You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

would anyone be interested in a mtt plo8 league

Comments

• tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    lfccarl said:

i will start it next monday best 2 results for the 7 £5.50 tournaments
    the points
    1st - 10 2nd - 8 3rd - 7 4th -6 4th - 5 5th -4 6th 3 7th- 2 8th-1
    if and the end of the week we end on level points then it will do down to the 3rd game

Good Morning

Could you give a little more detail please, are you awarding points for the ones that answered on this thread, or for everyone who plays?

Doing points for just one tournament isn’t going to drive numbers up overall I feel, which would give a little justification for any prizes which may be given.

I think the best way is to include both the 7:15 and 7:45 Tournaments, if people at present play just the one they would be more inclined to play both ( if possible) to gain points, Best 2 results may be a bit low also, if someone has the good fortune to win a couple early doors they wouldn’t have any reason to play any more, and driving traffic up is the main reason we need to push this.

Hope this comes across as I mean it, to give feedback, not to put a dampener on your efforts.
  • coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,943
    If the plan is to draw people in then the less games required is actually best imo.

Say I know there is a league running and I want to give it a shot. Well I’m more likely to play if I know I could get away with 2 games a week, of course the players that play every night will play anyway and will have more chances of getting top spots.

1 or 2 games a night? again a lot of players just play on phones or tablets where only one game is possible, again restricting access to players.

If the consensus is non bounty hunters and a little later then run the league from the £3.30 game but numbers will dwindle from the £5.50 and the guarantee will be removed.

As I posted before there will Be differing views from everyone the only way if @lfccarl wants to do it is to take on board all comments and go with what he believes. These differing opinions are the reasons why this has not been run for a while.

What it needs is @Tikay10 @SkyJames to run a plo8 week / month to push traffic. I’m sure this is due.

• lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    tomgoodun said:

lfccarl said:

the points
    if and the end of the week we end on level points then it will do down to the 3rd game

Good Morning

Could you give a little more detail please, are you awarding points for the ones that answered on this thread, or for everyone who plays?

Doing points for just one tournament isn’t going to drive numbers up overall I feel, which would give a little justification for any prizes which may be given.

I think the best way is to include both the 7:15 and 7:45 Tournaments, if people at present play just the one they would be more inclined to play both ( if possible) to gain points, Best 2 results may be a bit low also, if someone has the good fortune to win a couple early doors they wouldn’t have any reason to play any more, and driving traffic up is the main reason we need to push this.

Hope this comes across as I mean it, to give feedback, not to put a dampener on your efforts.
    its over the week the best 2 results for the week
    coo1-um said:

If the plan is to draw people in then the less games required is actually best imo.

Say I know there is a league running and I want to give it a shot. Well I’m more likely to play if I know I could get away with 2 games a week, of course the players that play every night will play anyway and will have more chances of getting top spots.

1 or 2 games a night? again a lot of players just play on phones or tablets where only one game is possible, again restricting access to players.

If the consensus is non bounty hunters and a little later then run the league from the £3.30 game but numbers will dwindle from the £5.50 and the guarantee will be removed.

As I posted before there will Be differing views from everyone the only way if @lfccarl wants to do it is to take on board all comments and go with what he believes. These differing opinions are the reasons why this has not been run for a while.

What it needs is @Tikay10 @SkyJames to run a plo8 week / month to push traffic. I’m sure this is due.

i was spamming the chat box last night and got a lot of reply saying im on the ipad cant get on the forum i have been posting on facebook group as well
    we could get some more tournament running would be great even if we had no guarantee or add a very low one like £20 and £5 buy in
  • EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,522
    lfccarl said:

tomgoodun said:

lfccarl said:

the points

Good Morning

You are the one running it, so your choice, really.
    Think it is more important to start it than to spend ages debating.

At some stage I would like to see 2 daily tournaments counting, 1 BH, 1 non-Bounty Hunter, and perhaps best 3 results.

But I can certainly see the benefits of starting as you suggest-numbers are going to be key to this. I like the 7:15 one, and will play whenever i don't have too many NLHE tables running.

