You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
  • Options
    Nigel Farage reveals Brexit Party will stand in next General Election

The new party leader said it will use the European Parliament elections as a 'springboard' for 2022

Nigel Farage's new Brexit Party is planning to run candidates in the next General Election, the Leave campaigner has revealed.

The ex-Ukip leader confirmed he will take on the Conservatives and Labour in a bid to stop Remain-backing MPs from blocking Brexit.

Mr Farage pledged to use next month's European Parliament elections as a "springboard" to take the party into power in Westminster.

The Brexit Party leader had previously vowed to steal Tory, Labour and Ukip votes in the elections, and has introduced a slew of candidates which he claims will "revolutionise and modernise politics".
    In an interview with The Sun on Thursday, Mr Farage said: "We want the European election to be the first step of a massive change that resteps entirely British politics and actually makes it look more like the country.

"MPs will realise that if they carry on trying to stop Brexit, they'll lose their seats at the next General Election. I think they will be very fearful of what the Brexit Party can do to them.

"That'll give them two choices - either they change and start to deliver Brexit, or we'll replace them at that General Election.

He added: "It's a springboard. If you show people you're capable of winning in one set of elections, people will start to believe that it's possible in a General Election too."

The party is planning to stand in the next general election, due in 2022, even if the Prime Minister delivers a Brexit deal.

This is because the group believes Theresa May's deal will not deliver on the result of the referendum, the newspaper reported.

Mr Farage said he formed the party to ensure Brexit is delivered.

Former Tory MP Ann Widdecombe and Jacob Rees-Mogg's sister Annunziata are among candidates signed up to stand in next month's elections.

A gay black man, a former professional opera singer and an ex "lads' mag" editor turned TV pundit were among the latest candidates announced by the party on Thursday.

Voters will go to the polls, if the European elections are held, on May 23.

Mr Farage left as leader of his former party, Ukip, criticising its closer association with ex-English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/nigel-farage-reveals-brexit-party-will-stand-in-next-general-election-a4126831.html
  • Options
    Brexit Party launches in Cumbria ahead of EU elections

The new-established Brexit Party - backed by Nigel Farage - has officially launched in Cumbria ahead of the upcoming European elections.

Local members are planning to hold events in Carlisle, Penrith, Workington, Kendal and Barrow in the coming weeks.

The party has just appointed John Stanyer, who led the Vote Leave campaign in the area, as its Cumbria chairman.

It was established by pro-leave supporters who are angry that the UK is still part of the European Union, despite the result of the Brexit referendum.

The extension to Article 50 means that we must now elect MEPs to sit in the European Parliament, with voters set to go to the polls on May 23.

Former Ukip leader Nigel Farage and ex-Conservative MP Ann Widdecombe are among the big names standing for the Brexit Party, which has also announced a list of north west candidates.

Mr Stanyer explained why he is backing it. “Our focus in entirely on getting the result of the referendum enacted,” he said.

“There is a feeling out there among the general public that the democratic vote has been overturned by politicians.

“About 55 per cent of people in Cumbria voted for Brexit and they are really annoyed. There’s also another group who actually voted remain but believe that the referendum result should be followed through. A lot of people feel our country has been humiliated on the world stage. We’ve been made to look like fools.”

Mr Stanyer said that nationally the party has gained more than 66,000 members in just a few weeks, and that is growing by the day. In Cumbria, he said they already have a loyal following of volunteers who are already out on the ground campaigning.
    He claimed the Brexit Party is very different from Ukip, despite having one of its most high-profile former leaders, in the shape of Mr Farage, as a candidate.

“We are a cross-party group. We are getting people from all sides of the argument - attracting supporters from the right and left. We are also doing things a bit differently from the way political parties have in the past. It’s less formal, [more] grassroots,” he said.

“Things are happening very quickly and time is of the essence. We’re already doing some leafleting and will be doing our first street stalls next weekend.”

Other parties are also fielding candidates in the MEP election.
    https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/17603624.brexit-party-launches-in-cumbria-ahead-of-eu-elections/
  • Options
    https://thebrexitparty.org/meet-our-candidates/

Scroll to the bottom to see the brexit party candidate for your region
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Is there one in Nuremberg?
  • Options

Is there one in Nottingham?
    We've already had that one ..keep up .

• Options
  • Options
    QPROBBOQPROBBO Member Posts: 41

More trolling from an idiot, and no sensible debate, still waiting for Tikay to warn the idiot about trolling. :D
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

More trolling from an idiot, and no sensible debate, still waiting for Tikay to warn the idiot about trolling. :D
    Be a long wait unfortunately ..protected species . :s
    Only one way ..out troll the trolls . :D

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120
    QPROBBO said:

Upcoming brexit party rallies >>>

httvps://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/the-brexit-party-19974491494

I am having a rare day off so can't deal with this right now but I will do so when I get back online.

