You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,163
    lucy4 said:

OK Haysie Ive spent several minutes going through the last few pages on this thread and have made a discovery.

You are a total nob, I mean really a complete tool. Its not that I dont think you raised some very good arguements for remain, which you did. But, your incessant trolling and continual posting of complete **** now proves that you are childish beyond comprehension.

I get it. You dont particularly care for Mr. Farage . One post is enough, maybe two at the most because unlike the ignorant remoaners, we leave voters are intelligent enough to understand your point first time.

You really need to get into a sport / hobby / life

Mark

I used to read Haysie's posts as originally he did make some valid points and I like to hear both sides of the debate.But now I just scroll past every post he makes as it's the same old childish quotes time and time again.For all I know he may still be making some valid points but I will never know as his posts now get completely ignored.So his attempt to get people to read his incessant posts has backfired,at least as far as I'm concerned.
    Sorry you feel that way.

Nothing much happening on Brexit for now as MPs are on holiday.

I would dispute posting the same old childish posts, I think the majority are different.

I think the only time I have reposted is in respect of the many unanswered questions.

When you search Nigel Farage lies, there is so much ammunition.

I must admit that I am not his biggest fan.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    EU WARNED: Brexit Party candidate insists it's his DUTY to PROTECT Britain from within EU

BREXITEER and prospective Brexit Party MEP John Longworth has said it is his duty to protect Britain as the UK looks set to take part in the European elections in May
    The prospective Brexit Party candidate insisted it would be his “duty” to reject the EU budget, should he be elected as an MEP. Speaking to Al Jazeera, Mr Longworth said: “I think what I would want to do is to make sure the British interests are protected. And if we can help to reform the European Union in the process then that would be great.
    He added: “I think bearing in mind the budget has historically not been signed off very often by the court of orders because it has been deemed to be corrupt, I think it would be my duty to actually object the budget. Wouldn’t it?”

Brexit Party frontman Nigel Farage today warned the EU he would be “coming back” to the European Parliament before adding that the Brexit Party would “sweep the board” in European elections if Britain takes part in them.

Addressing MEPs on Tuesday, Mr Farage said: “I think you are all going to be very very surprised by what happens on May 23 it will be a new future for British democracy, and goodness me, it’s needed.”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1115123/Brexit-news-UK-Nigel-Farage-Brexit-Party-EU-budget-European-elections-latest-Theresa-May
  • Options

OK Haysie Ive spent several minutes going through the last few pages on this thread and have made a discovery.

You are a total nob, I mean really a complete tool. Its not that I dont think you raised some very good arguements for remain, which you did. But, your incessant trolling and continual posting of complete **** now proves that you are childish beyond comprehension.

I get it. You dont particularly care for Mr. Farage . One post is enough, maybe two at the most because unlike the ignorant remoaners, we leave voters are intelligent enough to understand your point first time.

You really need to get into a sport / hobby / life

Mark

Congratulations on your discovery.

I cant help myself, I just dislike Nigel Farage, and wonder why more people cant see through him.

Even though I disagree with your views, I believe you are entitled to them, and wont resort to insults.

Many leave voters accuse remainers of questioning their intelligence, it seems to be the reverse as far as you are concerned.

If you search for Nigel Farage lies, there is an endless supply, and just posting one or two would simply not suffice.

I don't think that you could understand that he has lied so much, on so many diverse topics, from just one or two examples.

I don't intend offering you any advice on how you should spend your life, as I don't know you, or anything about you, and certainly wouldn't be that arrogant.

It would seem that the climate change protest got closer to Civil War than the Brexit Betrayal protest. They got 200 arrests, and Brexit only got 5.

• Options
    Nigel Farage

Verified account

@Nigel_Farage
    13h13 hours ago
    More
    The big problem is there has been no big political threat to the politicians over the last few years.

They’ve had it far too easy.