Good luck.
  • tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,751
    lfccarl said:

tomgoodun said:

lfccarl said:

the points

Good Morning

Thanks for repeating what you posted before, that’s the bit I understood.
    Good luck.
    lfccarl said:

tomgoodun said:

lfccarl said:

the points

Good Morning

sorry everyone who in the tournament can score points i will start with just this tournament first till we get the right format and everyone is happy with it
    @tikay10 could we get something added to the tournament lobby to let people this is happening
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,315
    lfccarl said:

@tikay10 could we get something added to the tournament lobby to let people this is happening

No, that's something they will do at this stage.

Get it started, build a player-base, then they may be prepared to do something.

Same applies to adding new Tournaments.

how do you expect a league to be successfull if it's not publicised
  • SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,107
    Will there be a need to register to qualify for the league as we have to for the FTT on Monday and the Orfy on Friday?
    This will not stop any non-registered players from playing but any prizes for winning the league that are provided will only be to league players, as they are in the above tournies.
    no need to register just need to play the tournament
    edited May 2019
    lfccarl said:

We (the players) first need to show it's viable, that we have something that is sustainable, do that then I can ask Sky Poker to add a Prize or Prizes, & maybe change the Lobbies to reflect the League.

Run it for a couple of weeks please, then if it's working well & bringing in extra players I can get some prizes added & ask them to modify the Lobby blurb.

I'm not convinced that one MTT per night is going to work, tbh. I hope it does, but it just feels a bit thin at the moment to me.

PS - well done on wining the 7.15 PLO8 MTT last night. Beast.
  • mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,822
    lfccarl said:

how do you expect a league to be successful if it's not publicised

@Markycash did a sterling job of running one without it being publicised.

I dont think prizes were ever requested before it ran, but I think sky came up with prizes after seeing how flawlessly well it ran.

I could be wrong though.
    lfccarl said:

coo1-um said:

i was spamming the chat box last night and got a lot of reply saying im on the ipad cant get on the forum i have been posting on facebook group as well
    I'm not sure why that is. I use my ancient i-Pad to view & post on the Forum every day, and am making this post from my i-Pad.

Maybe I'm the only one, but i-Pad certainly works on the Forum for me.
    mumsie said:

lfccarl said:

I dont think prizes were ever requested before it ran, but I think sky came up with prizes after seeing how flawlessly well it ran.

I could be wrong though.

That's my recollection, too.

Agree a format, show it's viable & will be regularly & well updated & not just a 5 minute wonder, & Sky Poker will assist.

They've ALWAYS supported Community run Leagues, dozens of them, but we need to show them we can do it successfully first. There still seem to be a lot of things we need to agree & sort imo.

Honestly, 1 MTT per night, best 2 results from 7, does not feel to me that's it's gonna rev folks up much, but if the OP can prove me wrong fair play to him & I'll try & get some added value. Promise.
    Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

We (the players) first need to show it's viable, that we have something that is sustainable, do that then I can ask Sky Poker to add a Prize or Prizes, & maybe change the Lobbies to reflect the League.

Run it for a couple of weeks please, then if it's working well & bringing in extra players I can get some prizes added & ask them to modify the Lobby blurb.

I'm not convinced that one MTT per night is going to work, tbh. I hope it does, but it just feels a bit thin at the moment to me.

PS - well done on wining the 7.15 PLO8 MTT last night. Beast.
    ty that 3 in 4 days
    Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

lfccarl said:

I could be wrong though.

Agree a format, show it's viable & will be regularly & well updated & not just a 5 minute wonder, & Sky Poker will assist.

They've ALWAYS supported Community run Leagues, dozens of them, but we need to show them we can do it successfully first. There still seem to be a lot of things we need to agree & sort imo.

Honestly, 1 MTT per night, best 2 results from 7, does not feel to me that's it's gonna rev folks up much, but if the OP can prove me wrong fair play to him & I'll try & get some added value. Promise.
    Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

lfccarl said:

I could be wrong though.

the £5.50 get around 45 to 55 runner a day
    and the £2.20 get around 35 to 45 runner a day
    all the rest get around 20
    lets see how it gos with what im going to do if it dont go up then i will change it i dont mind put in the work
    lfccarl said:

Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

lfccarl said:

I could be wrong though.

Tikay10 said:

mumsie said:

lfccarl said:

I could be wrong though.

the £5.50 get around 45 to 55 runner a day
    and the £2.20 get around 35 to 45 runner a day
    all the rest get around 20
    lets see how it gos with what im going to do if it dont go up then i will change it i dont mind put in the work
    Excellent. The VBOL to you.