You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SPT Glasgow Live Update

Comments

• Options
    SoulstoneSoulstone Member Posts: 3
    Tikay10 said:

Handsome John now has over 4 milly of the 6.5 milly in play, with the other 3 all pretty equal on about 800,000 each.

Handsome Johns nickname is "The Guv'nor"
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264
    Soulstone said:

Tikay10 said:

Handsome John now has over 4 milly of the 6.5 milly in play, with the other 3 all pretty equal on about 800,000 each.

Handsome Johns nickname is "The Guv'nor"
    Ha, I wonder why?

I got pally with him on previous visits, & love him to bits. Just as well, I'm not overly keen on getting wrong side of him.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Here's the chap who just blitzed a cash table here - very well done Craig.

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Good news from Stoke......

Carl (Timber) is our new champion here in Stoke taking home the first prize of £7,780 as well as the GPS Trophy!
  • Options
    18AND5TIME18AND5TIME Member Posts: 479
    GO'ED CARL WD Mate. Cheers Maxxy
  • Options

Had a nice chat during the break with Muhibur Rahman (seat 9), who told me he learned a lot from my advice on the TV Channel 10 years ago. Hard to believe, & almost certainly undeserved flattery, but he seemed genuine. I'm gonna believe him anyway.

Anyway, the thing is, he late-regged for this on Day 1A at the very end of Level 8, so had 25,000 chips at 400-800. By close of play, 4 levels later, he had 230,000. Proper spin-up that.
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Tikay10 said:

Had a nice chat during the break with Muhibur Rahman (seat 9), who told me he learned a lot from my advice on the TV Channel 10 years ago. Hard to believe, & almost certainly undeserved flattery, but he seemed genuine. I'm gonna believe him anyway.

Anyway, the thing is, he late-regged for this on Day 1A at the very end of Level 8, so had 25,000 chips at 400-800. By close of play, 4 levels later, he had 230,000. Proper spin-up that.

And I weigh 7 stone.

• Options

Tikay10 said:

And I weigh 7 stone.

Think it's infinitely more likely you weigh 7 stone than anyone learned 'owt from me on Sky Poker TV. However, I'm happy to believe the man. Deluded, but happy. Still, I must be able to bluff, as I got away with it for so long.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    I learned from you as well.

"Don't play like him" :)
  • Options

I gather Handsome John has made it clear "no deals", so we might be in for a long night.

With that in mind, a little story incoming, which anyone who has been here at SPT Glasgow will confirm.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    There's a chap here - a local - who has been present throughout the 3 days.

He played the SPT, & has been at the cash tables each evening.

He handles his chips & cards as adroitly as you or me, and right now, he is playing cash, & on a side table he has some sort of Mexican meal, which he is eating with a fork.

So what?

Well not only is he in a wheelchair, but he has no hands, in fact his arms seem to stop just beyond where his elbows would normally be. No hands, no fingers. Absolutely amazing, & it makes me think when I see that how much we take our health & bodies for granted.

Not taken any photos, obv that would be out of order, but he very much looks like a thalidomide victim, which those old enough to remember was a truly dreadful affair, though he seems a little young (mid-thirties) to be affected by that.
  • Options
    SoulstoneSoulstone Member Posts: 3
    Tikay10 said:

He handles his chips & cards as adroitly as you or me, and right now, he is playing cash, & on a side table he has some sort of Mexican meal, which he is eating with a fork.

So what?

Well not only is he in a wheelchair, but he has no hands, in fact his arms seem to stop just beyond where his elbows would normally be. No hands, no fingers. Absolutely amazing, & it makes me think when I see that how much we take our health & bodies for granted.

Not taken any photos, obv that would be out of order, but he very much looks like a thalidomide victim, which those old enough to remember was a truly dreadful affair, though he seems a little young (mid-thirties) to be affected by that.

Really nice bloke - he told me he used to be a paralympic swimmer for the UK previously when I was at his table.
  • Options
    Soulstone said:

Tikay10 said:

So what?

Really nice bloke - he told me he used to be a paralympic swimmer for the UK previously when I was at his table.
    Extraordinary.
  • Options

Meanwhile, back at the SPT, we are still 4 handed, but Muhibar seems to be imposing himself on the table, & is taking chips from everyone, including Handsome John. No surprise really, taught by me, see?

Thermostat is quite short now, & ZigZag, aka Zehua Zhang, is sort of comfortable.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,298
    Tikay10 said:

Seems like that although our crew did not do so well in SPT Glasgow, they are still doing OK, with Timber collecting 7 bags in Stoke, & this gentleman cleaning up at the cash table here, meaning we will deffo see him at SPT Brighton.

Who can name the lucky man?

Craig
  • Options
    day4eire76day4eire76 Member Posts: 912
    Thanks for the updates TK
  • Options

Thanks for the updates TK

Appreciated, thanks.
  • Options

Nothing of note happening here, though with Blinds now 40,000-80,000/80,000, & about to go 50k-100k/100k something is bound to give soon.

Bit worried it might not finish in time for me to catch my train in the morning at this rate.
  • Options
    gingerlamagingerlama Member Posts: 11
    great updates TK and thoroughly enjoyed this thread in between Premier league/Bahrain GP/EFL trophy/ LiverpoolvSpurs. What a day

• Options

great updates TK and thoroughly enjoyed this thread in between Premier league/Bahrain GP/EFL trophy/ LiverpoolvSpurs. What a day

Thanks @gingerlama

I'm a sports nut, as you clearly are, & I was pretty miffed to miss this weekend's sort, so much good stuff, especially the Matchplay Golf, Liverpool v Spurs, & the F1 GP. As you say, what a sporting day. And I missed the chuffing lot.