Enough is enough
  • Options
    The Brexit Party is holding a rally in Nottingham with Nigel Farage and other speakers to be announced. Join the Brexiteer fightback!
    About this Event
    Join us in Albert Hall Conference Centre, Nottingham, N Circus Street, NG15AA for 13:15 when doors open to start at 14:00.

Nigel Farage and other Brexit Party representatives will speak. It's not one to miss!

Date And Time
    Sat, 20 April 2019

14:00 – 16:00 BST

North Circus Street

Nottingham

NG1 5AA

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-brexit-party-rally-nottingham-tickets-60419492328
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Is Nigel Farage saying if he gets voted in he will actually attend meetings and vote this time round?
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Is Nigel Farage saying if he gets voted in he will actually attend meetings and vote this time round?

Why don't you tweet him with that question ?
    I'm sure he will be happy to answer you .

https://twitter.com/brexitparty_uk?lang=en-gb
  • Options
    I don’t do tw....ter

His voting record while a member of the influential European parliament fisheries committee is utterly dire – over three years, he turned up to one of 42 meetings. Research by Greenpeace shows that during the three major votes on the common fisheries policy, Farage failed to vote in favour of improving the legislation.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

I don’t do tw....ter

His voting record while a member of the influential European parliament fisheries committee is utterly dire – over three years, he turned up to one of 42 meetings. Research by Greenpeace shows that during the three major votes on the common fisheries policy, Farage failed to vote in favour of improving the legislation.

Try facebook then , we know you use that . You are unlikely to get an answer to your question on here .
  • Options
    edited April 2019

tomgoodun said:

I don’t do tw....ter

Try facebook then , we know you use that . You are unlikely to get an answer to your question on here .
    Not many questions get answered on this thread, whoever they are asked of.
  • Options

tomgoodun said:

I don’t do tw....ter

Given his record of ...let’s be polite, bending the truth at times, I don’t think it’s worth asking him personally, as you seem to be a fan of his latest venture, would you consider it to be absolutely necessary to attend meetings and vote?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

I don’t do tw....ter

Given his record of ...let’s be polite, bending the truth at times, I don’t think it’s worth asking him personally, as you seem to be a fan of his latest venture, would you consider it to be absolutely necessary to attend meetings and vote?
    Funny , If i was genuinely interested to know the answer to something , I would put the question directly to that person . You have the means to do so .

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Just , for the disruptive elements on here ...I would like to point out this isn't a Q & A thread ...if you want to know the answers to absolutely everything , then Haysie is your man , he can be found on the Brexit thread .
    Thanks for your time . :D
  • Options

The Brexit Party is holding a rally in Nottingham with Nigel Farage and other speakers to be announced. Join the Brexiteer fightback!
    About this Event
    Join us in Albert Hall Conference Centre, Nottingham, N Circus Street, NG15AA for 13:15 when doors open to start at 14:00.

Nigel Farage and other Brexit Party representatives will speak. It's not one to miss!

Date And Time
    Sat, 20 April 2019

14:00 – 16:00 BST

North Circus Street

Nottingham

NG1 5AA

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-brexit-party-rally-nottingham-tickets-60419492328

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,507
    Mistake to ignore Nigel.

With "Nigel" what you see is what you get........ warts an all......straight talking banana skin's Politics, thank goodness he didn't run away.
    As ( he ) would say to callers on his talk show " Love you're passion but we will have to agree to disagree."
    The cross roads, fork in the road (whatever) is coming "Democracy" is the price our Children pay for us to chose to stay in the ( EU over Leave ) it's their long term future at stake.
    If you are right and I'm wrong ( to Remain) is the best option then I trust the public voters to come to the correct decision at the ballot box.
  • Options
    Nigel Farage roasted after comparing Brexit delay to an African election being annulled

With his dream of a hard Brexit fading away quicker than the steam from your overpriced morning coffee, Nigel Farage is doing all he can to make people aware that we are still supposed to be leaving the EU.
    Aside from setting up his creatively titled 'Brexit Party,' which everyone is already sick of, Farage has been ranting on Twitter, this time complaining about the referendum result being annulled and his choice of analogy is certainly a little odd.
    In his divine wisdom, the former UKIP leader believes that left-wingers and the western population would be outraged if an African election result was overturned and that the UN should intervene.

