You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,211
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

That may be the case, although it wouldn't have made him a better person.
    How do you think the MPs might have delivered it?

Good person or bad person is down to personal preference,each to their own views.Many,many,many pages ago on your Brexit thread I stated that "In my view the negotiations should be led by someone who actually believed in leaving". You disagreed, are you still of that opinion? As for how I think the M.P's should've delivered it,me,you or anyone else on a poker forum are not qualified to answer that,that's what M.P's are supposedly for.Cameron,rightly or wrongly allowed the question to be asked,the country gave it's answer,so it should be upheld.
    I also think that whether someone is a good person or not, is determined by the evidence rather than personal preference.

To think that Farage is a good person, involves ignoring a lot of evidence to the contrary.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,027
    edited May 2019
    goldon said:

Hi Don

"The two party system is flawed". Says who? In totally unshocking news, that claim is made by all the Parties except for 2 parties. Liberals have been saying it since the 1920s, when they ceased being 1 of the 2 major parties. In other words, politicians say whatever suits them. It is in the interest of all the other parties to claim this.

Protest votes just don't work in General/European elections. People tended to vote for the Lib Dems in the Local Elections, giving false hope to Remainers. Now protest votes are going to cause nothing but division, and give false hope to people who want to leave.

No-one is saying Paypal isn't safe. There are rules that say only British people may provide funding for British elections, and only use British money. You cannot tell where the money has come from, unlike a bank transfer or cheque. It is a cornerstone of our democracy. And one that has already been broken during the 2016 vote.

The low turn out wasn't the fault of Remainers or Leavers. Blaming either is just wrong.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

Hi Tom,
    Here because OP Puppy fell in the Swamp....... I don't do Serious or War & Peace......so

The short version;
    Remainers will vote for remain candidate. Leavers will vote for Leave Candidates.

Whoever get the most votes gets elected, if it's Conservatives or Labour we're in trouble, if it's Nigel the message is clear for this Government get Brexit or face him setting up opposing party to fight next Election. The funds he is getting now is for EU election. Swampy is to far down the road asking for Manifesto's he's just set up Brexit Party 1st hurdle fight EU election, second hurdle, if the Public ask him to fight a General Election in the Future be another hurdle which will also need funding. People that send him Money do it willingly, he's not robbing them, they believe leaving the EU was correct and Brexit should be honoured. fwiw

Hi Don

The thing is, the times we are living in, and the position we are in is Deadly Serious.

“ People that send him money do it willingly”

The system that checks funding has got analogue rules in a digital world.

The Brexit party “ Check” the funding by URL , when asked if they check people’s addresses, the answer was “ We check e mail address”, they don’t seem to care where the funding comes from.

So, according to existing law, any payment under £500 is not classified as a donation. This means that when dealing with smaller sums of £500 or less, there is no legal requirement for details of these donations (such as individuals' names and addresses) to be reported to the Electoral Commission.

You could rightly say they aren’t breaking the rules
    Trouble is the rules are flawed....
    What’s to stop a person, or organisation sending multiple £499 donations?

Is there a bigger picture here?

Who EXACTLY benefits from the UK leaving the EU?

It’s gone far beyond “ The will of the people”

On the other thread, Graham posted that in the last EU elections, the turn out was 10%
    How come, everyone is now an expert on the EU and how horrible they are? Why not in the last Election did the “ Will of the people” not surface?

Ever had a feeling you’re being played?

It was 36% not 10%
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

Hi Tom,
    Here because OP Puppy fell in the Swamp....... I don't do Serious or War & Peace......so

The short version;
    Remainers will vote for remain candidate. Leavers will vote for Leave Candidates.

Whoever get the most votes gets elected, if it's Conservatives or Labour we're in trouble, if it's Nigel the message is clear for this Government get Brexit or face him setting up opposing party to fight next Election. The funds he is getting now is for EU election. Swampy is to far down the road asking for Manifesto's he's just set up Brexit Party 1st hurdle fight EU election, second hurdle, if the Public ask him to fight a General Election in the Future be another hurdle which will also need funding. People that send him Money do it willingly, he's not robbing them, they believe leaving the EU was correct and Brexit should be honoured. fwiw

Hi Don

The thing is, the times we are living in, and the position we are in is Deadly Serious.

The Brexit party “ Check” the funding by URL , when asked if they check people’s addresses, the answer was “ We check e mail address”, they don’t seem to care where the funding comes from.

So, according to existing law, any payment under £500 is not classified as a donation. This means that when dealing with smaller sums of £500 or less, there is no legal requirement for details of these donations (such as individuals' names and addresses) to be reported to the Electoral Commission.

