You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    madprof said:

pointless, as usual...last response on this thread

• Options
    Despite the appearance of a disruptive troll this morning on the thread this will not be a venue for them and the subject title will not be derailed.
    For anyone who wasn't aware, the brexit party have according to various polls including yougov taken a lead over labour .

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Good Morning all
    It seems this thread is purely for the purpose of advertising a political party, it seems there’s no debate., am I correct in my assumption?

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,160
    Does Nigel Farage Tell Lies? Yes, Here's Five Of Them

When I held up a sign behind Nigel Farage on Wednesday it, to my shock, went viral. Less shocking was the torrent of abuse and hate that followed online. A lot of the accounts that targeted me called me childish - sure, it wasn't the most sophisticated act I've undertaken in politics. Some accused me of bullying the former-Ukip leader - undermining their argument somewhat by going on to call me a whole host of horrible names. A small number threatened my life.
    Quite a few, more understandably, asked me what Nigel Farage had done to deserve having a crudely, off the cuff note held up behind his head. For those people, here's a handy list of just five fibs Nigel Farage told that day and over the past decade. Small disclaimer, this list could have been much, much longer.

3. The EU is unelected
    In his speech, Farage accused the European Commission of being the sole arbiter of legislation in the European Union. He's got form on this, a lot of it. In reality the Commission takes it priorities from elected member state governments (the Council) and performs a role more akin to the British civil service. The third institution, the European Parliament, is made up of directly elected MEPs. Farage should know this by now, he's been one for over 10 years.

4. The majority of our laws are made by the EU
    Farage and his ilk have been getting away with this one for too long. He claims that 70% of the laws in the UK are made by the EU. The real number is difficult to quantify, but the independent House of Commons library put it at just 13.2%.

5. The EU costs Britain £55million a day
    Every time I hear this I'm immediately transported back to the referendum campaign and it makes me want to put my head through a wall. Let's be clear, the EU does not cost £55million every day. This is double the real number and does not account for the benefits we get back. And before you ask, no, £350million extra a week will not be given to the NHS when we leave. Nigel Farage and every other leading figure who backed leave distanced themselves the morning after the vote.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/seb-dance/nigel-farage-seb-dance_b_14591852.html
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Good Morning all
    It seems this thread is purely for the purpose of advertising a political party, it seems there’s no debate., am I correct in my assumption?

That's correct you are only allowed to post what someone else wrote earlier, just like Blue Peter.
    No questions, or anti Nigel Farage posts, no attention to his lies.
    The Climate people have over 300 arrests, Brexit Civil War still 5.
    If you have any details of Brexit Party rallies, then post them multiple times, despite the fact you aren't going.
    Nothing humorous about Nigel Farage.
    Maintain the pretence that the EU is unelected, despite the up coming elections.

Above all no debate.
  • Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41
    Ignore haysie, he showed what type of person he is when he said about shooting mps, and as for madprof never trust anyone who cannot stick to his word.(This wont be my last response on this thread).
  • Options
    Jeremy Hunt's new Brexit lies are playing Bannon's game, and driving British politics into the shadows

MPs like Rosie Cooper perhaps, her life saved by a brave undercover operation at the heart of right-wing extremists? MPs like Jo Cox, murdered by one such extremist before the referendum of 2016, won by Leave.
    You may remember Farage gloating on his night of victory, “without a bullet being fired”. He knew what he was doing. Did the BBC?
    If every generation has a darkest hour, a darkest month, a darkest year, this could well be ours. That is precisely what some people want. “Darkness is good,” said white supremacist Steve Bannon, self-styled architect of Trump’s America, at whose feet Johnson and Farage sit in obsequious wonder. Try to catch the footage of Bannon setting out his plans for global domination by the far right, and Farage telling him how he has grown in stature. Nauseating.
    I do not put Hunt in the same bracket as Farage, or Johnson. But his “lesson on Brexit” to Japanese students showed that he has potential to get there, as did his grotesque comparison six months ago between the EU and Soviet prisons.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-hunt-apos-brexit-lies-160300434.html
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    QPROBBO said:

Ignore haysie, he showed what type of person he is when he said about shooting mps, and as for madprof never trust anyone who cannot stick to his word.(This wont be my last response on this thread).

