments, they have a long way to go.
    Craziness ....of course squash should be included >>>

Paris 2024: Could squash take legal action over Olympic omission, asks Nick Matthew
    Britain's former world number one Nick Matthew has suggested there could be a legal challenge against squash's omission from the Olympics.

On Thursday, Paris organisers announced breakdancing was one of four sports to be proposed to the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for 2024.

Squash unsuccessfully campaigned for inclusion, having been rejected for London 2012, Rio 2016 and Tokyo 2020.

Matthew, 38, asked: "Can the sport take the IOC to court over past bids?"

Speaking to the Telegraph, the three-time world and Commonwealth champion added: "All the criteria which have been laid out have been ticked.

"We should have been part of the Olympic movement years ago, certainly from London 2012. It's very frustrating and I don't see anything that will change if we carry on doing the same things.

"Sports are being pulled from left field now."

Breakdancing's inclusion would be 'incredible step forward'
    Breakdancing was included in the Youth Olympic Games in Buenos Aires in 2018 and joins skateboarding, surfing and climbing - which will all debut at Tokyo 2020 - in being proposed to the IOC.

The body must reach a decision by December 2020.

Although he says he is not "advocating it", Matthew asked at what point a professional athlete could take legal action for being "denied a chance of a gold medal, which I can only see as negligence".

Saying he would be "fully supportive" of legal grounds for complaint, Matthew added: "Skateboarding didn't even have a national governing body when it was chosen as an Olympic sport.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/squash/47328750
    Dog catches 83-yard frisbee throw

Spectators were treated to a dog making an amazing 83-yard frisbee catch during half-time of the Orlando Apollos v Memphis Express game

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/american-football/47359232
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

^^^^

During breaks of play at Las Vegas 51ers Baseball Games, they have a dog called Finn who takes water to the umpires......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S9UMOZVDbM
    You can see the dogs love it as well .
    Watch: Luis Suarez scores Panenka-style penalty as Barcelona thrash Real Madrid

https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/watch-suarezs-panenka-penalty/159098
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273

Tinker no more......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47401305

It's all getting just so ridiculous.
  • edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,904
    Remember thinking at the time that this could go very wrong,

Fulham team for,
    First Premier League Game v Palace-------Playoff final v Villa

Fabri------------------------------ Bettinelli

Chambers-------------------------- Fredericks
    Le Marchand------------------------ Odoi
    Christie---------------------------- Ream
    Bryan------------------------------ Targett

McDonald-------------------------- McDonald
    Cairney---------------------------- Cairney
    Seri------------------------------ Johansen
    Sessegnon------------------------- Sessegnon

Schurle---------------------------- Kamara
    Mitrovic--------------------------- Mitrovic

I bet there are plenty of Fulham fans who would rather have that team back plus the £100m, even if they have to start back in the Championshp.