You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The brexit party ...news and articles

Comments

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,514
    You're doing a grand job "dobi" watch out they don't fall down the brexit manhole

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029

Essexphil said:

The Opinion polls above make for interesting reading (not the Express one, obv).

Love the tagline about Labour facing an "uphill struggle"-looking like a massive win from here.

Noticeable that the "Remain" parties (Lib Dems, Greens, SNP/PC, Change) are making no headway whatsoever. Whereas Brexit/UKIP ARE making strides.

Give that elitist Farage credit where it is due. At least he is not racist like UKIP. And he is proving that you can fool some of the people all the time. And he IS entertaining. In a car-crash sort of way....

Well we know you don't hold any store in opinion polls anyway ...you actually said people lie in them , so on that basis not sure why you would find them interesting .
    As far as the fooling some of the people all of the time , sorry to say you are actually falling into Haysies MO of arrogantly dismissing peoples views as being misguided .
    You have correctly identified the party as being well supported , and watch out how the european elections and beyond pan out .
    Whereas you make all sort of incorrect assumptions about me. The usual trick of taking a few words, twisting them to suit yourself. Pathetic.

Would love to debate with you, but it's like knitting fog. Your only opinions are to inaccurately portray and criticise others. You choose to say nothing worthwhile concerning your own opinions. Which is why, on matters such as this, you are a waste of flesh.

My main dislike of Farage is the appalling way he treated the UKIP MP who used to represent my constituency, Douglas Carswell, a far more decent human being than Farage will ever be. I have met Nigel on more than 1 occasion. And he makes my flesh crawl.
  • Options
    dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

The Opinion polls above make for interesting reading (not the Express one, obv).

Love the tagline about Labour facing an "uphill struggle"-looking like a massive win from here.

Noticeable that the "Remain" parties (Lib Dems, Greens, SNP/PC, Change) are making no headway whatsoever. Whereas Brexit/UKIP ARE making strides.

Give that elitist Farage credit where it is due. At least he is not racist like UKIP. And he is proving that you can fool some of the people all the time. And he IS entertaining. In a car-crash sort of way....

Well we know you don't hold any store in opinion polls anyway ...you actually said people lie in them , so on that basis not sure why you would find them interesting .
    As far as the fooling some of the people all of the time , sorry to say you are actually falling into Haysies MO of arrogantly dismissing peoples views as being misguided .
    You have correctly identified the party as being well supported , and watch out how the european elections and beyond pan out .
    Whereas you make all sort of incorrect assumptions about me. The usual trick of taking a few words, twisting them to suit yourself. Pathetic.

Would love to debate with you, but it's like knitting fog. Your only opinions are to inaccurately portray and criticise others. You choose to say nothing worthwhile concerning your own opinions. Which is why, on matters such as this, you are a waste of flesh.

My main dislike of Farage is the appalling way he treated the UKIP MP who used to represent my constituency, Douglas Carswell, a far more decent human being than Farage will ever be. I have met Nigel on more than 1 occasion. And he makes my flesh crawl.
    Nope , not twisting anything ...this is exactly what you said regarding polls , just in case you have forgotten :

" People do not trust pollsters to keep responses secret.
    People answer these polls in front of family members, who may have very different views.
    People lie to themselves. On all sides of the debate (not just leavers)."

I would also suggest , that by resorting to insults as you have in the 2nd paragraph of yourt tirade , you lose the moral high ground as usual .
    " a waste of flesh " , classy ! ...not !
    If you have nothing to say that isn't an insult , please keep your opinions to yourself .
  • Options
    love it when so called moral high guardians of the forum , result to insults .
  • Options
    Never underestimate the strength of public opinion >>>

FORMER UKIP LEADER Nigel Farage has given a speech at the Brexit Party’s first campaign rally, after the party was officially launched yesterday.

“What happened on June 23 2016 should have been decisive,” he told those gathered in Birmingham this afternoon.

The crowd erupted into boos at the mention of a wide-range of figures including Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, British Prime Minister Theresa May – and former US president Barack Obama, who had urged the UK to vote against Brexit during the referendum campaign.

Farage said of the crowd’s booing of Obama: “I have a friend in the White House who would agree with that”.