On the other thread, Graham posted that in the last EU elections, the turn out was 10%
    How come, everyone is now an expert on the EU and how horrible they are? Why not in the last Election did the “ Will of the people” not surface?

It was 36%
    Apologies, I’m on the iPad, I read the thread then remembered wrong, thanks for clarification.
  • Options
    goldon said:

Hi Don

Hi again,
    Like Nigel said, the two party system is flawed and should (he) get the chance he would change it........ for what ...... is not yet clear.
    My personal view things do need change as my vote where I live has never counted till now with my protest vote in Local Elections and will count in tomorrows EU.
    If you don't think Nigel is credible them take look at alternative if you're looking for Whiter than White you gonna struggle. "Kylie syndrome"
    Paypal is save way to pay, why people use it, they have my details so can verify transaction. The low turn out was the fault of the Remainers as the Leavers didn't want to be part of the EU. When given the chance in the Referendum.... every leaver leaped.

I'm not sure if you pullin my chain here ....... what ever you do don't side with me as all that do mysteriously disappear,

The EU voting system is different from local and general elections.

Your vote has always counted in EU elections, unless you voted for Farage, in which case it has been wasted for 20 years.

How do you stop Russian bots donating?

Labour people that donate are members, have a say in Labour Party policy, and a vote in leadership elections.

Nigels people are allowed to donate, are not members, and don't have a say, or a vote on anything.

Which is democracy?
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

Good person or bad person is down to personal preference,each to their own views.Many,many,many pages ago on your Brexit thread I stated that "In my view the negotiations should be led by someone who actually believed in leaving". You disagreed, are you still of that opinion? As for how I think the M.P's should've delivered it,me,you or anyone else on a poker forum are not qualified to answer that,that's what M.P's are supposedly for.Cameron,rightly or wrongly allowed the question to be asked,the country gave it's answer,so it should be upheld.
    Theresa May produced a deal that could get us out of the EU.

The DUP that she relies on for her majority in Parliament are dead against it, and will never vote for it.

The ERG which is made up of over 100 Tory MPs, and the majority of them are dead against it.

The SNP, Lib Dems, Plaid Cymru, and the Greens all want a second referendum, as do around half the Labour MPs, and a smaller number of Tories.

Had the Brexit supporting ERG voted for her deal, it would have gone through and we would have left by now.

Can you blame the MPs that voted with their conscience and voted against the deal, because they didn't think it was a good one.

Are MPs responsible to their constituents, the country, or their party.

Scotland voted in favour of remaining, the SNP are in favour of remaining. So could you recommend that an SNP MP whose constituency voted in favour of remaining, as well as his party and his country, should be voting in Westminster to get us out of the EU?

Should any MP with a remain supporting constituency, be going against the people that elected him, and voting to get out.

What would you suggest as a solution?
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

HAYSIE said:

tomgoodun said:

goldon said:

Hi Tom,

The short version;

Hi Don

It was 36%
    Apologies, I’m on the iPad, I read the thread then remembered wrong, thanks for clarification.
    he did say 10%, but that is incorrect.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    goldon said:

My last post on this Thread thank you for participating make sure you vote tomorrow.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

Theresa May produced a deal that could get us out of the EU.

The DUP that she relies on for her majority in Parliament are dead against it, and will never vote for it.

The ERG which is made up of over 100 Tory MPs, and the majority of them are dead against it.

The SNP, Lib Dems, Plaid Cymru, and the Greens all want a second referendum, as do around half the Labour MPs, and a smaller number of Tories.

Had the Brexit supporting ERG voted for her deal, it would have gone through and we would have left by now.

Can you blame the MPs that voted with their conscience and voted against the deal, because they didn't think it was a good one.

Are MPs responsible to their constituents, the country, or their party.

Scotland voted in favour of remaining, the SNP are in favour of remaining. So could you recommend that an SNP MP whose constituency voted in favour of remaining, as well as his party and his country, should be voting in Westminster to get us out of the EU?

Should any MP with a remain supporting constituency, be going against the people that elected him, and voting to get out.

What would you suggest as a solution?

So just to get this clear in my mind.

In the eyes of Brexiteers, MPs that voted for the deal as a means of exiting the EU, are traitors.

Those MPs that haven't voted for the deal, are traitors, because they are keeping us in the EU.

