You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Leaker locked up.

13»

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,036
    Swedish Prosecutors Reopen Julian Assange's Rape Case

Swedish prosecutors will reopen an inquiry into a rape allegation against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange, weeks after he was dragged from the Ecuadorian embassy in London to face British and U.S. charges.
    Assange avoided extradition to Sweden for seven years after he holed himself up at the Ecuadorean embassy in London in 2012. However, Ecuador revoked its protection of Assange last month and he's now in British custody and awaiting a U.S. extradition hearing.
    He has always denied the rape charges.
    Sweden's deputy director of public prosecutions, Eva-Marie Persson, announced early Monday that Swedish prosecutors will revisit the sexual assault investigation two years after it was dropped.
    The case was dropped because, at the time, Sweden believed it was impossible to have him extradited to the country.

https://news.yahoo.com/swedish-prosecutors-reopen-julian-assanges-091453820.html;_ylt=AwrJQ6AHN9lc9zEApCFLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZmVxM3N0BGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

Swedish prosecutors will reopen an inquiry into a rape allegation against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange, weeks after he was dragged from the Ecuadorian embassy in London to face British and U.S. charges.
    Assange avoided extradition to Sweden for seven years after he holed himself up at the Ecuadorean embassy in London in 2012. However, Ecuador revoked its protection of Assange last month and he's now in British custody and awaiting a U.S. extradition hearing.
    Sweden's deputy director of public prosecutions, Eva-Marie Persson, announced early Monday that Swedish prosecutors will revisit the sexual assault investigation two years after it was dropped.
    The case was dropped because, at the time, Sweden believed it was impossible to have him extradited to the country.

https://news.yahoo.com/swedish-prosecutors-reopen-julian-assanges-091453820.html;_ylt=AwrJQ6AHN9lc9zEApCFLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTByZmVxM3N0BGNvbG8DaXIyBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

If he's guilty , lock him up .
    However for anyone who hasn't read the transcripts of the complainants statement ( one of the broadsheets got hold of it , but I've lost the link ) , I suggest you do read it . Flaky isn't strong enough of a word to describe it . It smacks of a massive set up .

HAYSIE said:

However for anyone who hasn't read the transcripts of the complainants statement ( one of the broadsheets got hold of it , but I've lost the link ) , I suggest you do read it . Flaky isn't strong enough of a word to describe it . It smacks of a massive set up .
    I am sure the Swedish Courts will sort it out, one way or another.

HAYSIE said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/dec/17/julian-assange-sweden
  • dobiesdrawdobiesdraw Member Posts: 2,793
    HAYSIE said:

HAYSIE said:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2010/dec/17/julian-assange-sweden
    That's the one
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    He'll have his day is court.
    He'll expose what really happened to Seth Rich.
    He'll be exonerated.
    VespaPX said:

He'll be exonerated.

Julian Assange could face 175 year US jail sentence over ‘classified information leak’
    The Wikileaks founder would likely spend the rest of his life behind bars if found guilty under the new indictment.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange could be sentenced to 175 years behind bars under new charges in the US.
    An 18-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury on Thursday charged Assange with Espionage Act violations, in an escalation from initial charges levied in April for conspiring with Chelsea Manning to crack a computer password.
    Caused grave harm
    The Trump administration’s justice department alleges that Assange was complicit in “unlawfully obtaining and disclosing classified documents related to the national defence.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/julian-assange-face-175-years-us-jail/
    HAYSIE said:

VespaPX said:

He'll be exonerated.

Julian Assange could face 175 year US jail sentence over ‘classified information leak’
    The Wikileaks founder would likely spend the rest of his life behind bars if found guilty under the new indictment.

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange could be sentenced to 175 years behind bars under new charges in the US.
    An 18-count indictment returned by a federal grand jury on Thursday charged Assange with Espionage Act violations, in an escalation from initial charges levied in April for conspiring with Chelsea Manning to crack a computer password.
    Caused grave harm
    The Trump administration’s justice department alleges that Assange was complicit in “unlawfully obtaining and disclosing classified documents related to the national defence.”

Why aren't several newspapers who obtained & published the same info being prosecuted?
    VespaPX said:

HAYSIE said:

VespaPX said:

He'll be exonerated.

Caused grave harm

Why aren't several newspapers who obtained & published the same info being prosecuted?
    I don't think that will really matter to him.

If he gets found guilty, he is looking at some serious porridge.

He may well spend years in his jail cell thinking that life is not fair, but most of us already knew that anyway.

He might end up doing some time in Sweden on the rape charge, before he gets to the US.
    VespaPX said:

If you and I both murdered two different people, we go to court, you get found guilty, and go to jail for life, I get off and walk free.
    You couldn't use my getting off, as a defence in your case, to somehow excuse your offence.
    This obviously wouldn't be fair, but life sometimes isn't.
    This sort of thing will occur on a regular basis.
    If he gets found guilty he is going to jail for a long time.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,597
    Cant believe I'm saying this but got to agree with @Haysie. Oh my days that hurt.

If the U S gets their hands on Assange hes looking at life plus plus

I suppose that When the Swedes are through with him he could try the "No possible fair trial" defense to stop any extradition attempt.

Although if IKEA want to open up in every U S state who knows.
    VespaPX said:

I also dont think the information referred to in both cases is anywhere near the same.
    It is comparing apples with pears.

Cant believe I'm saying this but got to agree with @Haysie. Oh my days that hurt.

If the U S gets their hands on Assange hes looking at life plus plus

I suppose that When the Swedes are through with him he could try the "No possible fair trial" defense to stop any extradition attempt.

Although if IKEA want to open up in every U S state who knows.

Thats a first, maybe you have seen the light, and there is hope for you yet.
    US Formally Asks Britain To Extradite Julian Assange
    U.S. and British security sources said U.S. prosecutors sent the formal extradition request to UK authorities last week, shortly before the expiration of a legal deadline. The formal submission of the request was first reported on Tuesday by the Washington Post.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/julian-assange-extradition-us-formally-asks-britain-to-extradite-julian-assange-2051744?ndtv_related