Former Tory MP Anna Soubry, Former Labour Prime Minister Tony Blair, and French President Emmanuel Macron drew the biggest boos from the crowd. “This is better than polling,” Farage told the delegation.
    Farage was a founder and leader of the Eurosceptic UK Independence Party, aka Ukip. He resigned as leader of the party shortly after the vote.

“I genuinely thought and believed on that day, that we’d won,” he said.

“And I’ll admit that I perhaps did not spend as much of my life at the front line of politics, as I thought that I had achieved my goal of 25 years.”

“And yet I am here before you today because I could not comprehend the sheer deceit, dishonesty, verging on treachery” of the current British government, Farage said.

When Farage said that the mood in favour of Brexit was stronger than it’s ever been, it provoked a huge round of applause from the audience.

A YouGov poll released today indicates that the Brexit party holds 15% support in the context of the upcoming European elections, which the UK will most likely take part in.

https://www.thejournal.ie/brexit-party-campaign-rally-4590622-Apr2019/
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Lets also do a little delving into Carswell , who you are happy to defend :

Parliamentary expenses scandal
    See also: United Kingdom parliamentary expenses scandal
    After being elected in 2005, Carswell originally designated a £1 million flat in London as his second home, and claimed over £21,000 for food, rent and furniture. In 2007 he began renting a house in Thorpe-le-Soken in Essex, which he designated his second home, and again paid a deposit and for furniture, including a £655 love seat, from his expenses (see Flipping § Second home flipping). Between 2007 and 2009 he claimed £32,000 in expenses for the house. Carswell admitted to using expenses to buy "an armchair, sofa and some bedding, as well as a few other modest items of crockery and furniture", and commented "I believe this is entirely justified". In the 2012–13 financial year, he claimed £39,442.86, a larger figure than any other Essex MP. Carswell stated in July 2012 that his expenses had been greater than those of other MPs due to his need to rent accommodation close to parliament.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,029

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Nope , not twisting anything ...this is exactly what you said regarding polls , just in case you have forgotten :

People answer these polls in front of family members, who may have very different views.

I would also suggest , that by resorting to insults as you have in the 2nd paragraph of yourt tirade , you lose the moral high ground as usual .
    If you have nothing to say that isn't an insult , please keep your opinions to yourself .
    Why? My opinion of you is no secret. It's a forum. Where people share opinions. You manage to insult pretty much everyone on here, but can't take it.

I don't want the moral high ground. You just have the same effect on me as Mr Farage.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Essexphil said:

Why? My opinion of you is no secret. It's a forum. Where people share opinions. You manage to insult pretty much everyone on here, but can't take it.

I don't want the moral high ground. You just have the same effect on me as Mr Farage.
    Only one person dishing out the insults on here tonight and that's you ! Standard and expected .
    Pleased to hear I have the same effect on you as Nigel , if you are that disgusted , then there will be no need for you to respond to my posts further ...very simple really !
  • Options
    Party Rallies are attended by the Faithful not the litmus test to the EU election result..... nor are opinion polls from shady sources.
    Be more interested in Book Makers odd's............
  • Options
    Despite the insults by @Essexphil tonight , this thread will not be derailed .
  • Options

brexit party rally in Birmingham >>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiO30Va7opI

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,235

brexit party rally in Birmingham >>>>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiO30Va7opI

Didn't you post this before.
  • Options
    You should regard insults as terms of endearment without you to argue with, they are just yes boys. "Zombie" Remainers to the non elected members in the Political Union that is the EU. Their children will not thank them for trying to keep them in Europe where they would have no voice or vote. Thankfully this will not happen Democracy will triumph

disclaimer; I do not do Serious. lol
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299

Despite the insults by @Essexphil tonight , this thread will not be derailed .

I don't think anyone is trying to 'derail' the thread......btw what happened? I have a pm from Phil awhile ago saying he knows and likes you and not to get bothered by your posts....

Is Farage really this believable? ( BTW I'm not suggesting the rest are any better, far from it...) There are so many, provable eg of just how much of a liar/manipulator he really is and yet he seems to get such blind support
  • Options
    edited April 2019

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE! Express.co.uk readers send DIRE Brexit warning to May - POLL RESULTS

Our readers voted in their droves for Nigel Farage’s new Brexit Party to represent them in the European Parliament, an exclusive poll of almost 20,000 people has revealed. There hasn’t been an official declaration of the UK’s intent to partake in the next round of European Parliament elections, but with the latest Brexit delay it is highly likely. So we asked our readers: who would you vote for? The results were overwhelming, with 19,406 voting between 10.30am and 8pm on Friday, April 12.

