You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,190
    Now that many outlets are refusing to sell milkshakes in the wake of recent attacks it would seem that the perpetrators are turning to yoghurt.

Police have issued an appeal for information on the BIO (yoghurt) terrorists known as the MUNCH BUNCH. Apparantly they are ACTIVA (ist) s in support of remain.

Concerns are growing that the wait and SKI tactics employed by law enforcement could end up in someone getting MULLERed and police have warned that if FRUIT CORNERED they can be dangerous.

Supporters have been known to ONKEN their car horns in passing the scenes of such attacks but that aside little is known about the group.

This has been Mick SHAKE on behalf of SKYR news

Sorry due in work soon and bored.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,041
    How long before there's a petition to run the EU elections again because some people don't like the results..?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,028
    lucy4 said:

How long before there's a petition to run the EU elections again because some people don't like the results..?

The sad part is that the way people are voting for the more extreme solutions.

On the 1 hand people are voting for a Party with no plan to implement its only policy. But people vote for them regardless.

On the other hand, a normally moderate Party (the Lib Dems) gains votes with its "Bolox to Brexit" campaign.

We get the politicians we deserve.
  • Options
    Haysies already using % to advocate that this was a remain vote on the other thread
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,213

Haysies already using % to advocate that this was a remain vote on the other thread

You obviously didn't understand my post.
  • Options

The other pro-second referendum parties did well, with the exception of Change UK.
    The Greens achieved a share of 12.1%, comfortably ahead of the 8% achieved in the previous two European elections. The SNP’s 38% in Scotland was well above the 29% it obtained in 2014 (although only one percentage point ahead of its 2017 general election share).
    Plaid Cymru came second in Wales on 19.6%, up four percentage points from last time. Only Change UK struggled, finishing just ahead of Ukip at 3.4%, reflecting a crowded field of anti-Brexit parties.
    Potentially most significantly, the share of the two unambiguously pro-Brexit parties – the Brexit party and Ukip – was 34.9%, markedly lower than the aggregate total of the pro-second referendum parties (the Lib Dems, Greens, Change UK, the Scottish National party and Plaid) at 40.3%.
  • Options
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

I understand the point.

Mind you, it is worth noting that Man City are facing massive penalties for breaching Financial Fair Play, too. In political terms, people appear to believe that this means that Man City are going to win the Champions League. This year.

What saddens me is not Leaving. People could have united behind the Conservatives, and they could have pushed through Brexit by October. People could have voted Labour, forcing the Tories to re-open dialogue. Again, Brexit could have happened this year.

It is the doing precisely nothing to move us forward. It is the fact that a large majority of Leavers appear to be uniting in support of a Party that cannot even begin to deliver Brexit, and that has no concrete plan for so doing. For a Party that have 0 collective experience of ever running anything. Empty slogans don't achieve anything.

And most of all, it is people who moan about the delay in delivering Brexit by voting for the 1 Party that currently have 0 votes where it matters. Thus ensuring more delay. That, and giving the EU the opportunity to gloat about how we are going to miss OUR 2nd deadline to leave.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

I understand the point.

Mind you, it is worth noting that Man City are facing massive penalties for breaching Financial Fair Play, too. In political terms, people appear to believe that this means that Man City are going to win the Champions League. This year.

What saddens me is not Leaving. People could have united behind the Conservatives, and they could have pushed through Brexit by October. People could have voted Labour, forcing the Tories to re-open dialogue. Again, Brexit could have happened this year.

It is the doing precisely nothing to move us forward. It is the fact that a large majority of Leavers appear to be uniting in support of a Party that cannot even begin to deliver Brexit, and that has no concrete plan for so doing. For a Party that have 0 collective experience of ever running anything. Empty slogans don't achieve anything.

And most of all, it is people who moan about the delay in delivering Brexit by voting for the 1 Party that currently have 0 votes where it matters. Thus ensuring more delay. That, and giving the EU the opportunity to gloat about how we are going to miss OUR 2nd deadline to leave.
    I agree with you what you say and perhaps there was a lot of protest votes as that's the only way people thought they could get the message across,that whichever way you voted on the referendum the result had to be upheld. I saw a lot of t.v. interviews with remainers who stated they would be voting Brexit Party for that reason.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

I understand the point.

I agree with you what you say and perhaps there was a lot of protest votes as that's the only way people thought they could get the message across,that whichever way you voted on the referendum the result had to be upheld. I saw a lot of t.v. interviews with remainers who stated they would be voting Brexit Party for that reason.
    Completely agree.

