You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

The ICC 2019 Cricket World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    Very strange innings by Dhoni - especially the last 5 overs. Very difficult to change gear from going at 3/4 an over to thinking you'll be able to go at 14 an over for the last 3. Can't help but think he should have taken a few more risks earlier
  • Options
    SuperAyr25SuperAyr25 Member Posts: 37
    Dhoni is finished not the first time he has done this either saying that the top order were a disgrace only chasing 238
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,194
    England v Australia - that was a bad toss to lose, and Warner rubs it in by knocking the very first ball for 4.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Oh yes.

Archer traps Finch LBW very first ball, and the Aussies waste a review challenging it.
  • Options

Smith comes out to a crescendo of boos, and Archer welcomes him with a short-pitched delivery which sailed over Smith's head.
  • Options
    Boom.

Wakes gets Warner to reach for one going away and Bairstow takes the catch.

10/2.

Lovely.
  • Options

Woakes gets Handscomb now, 14/3 after 6 overs.

What a start.

Perhaps it was a good toss to lose?
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Defo cricket not tennis on the office TV today ;)
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Defo cricket not tennis on the office TV today ;)

So fickle.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    This bowling has been outstanding. Nearly every bowl has been so dangerous.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Fantastic start, need to back up that brilliant opening spell, will feel better when I see Smith walking back to the pavillion
  • Options
    Vince_107Vince_107 Member Posts: 70
    edited July 2019
    This is exactly the sort of total that makes me extremely tense watching us chase. I feel like England never knock these off in 40 overs, 2 down, but far more likely we get there 8 down with 2 balls to spare or conspire to lose the game altogether. It seems inevitable there will be a mini-collapse at some stage, but I seriously hope i'm proved wrong.

If Starc has figures of 5 overs 0/15 after his first spell i'll be delighted
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,283
    Is it too soon to say that I think we might be slight favourites now?
  • Options
    Vince_107 said:

This is exactly the sort of total that makes me extremely tense watching us chase. I feel like England never knock these off in 40 overs, 2 down, but far more likely we get there 8 down with 2 balls to spare or conspire to lose the game altogether. It seems inevitable there will be a mini-collapse at some stage, but I seriously hope i'm proved wrong.

Another great read from myself. I feel like i'm adding some solid insight into how these games will pan out :D
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    Vince_107 said:

Vince_107 said:

Another great read from myself. I feel like i'm adding some solid insight into how these games will pan out :D
    England with Roy are a totally different side. Him and Bairstow have the best opening partnership average in ODI history. Never in doubt.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Vince_107 said:

Vince_107 said:

England with Roy are a totally different side. Him and Bairstow have the best opening partnership average in ODI history. Never in doubt.
    Yeah I know we come out with a completely different mindset these days, I could just see Starc and Behrendorff getting early movement and causing some panic. Lovely to see how positive and assured our batting looks at the moment (aside from Morgan's recent troubles). The only negatives were Bairstow's woeful review, which Roy should've clearly told him was hitting middle half-way up. Also Roy's reaction to his poor decision, which as previous I think he is largely to blame for not being able to review.
  • Options
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,106
    I'm of the thinking that it might be better to bat second and let the bowlers get at New Zealand early on, when there might be a few nerves out there for whoever bats first.By the time the second batting team come in their nerves should be less and they know exactly what they've got to do to win the match.
  • Options

Think I'd rather bat first & post a score, as the wickets have tended to get slower as the days wear on.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,106
    It's a hard one to call with the weather as it is,rain could play a big part and the dreaded DL method.