You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

would anyone be interested in a mtt plo8 league

13»

Comments

• dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

coo1-um said:

If the plan is to draw people in then the less games required is actually best imo.

Say I know there is a league running and I want to give it a shot. Well I’m more likely to play if I know I could get away with 2 games a week, of course the players that play every night will play anyway and will have more chances of getting top spots.

1 or 2 games a night? again a lot of players just play on phones or tablets where only one game is possible, again restricting access to players.

If the consensus is non bounty hunters and a little later then run the league from the £3.30 game but numbers will dwindle from the £5.50 and the guarantee will be removed.

As I posted before there will Be differing views from everyone the only way if @lfccarl wants to do it is to take on board all comments and go with what he believes. These differing opinions are the reasons why this has not been run for a while.

What it needs is @Tikay10 @SkyJames to run a plo8 week / month to push traffic. I’m sure this is due.

i was spamming the chat box last night and got a lot of reply saying im on the ipad cant get on the forum i have been posting on facebook group as well
    I'm not sure why that is. I use my ancient i-Pad to view & post on the Forum every day, and am making this post from my i-Pad.

Maybe I'm the only one, but i-Pad certainly works on the Forum for me.
    I think the replies in the chat box were from people who were one tabling on the ipad so couldn't get on the forum at the same time as playing.
    That's the problem I have on my android tablet.
  • dragon1964dragon1964 Member Posts: 3,054
    As I have started to play the PLO8 tournaments more frequently, count me in.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

coo1-um said:

If the plan is to draw people in then the less games required is actually best imo.

Say I know there is a league running and I want to give it a shot. Well I’m more likely to play if I know I could get away with 2 games a week, of course the players that play every night will play anyway and will have more chances of getting top spots.

1 or 2 games a night? again a lot of players just play on phones or tablets where only one game is possible, again restricting access to players.

If the consensus is non bounty hunters and a little later then run the league from the £3.30 game but numbers will dwindle from the £5.50 and the guarantee will be removed.

As I posted before there will Be differing views from everyone the only way if @lfccarl wants to do it is to take on board all comments and go with what he believes. These differing opinions are the reasons why this has not been run for a while.

What it needs is @Tikay10 @SkyJames to run a plo8 week / month to push traffic. I’m sure this is due.

i was spamming the chat box last night and got a lot of reply saying im on the ipad cant get on the forum i have been posting on facebook group as well
    I'm not sure why that is. I use my ancient i-Pad to view & post on the Forum every day, and am making this post from my i-Pad.

Maybe I'm the only one, but i-Pad certainly works on the Forum for me.
    I think the replies in the chat box were from people who were one tabling on the ipad so couldn't get on the forum at the same time as playing.
    That's the problem I have on my android tablet.

@dragon1964

Ahh yes, that makes perfect sense. Why did I not think of that? (Don't answer that please).
  • EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,432
    Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

lfccarl said:

how do you expect a league to be successful if it's not publicised

@Markycash did a sterling job of running one without it being publicised.

I dont think prizes were ever requested before it ran, but I think sky came up with prizes after seeing how flawlessly well it ran.

I could be wrong though.

That's my recollection, too.

Agree a format, show it's viable & will be regularly & well updated & not just a 5 minute wonder, & Sky Poker will assist.

They've ALWAYS supported Community run Leagues, dozens of them, but we need to show them we can do it successfully first. There still seem to be a lot of things we need to agree & sort imo.

Honestly, 1 MTT per night, best 2 results from 7, does not feel to me that's it's gonna rev folks up much, but if the OP can prove me wrong fair play to him & I'll try & get some added value. Promise.
    So you're going to play then? Super!
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315

^^^^^

ZING
  • lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    unlucky to it was in that hand with me royal flush vs quad kings
  • DORANODORANO Member Posts: 14
    im in dorano