I think we must leave, regardless of my personal preference.
    I just think that the Brexit Party have no way of achieving it.
    Led by a man who has made promises before, and walked away. I'm being told how to be patriotic by a man who intended to live in the USA last year.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

I understand the point.

I don't think so.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

I understand the point.

I don't think so.
    What don't you think?
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

HAYSIE said:

lucy4 said:

Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

I understand the point.

I don't think so.
    What don't you think?
    Why would remainers vote for the Brexit Party?
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Yes I did. Just because you post and somebody has a pop about it doesnt mean they dont understand it. It could just as well mean that they fully understand it but think that you're talking out of your backside.
  • Options

HAYSIE said:

Yes I did. Just because you post and somebody has a pop about it doesnt mean they dont understand it. It could just as well mean that they fully understand it but think that you're talking out of your backside.
    What you were having a pop about had nothing to do with what I posted.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Would you agree that are at least 4 Brexit options that have some popularity?

Lets call them, Theresa Mays deal, Norway plus, Canada plus, and no deal.

Would you agree that these are options that are widely talked about in the media?

Do you think that the 52% that voted leave thought they were al voting for the same option?
  • Options

I don't think so.

What don't you think?

As I stated originally I saw people being interviewed on the street by regional news programmes asking for their opinions and numerous people who voted remain stated they were voting Brexit Party in the EU elections.Most giving the reason that they thought the government had failed the public vote by not delivering brexit. Are you saying that with all the news and current affairs programmes that you must watch,that you never heard a remainer state they was voting Brexit Party? I find that very hard to believe.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

What you were having a pop about had nothing to do with what I posted.
    Thats because just like most politicians you dont really make your points clear you wrap them up in endless repeats of the same pictures and the same anti Farage, anti Brexit rhetoric.

What I voted for was a total break clean and complete and as unpalateable as they may be for you that is what I want. If that causes some problems for British business in the short term tough.

Nobody worried when being in the EU closed the British fishing industry and caused the loss of tens of thousands of jobs in coal, steel and construction.

The only reason the EU is being arsee is because they dont want us to go. They need us way more than we need them. That's why theyre trying to make us pay through the nose to leave, because they cant afford to keep going at the same level without our money. Who is going to make up the shortfall if we just leave ? Ireland (tinpot nation), Italy (another ten bob mob), Greece (ha ha as if), Spain (teetering on the brink), Portugal (dodgy economy again) or maybe the plethora of nations who only joined for the money. And, at the end of the day its always about money. From those sweet deal fat cats riding the gravy train to the M.P.s sitting on boards of companies invested in the status quo. The big political sponsors now desperately trying to persuade those they have in their pockets to lessen the impact of that train hitting the buffers.

I find it ironic that another country that we basically helped form with the dregs of our society can flourish as an Island nation with comparatively little population is 1,000s of miles away from its nearest trading partners and still manages to say fk off to anybody who it doesn't want to do business with and has a better standard of living, healthcare, policing, education and public services.

Australia, post no deal Brexit done properly.

Of course this will have no impact on you as you seem resigned to the belief that only all things E.U. can work, but at least I've wasted your time reading it.

The only deal is NO DEAL. (Just ask Noel)

• Options

It was.
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

I don't think so.

What don't you think?

As I stated originally I saw people being interviewed on the street by regional news programmes asking for their opinions and numerous people who voted remain stated they were voting Brexit Party in the EU elections.Most giving the reason that they thought the government had failed the public vote by not delivering brexit. Are you saying that with all the news and current affairs programmes that you must watch,that you never heard a remainer state they was voting Brexit Party? I find that very hard to believe.

No, I have seen many that have changed their minds. Probably far more in the opposite direction. A very good reason for a confirmatory vote. People should be allowed to change minds.

What I found curious is that you referred to someone voting for the Brexit Party, as remainers, even though they had very obviously become brexiteers.
    This is not a criticism bye the way. I just found it curious, rather than wrong.

Will we be labelled for ever, according to how we voted in the referendum?

What should we call people that didn't vote?

Would you agree that are at least 4 Brexit options that have some popularity?

Lets call them, Theresa Mays deal, Norway plus, Canada plus, and no deal.

Would you agree that these are options that are widely talked about in the media?

Do you think that the 52% that voted leave thought they were al voting for the same option?