You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can Duesenberg cut it as an MTT reg? Let's find out...

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

MattBates said:

In terms of the significant volume, have you compared your volume to other players and removed all in sats? I think your volume is fairly decent although I think you would maybe have done better with fewer sessions but more higher volume sessions.

You're right that my volume starts to look a fair bit more respectable compared to others when sats (especially all-in ones) are taken out of the equation. I also agree that I'd probably benefit from playing with less frequency but with a higher level of intensity/volume per session.

It may be different/easier with grinding cash games due to less parameters changing over the course of a session (ie relative stack sizes, ICM considerations etc.), but when I'm critical of myself for the volume I managed to put in over the course of this challenge, it's in the context of the marathon sessions I used to regularly be able to put in a couple of years back. I seem to get mentally fatigued far more quickly now than I used to which I put down to either getting older or growing slightly bored of the game. I'd like to think it's the latter but I fear it's more likely the former :frowning:.
    I don't think it works as well playing smaller MTT sessions. Late on in a session your table count drops and at the start it can be hard to get table count up. You can focus a little more when table count is lower but I think overall your hourly isn't great when you play smaller sessions.