You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726

tomgoodun said:

Good Morning

When voting for a political party, one should consider what policies they have.
    We all know the policies of the major parties to a certain degree (whether they carry out promises is another matter)
    Whilst I agree the political system in this country is seriously flawed, it would make sense to have some knowledge of the party who are saying they are going to change things.

So... rather than sound bites and slogans....

What are the policies of the Brexit Party?

Farage says Brexit party not planning to discuss policy in detail until after European elections. @tomgoodun As you are a remainer , and the clue is in the description, eurosceptic party, whatever the policies are , won't be of any interest to you . Thanks for calling . :)
    Rather arrogant to say what will or won’t interest me..

“ Vote for us and wait and see what our policies are”

It takes a special kind of person to be taken in not once ..but multiple times by slogans, surely people have learned something from the past lies.
  • Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41

It takes a special kind of person to be taken in not once ..but multiple times by slogans, surely people have learned something from the past lies.

Vote labour or tories, so they can lie about their policies.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

Good Morning

We all know the policies of the major parties to a certain degree (whether they carry out promises is another matter)
    Whilst I agree the political system in this country is seriously flawed, it would make sense to have some knowledge of the party who are saying they are going to change things.

Farage says Brexit party not planning to discuss policy in detail until after European elections. @tomgoodun As you are a remainer , and the clue is in the description, eurosceptic party, whatever the policies are , won't be of any interest to you . Thanks for calling . :)

Not arrogant at all to say what you are interested in , you've already made your viewpoint quite clear .
    To be honest you don't have the mental fortitude to debate without letting your emotions take control ( evidenced before ) ...so I am actually doing you a favour by not embarassing you anymore than you will already do to yourself .
    You are clearly not interested in the brexit party and have no interest in supporting them , so no point in elaborating further on the partys policies or agenda ..if you wish to know anything else ., google is your friend .......EXIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • Options

Nigel fighting wasps as well :

Q: Having been to a private school, and having a background in banking, what do you have in common with ordinary people?

Farage says he never worked in banking. Next question.

(Farage was a commodities trader in the City, not a banker.)

When pressed, Farage says he did not choose his parents, who sent him to a private school. He did not choose the name Nigel, he says.

He says he cares about democracy. That is something many people care about.

Farage says Brexit party victory at European elections would reduce chance of second referendum
    Q: In the past you said you would not mind a second referendum because you thought leave would win. Is that still your view?

Farage says what he said was that leave voters had to get read for a second referendum.

But do they want that referendum? No. They want the first one enacted.

He says the better the Brexit party does in the European elections, the less chance there will be of a second referendum.

Farage says the better the Brexit party does in the European elections, the less chance there will be of a second referendum

Q: You talk about targeting Labour heartlands. How do you think you will be received there? And, if you try to become an MP again, will you stand in a Labour seat?

On the issue of standing as an MP, Farage says he is focused on this election.

As for Labour heartlands, he says it is a mistake to think Euroscepticism is centred on the right.

He says Labour has its roots in democracy. And for that party to be telling Labour leave voters they got it wrong is a mistake.
    Claire Fox says Labour leave voters voted Labour in 2017 because they thought the party would deliver Brexit. But the party is now “sneering” at them. It deserves a “rhetorical **** nose” for treating them with such contempt.

She says she would have more respect for Labour if it chose a firm position - either remain or leave. But they have not got the courage to do that, she says.

Q: Isn’t it the case that the best way to get the Brexit you want is to have a change of Tory leader? Voting Brexit party in the European elections won’t make much difference. Shouldn’t you focus on changing Tory leader?

Farage says, in previous European election campaigns, he was told those elections would not change a thing. But he thinks he proved that argument wrong.

As for the Conservative party, he says it is a leave party in the country.

But it is up to the Conservative party to decide their future.

He says he has not seen a Tory leadership candidate who has not signed up to the withdrawal agreement.

He says the two-party system is bust. The Brexit party is the catalyst for real change.