Nigel Farage

@Nigel_Farage

Can you imagine if an African country held an election and the result was annulled?

Left wingers would be up in arms and so would the West. We would be demanding that the United Nations were sent in.

What is the difference here?

He's, of course, talking about Brexit still failing to actually happen but comparing it to an African election has left people a little baffled as to what he's actually trying to get at with someone accurately pointing out that there was a fair bit of cheating going on during the referendum.

David Lammy

@DavidLammy

What the **** has Africa got to do with it? Why the crude stereotype? It wasn’t an election anyway it was an advisory, non-binding referendum, your side lied repeatedly and both Leave EU and Vote Leave broke the law.

Con O'Neill

@cononeilluk

Well if the African election was found to be tampered with I think we'd be demanding a re-election..... no?

Emma Kennedy

@EmmaKennedy

You cheated. What’s your next point Nigel?

Also, Farage clearly doesn't keep up with the news that much, as we can't recall the referendum result (which wasn't an election either) ever being annulled.

Oliver Norgrove

@OliverNorgrove

erm, probably the fact that the referendum hasn't been annulled Nigel

The Agitator
    @UKDemockery

It wasn't an election and the result hasn't been annulled.

Trevor Warner
    @trevorw1953

Firstly, it wasn't an election, it was a referendum and an advisory one. Secondly, if the election/referendum had been won by illegality, fraud and interference from external powers as was the EU Referendum, it would be annulled. I can even cite the elections that have. #moron

In addition, Farage was given a brief history of annulled results, two of which have recently happened in Kenya and Switzerland.

Barny Skinner
    @barnyskinner

Kenya annulled their presidential election and reran it after proof of fraud. They were applauded for doing so, including by many in the west and on the left

Artie
    @Artie5mith

This might be one of Nigel's least well informed tweets
    A) a referendum is not an election
    B) Switzerland has overturned a result because public were misinformed
    C) Kenya nullified an election result due to irregularities, misuse of data and manipulation. No uproar, mostly praise

Dai Bach PUP!PPU!
    @MrDegueulasse

Strange how it feels like he wants to be called out every time his mouth opens.
    Kenya...Cambridge Analytica..ReRun
    Switzerland(not in Africa) dubious info...ReRun
    UK...Cambridge Analytica, dubious info, lies, dark money, inferred racism, blatant racism and more lies etc. etc.

Chris #RevokeA50 #BitchesAgainstBrexit #FBPE
    @jwahjwah

KENYA. Look it up.

Madsikatsi
    @Macid3000

Switzerland did it this week!

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-nigel-farage-delay-article-50-extension-africa-election-twitter-8873581
  • Options
    Pollster predicts Nigel Farage's new Brexit Party could WIN the European elections as they start the race in third place amid claims of a Tory 'donor strike'

A leading pollster has said Nigel Farage's new Brexit Party could defy doubters and win the European elections next month.

YouGov Political Research Manager Chris Curtis said it was 'entirely plausible' Mr Farage could upset conventional wisdom about new parties to top the poll.

A Farage-led Ukip pulled off a surprise win at the 2014 European elections, a feat seen by many as a precursor to the 2016 Brexit vote.

Mr Curtis said a combination of a weak Tory party and Mr Farage's direct attack on Ukip's drift toward the hard right would all help the Brexit Party.

A YouGov survey on the EU elections at the weekend put the new party in third place on 15 per cent, behind Labour on 24 per cent and the Tories on 16 per cent.

Adding to the trouble for Theresa May's party are fears of a 'donor strike' amid fury at the Prime Minister's handling of Brexit.

