You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

would anyone be interested in a mtt plo8 league

lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
would anyone be interested in a mtt plo8 league im happy to run it looking for ideas on a format

also i have put all the results and a league done by profit for the last 2 day its been posted here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/FriendsOfSkyPoker/?fref=nf

Comments

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    Hi Carl
    I would be interested in this, I can’t play everyday but the days I do I try to reg the 08 tournaments if I’m in time., thanks for putting this forward.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    As far as format is concerned, I reckon the simpler the better, ie Points for finishing 1st to perhaps 10th, “ points make prizes” 😊
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    tomgoodun said:

As far as format is concerned, I reckon the simpler the better, ie Points for finishing 1st to perhaps 10th, “ points make prizes” 😊

Agree with this.
    For me, just the £5.50 one, or perhaps a £5.50 and a new £11...
  • engyengy Member Posts: 723
    I would be interested if it runs
  • pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,834
    I would play when I could, would prefer non bounty hunter, will go with whatever helps build the 08 traffic
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    I would be interested. I think a league format would be good as long as it doesn't just favour those that can play every night. Obviously a minimum quantity of events played would be required but lets give those who can't play all the tournaments a chance too.
    Maybe top 3 results from 7 or something like that, similar to the Monday Night holdem league thingy.

From reading previous responses a few of us are in a similar position.
  • HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,183
    Saw this on FB, great idea and WP for doing it.
    Like @Enut I like the idea of X number from X as I often find the 7.15 start is just a tad early for me most nights.
    Neil
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    HENDRIK62 said:

Saw this on FB, great idea and WP for doing it.
    Like @Enut I like the idea of X number from X as I often find the 7.15 start is just a tad early for me most nights.
    Neil

ok not sure who i would need to speak to about move the tournament to a little later
    pompeynic said:

I would play when I could, would prefer non bounty hunter, will go with whatever helps build the 08 traffic

the bounty hunter do get the most entries but see what i can do
    Essexphil said:

tomgoodun said:

Agree with this.
    For me, just the £5.50 one, or perhaps a £5.50 and a new £11...
    i will try and see if they will add another £5.50 not sure if they will do a £11 cos of numbers but i will ask
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,943
    edited May 2019
    I am sure someone could look at the start time the problem is you can’t really win either way.
    Usually done just after ten moving the start till 8 would mean it going on until 11 ish which would be too late for others

Would have to something like best 3 of 7 as not all players play every night, even as an extreme best 2. Maybe best 5 in a month.

Awarding points are something else. Should the winner of a 38 player game get the same points as the winner of a 55 player game? And If you do the points per player in the game it would be more extreme the other way.

Best thing is to start it and iron out the plan going forward or post a few polls to see what others think.

Not sure they will add another game as the numbers were not there last time.

Sure tikay will sort a prize though.

• SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,107
    There used to be a £200gtd £5.50BH at 8.30 as well as the 7.15, which was incorporated into the league (which @markycash ran) but that was binned due to lack of numbers so not sure if a later start would make a difference
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

"Sure tikay will sort a prize though".

Yes, but we need to see what level of interest there is first.

Also, until interest levels can be gauged, we can't ask Sky Poker to add further PLO8 MTT's or move start times.

I know some of you would prefer later start times for some of them, but just as many prefer earlier, or the same. These people don't use the Forum but Sky Poker need to cater for everyone.

I'm not trying to be Lord Wet Blanket, just trying to help. Honest. ;)
    Tikay10 said:

Also, until interest levels can be gauged, we can't ask Sky Poker to add further PLO8 MTT's or move start times.

I know some of you would prefer later start times for some of them, but just as many prefer earlier, or the same. These people don't use the Forum but Sky Poker need to cater for everyone.

could we swap the £5.50 b/h what starts at 19:15 with the £3.30 what starts at 19:45
  • gazany201gazany201 Member Posts: 1
    Definately interested, count me in
    lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

could we swap the £5.50 b/h what starts at 19:15 with the £3.30 what starts at 19:45

Let's see what numbers we get first please, before we start moving the schedule around. We have to be aware of those who already play these but who don't use the Forum or intend to take part in the League.
  • safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,542
    Agree with @pompeynic anything that can drive up PL08 traffic has got to be a good thing. Goodluck with your efforts.
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

Let's see what numbers we get first please, before we start moving the schedule around. We have to be aware of those who already play these but who don't use the Forum or intend to take part in the League.
    That, and the fact that the NLHE grinders would prefer it earlier. and most of us are the easy money...
    i will start it next monday best 2 results for the 7 £5.50 tournaments
    the points
    1st - 10 2nd - 8 3rd - 7 4th -6 4th - 5 5th -4 6th 3 7th- 2 8th-1
    if and the end of the week we end on level points then it will do down to the 3rd game