You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2019
    HAYSIE said:

He shot radioactive wolves, dropped acid – and now he backs Nigel Farage

The real job that Daubney held for eight years at Loaded involved such tasks as shooting radioactive wolves from a helicopter in Chernobyl, taking acid to celebrate LSD’s 40th anniversary, drinking a lot of alcohol, ogling women’s breasts and, in his own words, being “a skilled defender of the indefensible”.

Cynics might argue that it’s the perfect CV for someone looking to get ahead in Brussels. But what expertise do Daubney and his fellow party novices have to offer voters that more experienced politicians cannot?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/shot-radioactive-wolves-dropped-acid-120006636.html

Which experienced politicians have performed well in your opinion ?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    Brexit is not about being better off....... it's about not being worse off.
    Which is what our children will be if remaining in the EU they'll have no say in their future.

While MPs in Parliament are taking pay rise & holidays Nigel is working to get the sack from his very highly paid job. Now! why would anyone want to do that.?

Could it be "Democracy"
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    QPROBBO said:

https://www.indy100.com/article/nigel-farage-brexit-party-eu-election-semi-retirement-tweet-8889026?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2jaJhYhbzwHVbhjXZeKsUi2igu4pGz1RccRooLtH6LqQnhsqBhQtcXsUg#Echobox=1556380218

''A quick reminder that Nigel Farage is an MEP for which he is paid €101,808 a year. He does so little to 'earn' a salary that most people could only dream of earning that he considers himself in semi-retirement. Can we please Bury this 'man-of-the-people' guff''

July 2016;
    ''Farage will be back. Not as quickly as last time but he needs to distance himself from the reality of Brexit so he can claim betrayal later''

A quick reminder he is one of 73 MEP's who are equally paid an extortionate amount of money ...another good reason for Brexit .
    What are the other good reasons? I have no plans this Saturday night despite being quite young so take your time, I'm all ears.....
    Google is you friend with that ...this isn't a Q & A thread, and I'm sure you won't have the time to read all the reasons anyway due to your hectic social life . Sleep well .
    Someone promoting and supporting the Brexit party is unwilling or unable to provide the other ''good reasons'' for Brexit.

Figures.
    There are 17.4 million good reasons for BREXIT.
    Ok, and what about actual tangible reasons? You know, like proper reasons. Come on, don't be shy.

Brexit in capitals as well? Very Rainman like.
  • Options
    goldon said:

Which is what our children will be if remaining in the EU they'll have no say in their future.

While MPs in Parliament are taking pay rise & holidays Nigel is working to get the sack from his very highly paid job. Now! why would anyone want to do that.?

Could it be "Democracy"

This is just word soup with no basis whatsoever.

Care to elaborate on how we'd be worse off staying in the EU?
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793

goldon said:

Could it be "Democracy"

I will put it in very simple language ...just for you .
    We consistently have a huge trade deficit with the EU , departing company will give us the opportunity to forge more profitable and lucrative trade deals across the world .
    We have been like a business , relying on a regular , safe ( but unprofitable) little contract with no desire to expand , invest and grow .
    I suggest you read the article I put up several posts ago about short termism in this country .
  • Options

goldon said:

Could it be "Democracy"

We consistently have a huge trade deficit with the EU , departing company will give us the opportunity to forge more profitable and lucrative trade deals across the world .
    We have been like a business , relying on a regular , safe ( but unprofitable) little contract with no desire to expand , invest and grow .
    I suggest you read the article I put up several posts ago about short termism in this country .
    I didn't ask you as I thought this wasn't a Q&A thread? But you're happy to answer when you feel like it?

So what are these exciting new trade deals we've either signed or got lined up?
  • Options

goldon said:

Could it be "Democracy"

I didn't ask you as I thought this wasn't a Q&A thread? But you're happy to answer when you feel like it?

Correct on both counts .
    I said it gives us the opportunity to do so .
  • Options

goldon said:

Could it be "Democracy"

Correct on both counts .
    Ok, opportunity, fantastic.

So what is in the pipeline then? Other countries must be falling over themselves to want to trade with us no?
    When can we expect these exciting ''opportunities'' to actually materialise into something?
  • Options

goldon said:

Could it be "Democracy"

Correct on both counts .

So what is in the pipeline then? Other countries must be falling over themselves to want to trade with us no?
    When can we expect these exciting ''opportunities'' to actually materialise into something?
    These are questions you should be asking your MP ...if you even know who that is .

Brexit: What trade deals has the UK done so far?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842
  • Options

goldon said:

Could it be "Democracy"

Correct on both counts .

These are questions you should be asking your MP ...if you even know who that is .

Brexit: What trade deals has the UK done so far?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47213842
    We have trade deals in place with those super powers the Faroe Islands and the Pacific Islands.

Sweet, what a time to be alive. I hear San Marino are desperate to get an exclusive trade deal with us too.

Brexit means Brexit, lets crack on with it. Sorry, BREXIT means BREXIT. I forget it's meaningless unless it's in caps.
  • Options

The Brexit Party is holding a rally in Newport. Join the Brexiteer fightback!

Join us at the Neon Theatre Newport at 7:00pm on Tuesday 30th April.

Date And Time
    Tue, 30 April 2019

19:00 – 21:00 BST

Clarence Place

Newport

NP19 7AB

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-brexit-party-newport-tickets-60816787649

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    The Brexit Marathon who will finish the Race first.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    For those misguided remainers who thinks being in the EU has been financially successfull for us ..please look >>>

• Options
    edited April 2019
    https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7851

That's a trade deficit of over 652 billion with the EU between 1999 and 2017
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,727

How can the UK turn that around?
    As you kindly suggested , google was my friend-

After the UK leaves the EU we will still continue to trade with EU countries. The government wants to negotiate a new trade agreement to make that trade easier.

If no new trade deal is negotiated and trade took place under World Trade Organisation rules, we would have to pay tariffs on some goods.

What benefit is that? ^
  • Options

The Brexit Party is holding a rally in Newport. Join the Brexiteer fightback!

Join us at the Neon Theatre Newport at 7:00pm on Tuesday 30th April.

Date And Time
    Tue, 30 April 2019

19:00 – 21:00 BST

Clarence Place

Newport

NP19 7AB

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-brexit-party-newport-tickets-60816787649

• Options
    tomgoodun said:

After the UK leaves the EU we will still continue to trade with EU countries. The government wants to negotiate a new trade agreement to make that trade easier.

If no new trade deal is negotiated and trade took place under World Trade Organisation rules, we would have to pay tariffs on some goods.

What benefit is that? ^
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    tomgoodun said:

What benefit is that? ^
    In simple by leaving the EU .

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/apr/08/why-the-uk-trade-deficit-with-the-eu-is-woeful-and-widening

“It is not surprising that our trade deficit with the EU continues to grow, because the single market and customs union does not represent a free trade area. It is a free trade area only in goods. Manufactured goods represent Germany’s comparative advantage, whereas ours is in services.

“We have entered into a lop-sided arrangement under which all impediments to trade have been removed from areas where our trading partners are strong but not from areas where we are strong. So obviously our overall trade deficit with them has gone on rising, and will continue to do so.”

Government short -termism has also played a massive part in this , and if you take the time to look back on the thread you will see a very well written piece that I have copied and pasted addressing that very issue .
  • Options
    Nigel Farage

Verified account

@Nigel_Farage
    Follow Follow @Nigel_Farage
    More
    Labour have abandoned their voters. When it comes to delaying Brexit they are just as guilty as the Tories and should be punished at the ballot box on May 23rd.