That makes about as much sense as Brexit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wRucJDZwjY

Extraordinary moment Brexiteer calls pro-Brexit MP a traitor for voting for Brexit deal

Extraordinary moment Brexiteer calls pro-Brexit MP a traitor for voting for Brexit deal

A Tory Brexiteer was faced with the wrath of a fellow Leaver, who branded him a liar and a traitor during a television interview.
    David Davies, the MP for Monmouth, was speaking to BBC Wales about a rise in abuse against MPs when he was confronted by the woman.
    In the footage, the woman calls him a "traitor" when he tells her he is pro-Brexit but voted for Theresa May's deal.

"You are a liar. You did not vote to leave," she says.
    "Shame on you. You're a traitor," she adds.
    "You should feel uncomfortable. You've betrayed 17.4 million people.”

Hitting back at the Brexit voter, Mr Davies told her: “You are not a Brexiteer…
    “I don’t need to be given lectures by you.”
    He added: “People like you make me want to join the EU again.

Mr Davies is a Leave supporter who voted for Theresa May's Brexit deal

Speaking to the camera, Mr Davies, who has started wearing a body camera to and from Parliament in response to intimidation, says: "And that's what you put up with when you're out here all the time.”
    Welsh Assembly member Alun Davies re-tweeted the video clip and praised the politician for how he handled the incident.

"But we also need a conversation about how we can disagree with each other, have a serious debate and rebuild our politics. In Wales and the UK," he added.
    The Monmouth MP replied saying he "100%" agreed.

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/extraordinary-moment-brexiteer-calls-pro-brexit-mp-a-traitor-for-voting-for-brexit-deal-084513740.html
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Nigel Farage is undoubtedly a marmite character. He inspires loyalty in people. He has a tremendous record in getting people to vote for him once. But not twice.

Alan Sked is a man who knows him quite well. Not heard of him? He founded a Party called UKIP. at that time a Party neither of the Left or the Right. Just filled with people who disliked Europe.

He was removed from that Party by a faction led by the person who now claims to have founded UKIP. Nigel Farage. He has always claimed that Nigel did this by co-opting many new members from the BNP. It is certainly the case that UKIP moved radically to the right from that point on.

Alan Sked knows Nigel well. For obvious reasons, he is not well disposed towards him. But 2 phrases that he has used concerning Farage spring to mind.

"Dim-witted racist" makes me smile. But not nearly as much as "preposterous mountebank". A man summed up in 2 words.

Vote for whoever you want today. I think the "preposterous mountebank" party will do very well. And it will cause further delay to us leaving the EU. Which Farage will say is everyone else's fault. Much like the politician who said anyone voting for May's deal is "betraying Brexit, and a traitor". Really? So voting to leave is stopping us leaving?

I feel like I am living in the episode of "Yes, Prime minister" that never aired. Because it had an unbelievable storyline.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,513
    edited May 2019
    goldon said:

My last post on this Thread thank you for participating make sure you vote today.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    goldon said:

goldon said:

My last post on this Thread thank you for participating make sure you vote today.

Not sure it is the last post if you keep saying it :)

We will never agree on this, Goldon, but i wish you well
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

goldon said:

goldon said:

He is saying it every day, like he is trying to convince himself.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,190
    HAYSIE said:

goldon said:

You voting for her.
    You voting for him.

Id rather shove live wasps up my backside than vote for either of them.
    Is that actually possible?
    Yes you get a funnei insert the narrow end between the cheeks you dont blush with. You then release the wasps from a container held in the funnel. The wasps have only one direction of travel.

Simples.

Surely such a commited Europhile as yourself will be well versed in Eastern European confessional extraction protocols.

Mark
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,190
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

goldon said:

goldon said:

Pot and Kettle springs to mind
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    lucy4 said:

I assume those people who found the previous 'Milkshake Attacks' funny,humorous and deserving are of the same opinion about this latest incident.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616

I posted this on another Forum when Mr Farage got the milkshake treatment;

We don't do politics on this Diary, but this outbreak of milk-shake throwing is not good, & whilst I have no time at all for Farage, I don't think chucking milkshakes at him or any other prominent Politician is a good thing at all. Gawd knows where it will all end. It'll be Mrs May or Boris next, & that's hardly the right way to oil the wheels of sensible debate.

• Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    edited May 2019
    Poured on him by a friend apparently, according to the owner of the shop where they were canvassing outside.

Plus, without wanting to be cynical, it just doesn't look 'real'. The gentleman in question has apparently claimed it was thrown on him by a passing cyclist. Pretty sure it would make more of a mess than that. Texture looks all wrong too, depending on where the alleged milkshake was purchased from.

It looks like choreographed yogurt.

• Options

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

goldon said:

goldon said:

Pot and Kettle springs to mind
    Why?