What did I say about shooting MPs?

What type of person am I ?

He wasn't badly injured. The flight was a political stunt. The UKIP banner caused the crash. He was criticised for wanting to light up a ****, whilst soaked in aviation fuel. The pilot later threatened to kill him.

On 6 May 2010, the morning of the election, Farage was travelling in a two-seater PZL-104 Wilga aircraft with a pro-UKIP banner attached, when the plane crashed.[66] Farage suffered injuries that were described as non-life-threatening.[67] Although his injuries were originally described as minor,[66] his sternum and ribs were broken and his lung punctured.[68] The Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) report said that the aeroplane was towing a banner, which caught in the tailplane, forcing the nose down.[69]
    On 1 December 2010, Justin Adams, the pilot of the aircraft involved in the accident, was charged with threatening to kill Farage in a separate incident.

UKIP forgot to put their party name on their candidate's ballot paper for the London mayoral election, 2012,[72] Laurence Webb appearing as "a fresh choice for London". Farage described the mistake as an internal error

3] Challenging Farage's viewpoint, Neil said that UKIP aspired to come top of the European elections, but while UKIP wanted to join the big time they were still seen as "unprofessional, amateur and even unacceptable".[73] In an interview, Farage described Baroness Warsi as "the lowest grade Chairman the Tory Party has ever had".[73]
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    tomgoodun said:

Good Morning all

Hey @tomgoodun - see my posts...I have tried but it seems dobiewdraws call me a troll fpr posting any responses..SOW
  • Options
    The Brexit Party
    21 minutes ago
    "I haven't fought my entire career to give up on Britain now. It's time to FIGHT BACK." - Nigel Farage, Leader of The Brexit Party.

• Options
    And a reminder :
    The Brexit Party is holding a rally in Nottingham with Nigel Farage and other speakers to be announced. Join the Brexiteer fightback!
    About this Event
    Join us in Albert Hall Conference Centre, Nottingham, N Circus Street, NG15AA for 13:15 when doors open to start at 14:00.

Nigel Farage and other Brexit Party representatives will speak. It's not one to miss!

Date And Time
    Sat, 20 April 2019, 14:00 BST

North Circus Street

Nottingham

NG1 5AA

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-brexit-party-rally-nottingham-tickets-60419492328
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    tomgoodun said:

Good Morning all

Nothing preventing you from debating ...just won't be happening with me ...so knock yourself out . :)
    I would also point out there are 18 categories on this forum , each with multiple posts , I'm sure If you really wanted a debate you could probably find one in amongst that lot somewhere.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

QPROBBO said:

On the Brexit thread, you posted about shooting mps.

As for what type of person you are, the post about shooting mps answers that.

• Options
    madprof said:

tomgoodun said:

Good Morning all

Hey @tomgoodun - see my posts...I have tried but it seems dobiewdraws call me a troll fpr posting any responses..SOW
    Is this your last post?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

QPROBBO said:

HAYSIE said:

QPROBBO said:

No I didn't

I am asking you, what type of person am I?

No I didn't

I am asking you, what type of person am I?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    The crass comment was posted in the petition thread . Remember now @HAYSIE .....funny how people have selective memory eh .

The exact quote from you was " I would like to shoot quite a few of them."
    With reference to politicians .

• Options
    QPROBBO said:

madprof said:

tomgoodun said:

Good Morning all

Is this your last post?
    What on earth would this have to do with you?
    Hes obviously changed his mind.
    Sue him.
  • Options

The crass comment was posted in the petition thread . Remember now @HAYSIE .....funny how people have selective memory eh .

I merely said I did not post it on the Brexit thread which was completely true.
    When did you start debating?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    HAYSIE said:

I merely said I did not post it on the Brexit thread which was completely true.
    When did you start debating?
    Putting you straight and exposing you for the extremely crass individual you are isn't debating ...now off you go and play . Horrible creature !
    By the way , just for clarity , that was me telling you exactly what I think of you .