Until then, my very strong advice to you is to stay off the thread and stay schtum.

I'd ask everyone else to avoid comment and speculation on QPROBBO for now please, too.
  • Options
    QPROBBO said:

You declined to answer my question put to you yesterday.

Maybe it was too hard to answer.
  • Options

QPROBBO said:

Leave it please hhy, and anyone else, I will be dealing with this later.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

QPROBBO said:

I am having a rare day off so can't deal with this right now but I will do so when I get back online.

Until then, my very strong advice to you is to stay off the thread and stay schtum.

I'd ask everyone else to avoid comment and speculation on QPROBBO for now please, too.
    Have I missed something here ?
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

QPROBBO said:

Leave it please hhy, and anyone else, I will be dealing with this later.
    Posted as you were posting, so we clashed.

Duly noted though :)
  • Options

Tikay10 said:

QPROBBO said:

Have I missed something here ?
    Probably, yes.

• Options
    Seen as I'm not in the loop with the weird cryptics going on here :( , we will get back to the subject .

Brexit party surges ahead in Euro polls

The Brexit Party has surged ahead in the polls for the European elections.

Nigel Farage's newly formed party took 28 per cent of the vote in a YouGov poll of 5,420 people, more than double the support for the Tories, who are on 13 per cent.

Labour took 22 per cent of the vote, while the Greens and Change UK both had 10 per cent each.

Britain is expected to take part in the EU elections on May 23 after the Government failed to agree a Brexit deal with Parliament.

West Midlands MEP and Brexit Party member Bill Etheridge said the polling showed that the public was fed up with the main parties '"appalling failure" over the UK's departure from the bloc.

"This is exactly what I thought we would see, and in the coming weeks I fully expect to see support for the Brexit Party increase further," he said.

"The response has been phenomenal, particularly in Leave voting areas such as the West Midlands where people are clearly angry and frustrated at the way the Conservatives and Labour have handled Brexit.

"From my experience campaigning in the Black Country the Conservative Party may well face the humiliation of a single figure vote."

Mr Etheridge said the party planned to target traditional Labour areas in the run up to the poll, in a bid to attract voters unhappy at Labour MPs' widespread support for a second referendum.

A separate Panelbase survey put the Conservatives and the Brexit Party level on 20 per cent, 13 points behind Labour.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/politics/2019/04/29/brexit-party-surged-ahead-in-euro-polls/

• Options

@JamesfWells
    Follow Follow @JamesfWells
    More
    I resigned as Head of UK Trade at the Office for National Statistics yesterday to stand as a #BrexitParty_UK MEP candidate for Wales because #Democracy matters!

Please follow me & retweet!

#brexit #MarchToLeave #BrexitBetrayal

• Options
    Brexit SHOCK: Moment Remainer applauds Nigel Farage – 'Wish we had YOU on our side!'

NIGEL FARAGE’S surge back to political prominence has inspired a Remainer to publicly applaud the Brexit Party leader’s “conviction”, lamenting that no one on his side of the debate displayed the same quality.
    Remainer Phil rang into LBC to ask Mr Farage a question but first stunned the former UKIP leader by congratulating him. He explained: “I just want to say - I’m on the Remain side and I just wish we had someone with the conviction you’ve got on our side. And I think you’ve done a brilliant job getting what you wanted.”
    Host Iain Dale amusingly chimed in, asking: “You don’t think Andrew Adonis fits the bill?”

A silence followed before Phil candidly replied: “Er…no.”

Laughing, Mr Farage weighed in: “Oh come on, Phil.

“You’ve got ChangeUK! You’ve got Chuka and his chums.
    “I mean, they must be your boys, surely?”

Phil burst into laughter, replying: “Not really, no.

“They’re just not quite coming across as clearly as you do.

“Which I think is very lucky for your side.”

Despite being formed only earlier this month, Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party is leading polls ahead of May’s European elections.

Mrs May’s Conservatives have dropped down to a measly third place behind Labour.

The latest Opinium poll shows that support for the Conservatives has fallen by three percent, while the Brexit Party’s has gone up by 16 percent since the study was last conducted on the day of its launch two weeks ago.

Elsewhere support for Labour has dropped by one point, while support for Mr Farage’s old party, UKIP, has plummeted by 10 percent, meaning they are expected to take just three percent of the vote, as opposed to Farage’s 28 percent.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1120485/brexit-news-nigel-farage-brexit-party-euro-elections-change-uk-lord-adonis-chuka-ummuna
  • Options