Results of the poll:
    Brexit Party: 15,797 or 82 percent
    UKIP: 976 or six percent
    Change UK: 635 or four percent
    Labour Party: 600 or four percent
    Liberal Democrats: 380 or one percent
    Conservative Party: 361 or one percent
    Other: 237 or one percent
    Green Party: 209 or one percent
    SNP: 178 or less than one percent
    Plaid Cymru: 33 or less than one percent

The newly instated Brexit Party have the overwhelming lead.

Those who voted were eager to share their comments on the poll.

One wrote: “I would vote for Farage, he is the ONLY one who sincerely cares about are country.”

Another said: “I have never seen Farage lose an argument, no matter who he's up against. He tells the truth 'because he can, says it the way it is, and has the habit of actually answering questions. He's a one off!”

I will try once more, even though this is really hard work.

You posted the above.

Even though I could have ridiculed the suggestion that the Brexit Party would get 82% of the vote in the up coming EU elections, I didn't.
    The thought that the Tories and Labour could get 5% of the vote between them is moronic.
    However I merely posted an article which questioned the validity of the way the Express conduct their polling.
    Nobody that knew anything about anything would have posted this poll result.
    Included in my response were the results of 2 polls which I felt were more accurate.

You were the person that posed the Express poll results.

So you then replied as follows,

Directly from the yougov page , who I trust more than the unreliable nonsense you have quoted.
    So the Express have indeed quoted the figures correctly from yougov. >>>
    https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/04/13/tories-and-labour-face-uphill-struggle-european-el

You have accused me of posting nonsense yet the link that you have posted is exactly the same link and exactly the same poll as I posted.
    The figures that the Express quoted are not the same as the YouGuv poll that we both posted in that the Brexit Party don't have 82% of the vote, and the Tories and Labour don't have 5% between them.
    So YouGuv is not the same as the Express, and you have posted same poll, that you described as unreliable nonsense when I posted it.

The Express poll results were from their own poll and nothing to do with You Guv.

You then posted this,

Very last time I intend responding to your dementia led nonsense ...i responded to your poll by the open europe group , not yougov ...i merely pointed out that your views that the poll by yougov wasn't accurate because it was quoted by the express is nonsense .
    I would not only suggest no water with yours , but several common sense pills as well .
    Last response to your inane bs , apart from to say I'm very sorry your Brexit thread has died a death apart from a couple of usual suspects , but you won't get any attention on here ...door >>>>>>>>

I am completely at a loss.
    I think your real problem is that you are choosing topics to debate that you know little or nothing about.
    This means that as you have little understanding of the discussion, you resort to insulting all and sundry.

You can argue with this as much as you want, but it happens repeatedly, and is not accidental.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So just to be clear,

You posted this.

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE! Express.co.uk readers send DIRE Brexit warning to May - POLL RESULTS

Our readers voted in their droves for Nigel Farage’s new Brexit Party to represent them in the European Parliament, an exclusive poll of almost 20,000 people has revealed. There hasn’t been an official declaration of the UK’s intent to partake in the next round of European Parliament elections, but with the latest Brexit delay it is highly likely. So we asked our readers: who would you vote for? The results were overwhelming, with 19,406 voting between 10.30am and 8pm on Friday, April 12.

Results of the poll:
    Brexit Party: 15,797 or 82 percent
    UKIP: 976 or six percent
    Change UK: 635 or four percent
    Labour Party: 600 or four percent
    Liberal Democrats: 380 or one percent
    Conservative Party: 361 or one percent
    Other: 237 or one percent
    Green Party: 209 or one percent
    SNP: 178 or less than one percent
    Plaid Cymru: 33 or less than one percent

The newly instated Brexit Party have the overwhelming lead.

Those who voted were eager to share their comments on the poll.

One wrote: “I would vote for Farage, he is the ONLY one who sincerely cares about are country.”

Another said: “I have never seen Farage lose an argument, no matter who he's up against. He tells the truth 'because he can, says it the way it is, and has the habit of actually answering questions. He's a one off!”

I replied

Not necessarily reliable.