The elections on May 23 are only happening at all because the deal Mrs May negotiated with Brussels has been defeated three times by MPs.

Writing in The Guardian today, Mr Curtis said: 'It is entirely plausible that we are facing another Farage-shaped upset at the ballot box.

'While there are more than five weeks of campaigning to go, I certainly wouldn't bet against him.'

Mr Curtis said there are 'many reasons to believe' Mr Farage's new outfit could close the gap to the leading parties and win again.
    He said: 'Firstly, the Brexit party has already achieved a 15 per cent vote share as a force that is still fairly unknown, with the fieldwork for this poll taking place before the party officially launched last Friday.'

He added: 'Meanwhile Ukip, which is currently dividing the vote share, has not only lost its main salesman, but now finds itself being openly attached by him.

'It may be holding 14 per cent of the vote share in our European parliament poll, but it is easy to see how much of this could shift away once the campaign gets going.'
    The analysis comes amid claims the Conservative Party treasurer Sir Mick Davis has dipped into his own pocket to cover the campaign for Mrs May's party.

One Tory source told The Times: "Mick Davis is having to reach into his own pocket to fund campaigning, at least up front.

'Hopefully we'll recoup it later but Mick had to tell cabinet recently about the dire funding situation, particularly among Remain-leaning donors, because of the situation on Brexit."

Sir Mick has given £5.2 million to the Conservative Party since Electoral Commission records began, £295,000 of which was given in donations reported to the watchdog this year.

He became chief executive and treasurer in June 2017, shortly after the Tory's botched general election.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6931385/Pollster-predicts-Nigel-Farages-new-Brexit-Party-WIN-European-elections.html
  • Options

Just , for the disruptive elements on here ...I would like to point out this isn't a Q & A thread ...if you want to know the answers to absolutely everything , then Haysie is your man , he can be found on the Brexit thread .
    Thanks for your time . :D

No debate then?
    It is a Blue Peter thread, this is one someone else made earlier.
    Don't ask any question, or for clarification, or argue with it.
  • Options
    The Brexit Party

Verified account

@brexitparty_uk
    13h13 hours ago
    More The Brexit Party Retweeted Guy Verhofstadt
    The EU are desperate for May and Corbyn to trap us in.

We need fresh leadership to bring the country out of this humiliation.
  • Options
    Securing Brexit is the latest chapter in a centuries-old constitutional battle

The Prime Minister’s plan to drive her EU withdrawal deal through the Commons after Easter by bribing Jeremy Corbyn with an EU customs union will probably go down with voters like a lead balloon. It will also hasten her own exit. Even before Liam Fox, the International Trade Secretary, warned MPs that a customs union would give the EU power over the UK to clobber our economy, the scheme was unlikely to win over voters. In fact, on each attempt to keep the country under the EU by the back door of the economy, voters were already ahead of the curve. They declared against Chequers by two to one, and followed that with a thumbs down to the Withdrawal Agreement and its backstop customs union for the whole UK. These compromises, seen by the Government as the only way forward, have no appeal to the voters, whether they are Remainers or Leavers. Amongst Leavers, on both the left and the right, the antipathy to them goes far, far further back. It is a battle, not as the media claims in a ‘Tory’ war over Europe, but a chapter in an older struggle about the authority on which this country is ruled: that of the governing faction and its interest groups, or the people? The customs union is the latest episode in the story of the people’s determination to have a say in the laws under which they are governed, and thereby protect themselves and their country from arbitrary or bad rule. They showed this determination at the hustings, and at popular meetings, or through marches, movements, flysheets and ballads, even before many of them had the right to vote. Whatever the subject of the hour, great battles to enforce that principle – over tax, or for radical change to end the Corn Laws, to extend the franchise, home rule for Ireland, the 1910 budget, the House of Lords veto – and the accommodation of the popular will have brought long-term stability and security to the country. This has allowed orderly – often dramatic – change to happen, economic growth, prosperity and for people to have a real stake in how they are governed. In fact, in this country’s political system the struggles over how it is governed are in reality about who governs and about where sovereignty lies.

