You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Forum Comps discussion & suggestion thread

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Haven't got involved in this yet but will do. I think if you had a events thread with a calendar like Mumsie posted then people could post potential events which could be added and then it wouldn't take tikay very long to pick the 7 events for the week. Also, you could highlight specific days where events are light and people could post a few more obscure sporting events that occur on those days.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,076
    MattBates said:

Haven't got involved in this yet but will do. I think if you had a events thread with a calendar like Mumsie posted then people could post potential events which could be added and then it wouldn't take tikay very long to pick the 7 events for the week. Also, you could highlight specific days where events are light and people could post a few more obscure sporting events that occur on those days.

Good stuff by The Bates, thank you.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    r.e double points day ...don't see the problem with it as long as people know there will be one each week , makes it a bit more interesting , especially for people who might be lagging behind (keeps their interest going) .
    Perhaps the winner of the previous week should pick the double points day for the coming week.
  • Options

r.e double points day ...don't see the problem with it as long as people know there will be one each week , makes it a bit more interesting , especially for people who might be lagging behind (keeps their interest going) .
    Perhaps the winner of the previous week should pick the double points day for the coming week.

Thanks.

The bolded part was interesting. In effect, only 5 or 6 people were in with a shout on Sunday at single odds, it was a dead rubber really, apart from them, but 2X Odds did at least give more people a chance.

It may have been a bad call by me, no argument there, but i don't really think many folks were too bothered.

All good.*

* Except the bad.

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,470
    I think it might transpire that some folks are better than others at this competition, so the double odds bring fun and maybe sometimes evens out the miles ahead participants.

Which leads me to why not make Saturday & Sunday double points.

Even though it's free and fun, poker players being poker players enjoy any edges that can be gleaned.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

I think it might transpire that some folks are better than others at this competition, so the double odds bring fun and maybe sometimes evens out the miles ahead participants.

Even though it's free and fun, poker players being poker players enjoy any edges that can be gleaned.

Fair point.

Some folks think the Grand National winner is the best horse in the race, but unless it's top weight, it's not. It's a handicap, like many horse races, designed to even out skills & abilities.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

Fair point.

Some folks think the Grand National winner is the best horse in the race, but unless it's top weight, it's not. It's a handicap, like many horse races, designed to even out skills & abilities.

Think I'm a plater :D
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

Fair point.

Careful now, that has an alternative meaning.......
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Tikay10 said:

Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

Fair point.

Careful now, that has an alternative meaning.......
    Someone who plates metal ? ...google can't help me anymore than that ..#worried

Edit : Just found it :o ...for clarification I was referring to the horse term. :D
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,202
    mumsie said:

I mentioned it before, but I do think that one of the weekend matches could be done as a Correct Score match, which always has far bigger odds than the Match Result, and means 'The Lagging-Behinders' can go for a more outrageous scoreline. :)

Thanks ever so much for running this Forum comp. TiKay, and also thanks to Alan o:) for helping out too.

• Options

^^^^^

@MISTY4ME

Think there will likely be a correct score or two this week, Wales v Trinidad & Tobago for instance. With Wales 1/5 & the away boys 12/1 it just makes sense.
  • Options
    MasoniReefMasoniReef Member Posts: 168
    i spend a great deal of my life sports trading so i spend a great deal of time researching so no its not just fun and i just felt the people who put the effort in to get near the top for the last day was shafted over
    Whilst i appreciate its free and your trying to build it up and keep everyone involved changing golf posts also has the negative effect so much as to not get involved
    aint gonna put the effort in to get shafted over on last day to give buddies a mile away double odds chance
    if your going to run a competition run it with a clear structure curve balls on last day to level a playing field is so wrong
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,316

i spend a great deal of my life sports trading so i spend a great deal of time researching so no its not just fun and i just felt the people who put the effort in to get near the top for the last day was shafted over
    Whilst i appreciate its free and your trying to build it up and keep everyone involved changing golf posts also has the negative effect so much as to not get involved
    aint gonna put the effort in to get shafted over on last day to give buddies a mile away double odds chance
    if your going to run a competition run it with a clear structure curve balls on last day to level a playing field is so wrong

Hey

The 'curve ball' applied to all of us....

I get your frustration, if you had laid out money- but its a freebie..still bedding down as its only week 3..and sorry, when its a freebie it is just for fun! ( Too much adverse reaction early doors only means people putting in the effort to organise may not bother...)

Stick with it, TK will take on board all good ideas as it evolves
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,470
  • Options
    Very good. Buying money at 1/50, too.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    @Tikay10 US masters starts Thursday ...any chance of incorporating that into the weeks schedule in some way ...different markets already priced up , and could be selected before start of play ( i.e day before ) , would be a good finale maybe to have on the sunday ?
  • Options

@Tikay10 US masters starts Thursday ...any chance of incorporating that into the weeks schedule in some way ...different markets already priced up , and could be selected before start of play ( i.e day before ) , would be a good finale maybe to have on the sunday ?

The Masters is a little awkward, as due to the start time - effectively early afternoon UK time - (Augusta is 5 hours behind us) it means "Latest Entries" need to be around Midday, & that means many folks won't be able to enter. I could put it up a day earlier, but it all gets a bit confusing.

However, the current plan is to run a completely separate Masters Comp, alongside the regular Forum Comp. I just need to persuade the Suits to give us a few prizes, & if they agree, we will do it.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

The Masters is a little awkward, as due to the start time - effectively early afternoon UK time - (Augusta is 5 hours behind us) it means "Latest Entries" need to be around Midday, & that means many folks won't be able to enter. I could put it up a day earlier, but it all gets a bit confusing.

However, the current plan is to run a completely separate Masters Comp, alongside the regular Forum Comp. I just need to persuade the Suits to give us a few prizes, & if they agree, we will do it.
    Oh good stuff :)

• Options
    EvilPinguEvilPingu Member Posts: 3,462
    mumsie said:

Shocking overround.
  • Options

^^^^

@EvilPingu

Looks to be about 150%?

Not unreasonable, a mans gotta make a living.