The Daily Express has flagged up a Brexit story correction on its front page for the second time within a week, following a ruling by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).
    https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/daily-express-forced-to-run-second-front-page-correction-over-anti-eu-coverage-in-space-of-a-week/

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/04/13/tories-and-labour-face-uphill-struggle-european-el

https://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/new-open-europe-poll-on-forthcoming-european-parliamentary-elections/

Your Reply. Which included the above 2 graphs.

Directly from the yougov page , who I trust more than the unreliable nonsense you have quoted.
    So the Express have indeed quoted the figures correctly from yougov. >>>

My Turn.

You posted the details of an Express poll that concluded that the Brexit Party got 82% of the vote.
    I posted an article questioning the validity of the way the Express conduct their poles.
    I also posted details of two other polls on the same topic, that have pretty similar results.
    These results are radically different to the Express results.
    You refer to the YouGuv results that I posted as nonsense.
    You then post exactly the same graph, and exactly the same link, and refer to both as being credible.

The results of the Express poll are completely different from the YouGuv one.

You should try adding a little more water.

Then You.

Very last time I intend responding to your dementia led nonsense ...i responded to your poll by the open europe group , not yougov ...i merely pointed out that your views that the poll by yougov wasn't accurate because it was quoted by the express is nonsense .
    I would not only suggest no water with yours , but several common sense pills as well .
    Last response to your inane bs , apart from to say I'm very sorry your Brexit thread has died a death apart from a couple of usual suspects , but you won't get any attention on here ...door >>>>>>>>

Then you go off abusing EssexPhil.
    Perhaps you could explain it to me?
    Have you got a clue about what you are doing?
  • Options
    Leader of Nigel Farage's party resigns over anti-Islam messages
    Catherine Blaiklock sent racist posts and retweeted those of far-right figures before joining Brexit party

The leader of the new pro-Brexit party backed by Nigel Farage abruptly resigned on Wednesday after the Guardian asked her about a series of deleted anti-Islam Twitter messages sent before she took on the role.
    Catherine Blaiklock, the leader of the Brexit party, repeatedly retweeted posts from far-right figures as well as sending her own messages. Among the messages she shared was one by Mark Collett, a former British National party (BNP) activist, referring to “white genocide”.
    The term is often used in extreme rightwing and racist online activism of the sort seen as having inspired the man suspected of shooting dead 50 people last week at mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The news will call Farage’s judgement into question after he left Ukip because of its “fixation” on Muslims and its alliance with far-right activist Tommy Robinson.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/20/leader-of-pro-brexit-party-catherine-blaiklock-resigns-over-anti-islam-messages
  • Options

Spot on again from Nigel >>>

BREXIT: Nigel Farage slams "arrogant bullies" Juncker, Barnier and Tusk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCdkJYN7Ays

Why do you think that he has failed in every one of his 7 attempts at becoming an MP?
  • Options
    Nigel Farage gets crowd ROARING at first Brexit Party rally - ‘LIONS LED BY DONKEYS!’

NIGEL Farage whipped up a storm at his Brexit Party’s very first rally yesterday in Birmingham, which saw the ex-UKIP leader vow to take on the “career political class” in the upcoming EU elections.
    The Brexit Party leader told a roaring crowd Britons were “lions being led by donkeys” during a patriotic speech that saw him tear into Theresa May’s Tory Government and die-hard Remainers for refusing to honour the result of the 2016 EU referendum. He said: “I find myself standing here in my sixth European election campaign. “I shouldn't be here, you shouldn't be here, this shouldn't be happening, we should have left the European Union
    “But I'm damned if after 25 years I'm going to roll over and let these politicians do this to us!

“So let's fight back! Let's fight back! We won't stand for it! We won't stand for it!”

He went on to accuse former deputy prime minister Sir Nick Clegg and ex-prime minister Tony Blair of showing a lac of respect to the Leave result.
    Mr Farage then declared war on the the EU, adding the May European elections were “just the beginning” before pledging to fix the UK’s broken political system.

The prominent Brexiteer said: “Fundamental change, taking on and beating the establishment are not things that happen because decent people nod their head and say "I agree with that".

“Fundamental change in society, the re-balancing that we need between people and the politicians will only come if people like you... determine that you will do something about it. And so I ask you, are you with us!”

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1113961/nigel-farage-brexit-party-rally-birmingham-EU-elections-Annunziata-Rees-Mogg