The battle over leaving the EU has been another such battle. Having waited the best part of three years and seen the date for Brexit come and go, Leave voters trust neither the Prime Minister to Leave, nor the Labour Opposition to force her hand. Indeed as Mrs May and Mr Corbyn schemed to stay in an EU customs union, Labour’s vote in the recent Newport West by-election dropped by almost 13 per cent, the Tories’ by 6 per cent and turnout halved, while UKIP, despite internal collapse, was up by 6 per cent. In another Newport by-election, almost a century earlier, voters rebelled more dramatically against the stitch-up between the two main parties, Liberal and Conservative, in a coalition government under Lloyd George. Rejecting the government candidate, they elected an independent Conservative. The next day Conservative MPs withdrew their support from the Government, which duly collapsed. It fell to a different Conservative leadership to restore and reshape political life, to respect the reality of the popular will and to accommodate Labour, in place of the Liberals, as as a principal political force. These changes restored the freedom and stability to inter-war Britain, brought peaceful, stable and free government here by contrast with the often violent, unstable or authoritarian regimes of left and right on a troubled inter-war continent. Baldwin trained two decades of new MPs to the humility that should guide their parliamentary life to remember ‘the people who put you here’ for it was they ‘who will remove you’. Baldwin also reflected the tradition of the founder of the modern Tory party, Sir Robert Peel, who had accepted the will of people flocking to the meeting halls and rooms, across Victorian England to demand the repeal of the protectionist Corn Laws. And he anticipated Churchill who, leading the war to resist German aggression and restore the freedom of conquered nations, described himself as the mouthpiece of the people, ‘the lion’s roar’.
    These leaders understood the nature of a tradition, shared in common by people across the parties, about Britain’s constitution and its democracy. That tradition prompted voters across the political divide to decide in 2016 to restore to this country its own way of ordering life, by freeing itself from the EU. Across the country, north, middle and south, YouGov has discovered that 46 per cent of people want to leave the EU without a deal if none is agreed, compared to 44 per cent for Remain, the lead being up to ten per cent in some regions – with only Scotland and London having a Remain majority. A local poll for Nottinghamshire Live found 48 per cent wanted a no-deal Brexit and 28 per cent wanted to Remain – only 2 per cent were for a customs union, and 4 per cent for Mrs May’s deal. People do not want another layer of Europe, its tariffs or laws slapped on with a customs union via Mrs May’s backstop or through a Corbyn-inspired deal. As both parties pay the price for flouting the democratic decision, a new Conservative leader must be installed now to change course so the UK genuinely leaves the EU on or before 31st October, with a revised deal from which the backstop is removed or ends by 31st December 2020, or on WTO terms. During the intervening six months the Government should work at full speed to make all ready so that a WTO exit at the end of October will be smooth and, in the current phrase, ‘orderly’ – while at the same the EU can practise its best endeavours to come up with the solution at which the German Chancellor-in-waiting has publicly hinted. For the UK exit should be treated as a matter of sovereignty under international law, not supplicancy to the EU. MPs, given the outrage amongst the majority of their voters, are unlikely to resist in sufficient numbers: the DUP will support and enough Labour MPs will recognise the game is up. But in the end it would be matter of political judgment whether to go to the country for a fresh mandate. It would not most likely come to an election. For the EU, more brazenly than ever, has laid down the law about when, how and whether indeed the UK’s democratic decision can be executed. In throwing Britain’s democracy (and the world’s fifth largest economy) to the mercy of Messrs Macron, Juncker, Tusk and Mrs Merkel, the Prime Minister has reached the end of her rope. Such humiliating supplication bears testimony to the corrupting nature of the EU. It makes it all the more urgent that we leave and leave quickly.
    https://brexitcentral.com/securing-brexit-is-the-latest-chapter-in-a-centuries-old-constitutional-battle/