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726

tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

Good Morning

Not arrogant at all to say what you are interested in , you've already made your viewpoint quite clear .
    To be honest you don't have the mental fortitude to debate without letting your emotions take control ( evidenced before ) ...so I am actually doing you a favour by not embarassing you anymore than you will already do to yourself .
    You are clearly not interested in the brexit party and have no interest in supporting them , so no point in elaborating further on the partys policies or agenda ..if you wish to know anything else ., google is your friend .......EXIT >>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Very kind of you to show consideration to my mental well being, I’m sure the personal digs were just a slip of the finger whilst typing.

Oh, and as much you you try, you aren’t in charge here, showing the exit sign to anyone isn’t in your remit.

Have a pleasant evening.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,429

Let's refrain from personal comments & slurs please, a better & more-rounded debate will ensue if we show each other a little more respect.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Let's refrain from personal comments & slurs please, a better & more-rounded debate will ensue if we show each other a little more respect.

Thanks.

I don't view trolling as being particularly respectful as it happens , but you are quite prepared to let that pass without comment
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

tomgoodun said:

Good Morning

Very kind of you to show consideration to my mental well being, I’m sure the personal digs were just a slip of the finger whilst typing.

Oh, and as much you you try, you aren’t in charge here, showing the exit sign to anyone isn’t in your remit.

Have a pleasant evening.
    Wrong again , was completely intentional .
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    Don't fall at the first hurdle there's a race to be won. cough!

https://youtu.be/hL9TejeJEkI
  • Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks.

So it is ok to threaten to shoot mps, ie haysie,s post on petition thread and no reprimand from tikay.
  • Options
    Shaking it here ... boss..... I'm only the Sentry after all.

https://youtu.be/QHgRvjAqC1Qhttps://youtu.be/QHgRvjAqC1Q
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,101
    edited April 2019
    People should be free to watch child **** and Jihadi videos online, says new Brexit Party candidate

The Government should not ban people from watching child **** and Jihadi videos online, one of the new candidates for Nigel Farage’s Brexit party has said.
    Claire Fox, a longstanding advocate of free speech, was one of 13 Brexit Party candidates who have been unveiled by Mr Farage's party to fight the European Parliament elections on May 23.
    The identities of a further 60 candidates are due to be announced by Mr Farage and his party's chairman Richard Tice are due to be made public over the next 48 hours.
    She tells today's Chopper’s Brexit Podcast - which you can listen to easily by logging in or subscribing below - “I do not want to give the state and the authorities the right to ban things...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/04/25/people-should-free-watch-child-****-jihadi-videos-online-says/
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2019

DDT12 hours ago
    Apart from Ann Widdecombe, had anyone actually heard about any of these "Big Names" before?
    Is Ann Widdecombe an asset or a liability to the Brexit Party?
    Also, is it being written into the Job Contract of each MEP position up for grabs, that in the event of the UK leaving the EU before the normal Term ends, then they will simply be paid for the time that they have served as an MEP and if such is less than 2 Years, then they are not entitled to Redundancy/Ex Gratia or indeed any other payments by another title. They should also not have served long enough to be entitled to an EU Pension paid at the expense of the British Taxpayer.
    I say this, not only with regard to Brexit Party MEP's, but any & all successful Candidates at the forthcoming EU Election.
    They cannot expect to be given extra financial payment if they are no longer actually doing the very job that they are Elected to do. We are giving financial support to more than enough Politicians who seem to be unable or unwilling to perform their duties in the British Parliament, without adding more bloodsuckers to the payroll.
  • Options
    When you get a "Dot" someone has overstepped the mark.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,036
    edited April 2019
    goldon said:

When you get a "Dot" someone has overstepped the mark.

Someone might be in distress and could only manage the first 'DOT'.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Rabbit in the headlights of remain. As a kid I used to play kick the can down the road.... good fun....... Mm! those were the days no x box .......zzzzzzzzznoose
  • Options
    Sad when PMs feel the need to go on Reality Shows to get noticed or make money. Nigel thinks she's a big catch and he'd be right ..... splutter! but when you're setting up home you have to make do with the cheap furniture (first) till you can afford the good stuff.
  • Options
    OP call A&E

• Options

Last year Richard Tice applied to be Mayor of London in 2020 for the Tories, before leaving in disgust